G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
It's faster than the current i4 accord as well, not shocking considering weight/power ratios.

One thing that was discouraging was the skidpad and stopping distance numbers, which they chocked up to the crappy tires honda used on the test cars... lets hope those change before production, or at least that the coupe gets better/stickier tires since its more performance oriented. If the accord can pull .88g on the skidpad there is no reason the new civic shouldn't be able to do the same with some better rubber wrapped around those 17" wheels.
Yeah, blame that on the tires. Atleast those can be changed when the time comes though.
Sponsored

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
The coupe i would imagine gets better tires and the stopping distance/acceleration numbers should be even more impressive. MT's numbers are always slower for some reason.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
From reading Motortrend for years they always seem to overestimate 0-60 times... on all cars... not sure why, but they always seem to want to add half a second or more to times.
MT's number are more realistic for the way people actually drive their cars.

CD gets their numbers by thrashing the car in a way you wouldn't if you owned it.

Cheval

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Acura
One thing I just realized, and this would be REALLY nitpicking at the costcutting, is that they still use an incandescent bulb for a third brake light. That housing and shape I don't think has changed since the 7th gen model. Then again, my uncle always told me that gas and brake pedals, third brake lights, and window switches are the 3 items that RARELY get changed because they don't need to be. I believe the window lockout switch with the orange light is the same part number on the Acura RLX, and I have a 2014 Civic...
Actually NONE of the brake lights are LEDs--they're ALL incandescent bulbs.

The front is taken care of but the back is going to have to ba taken care of with aftermarket LEDs. Brake lights, turn signals and backup lights I'll be changing to LEDs if I get this car. Only question is if can get away with a high-powered LED for the turn signal without the hyperflash (and messing with resistors).

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
MT's number are more realistic for the way people actually drive their cars.

CD gets their numbers by thrashing the car in a way you wouldn't if you owned it.
Lets face it, 0-60, 1/4 mile and lap times are for bragging rights anyway. Most will never come close to driving their cars with enough skill and precision it takes to achieve magazine's published times. Therefore, I submit that C&D's numbers are equally bogus since most want to know what the limits of the car are, not what the average driver can do. That's why we wait for reputable drivers like Randy Pobst to get a hold of them.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
C/D times are usually perfect launches and out of like 30 tries. If Motortrend got 7.2, expect the average consumer to do it high 7s or low 8s. The fact that some of us don't live at sea level further robs this car of power although the turbo has largely mitigated that.

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Just noticed the 16.5 PSI on the 1.5T was added. That thing's pushing a lot of boost. Surprised it doesn't have higher power output but it seems to be getting the job done in terms of acceleration. Which of course could also be due to how aggressively programmed the CVT is. At the end of the day an engine that can achieve 6.8 0-60 and get 42 MPG (not at the same time :)) is still impressive.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Just noticed the 16.5 PSI on the 1.5T was added. That thing's pushing a lot of boost. Surprised it doesn't have higher power output but it seems to be getting the job done in terms of acceleration. Which of course could also be due to how aggressively programmed the CVT is. At the end of the day an engine that can achieve 6.8 0-60 and get 42 MPG (not at the same time :)) is still impressive.
My initial thought too; but PSI is not indicative of output. I don't know the exact specs but imagine Honda is using a VERY small turbo to get the low end torque advertised. Crank the boost through a small straw, and power is going to be limited.

Red Traveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
So wheelbase grew 1.2" but overall length increased almost 3" ....

They don't exactly say where the length was added and I recall mention that the front overhang was slimmed down. Is the difference totally attributable to the 2" increased rear leg room or was it re-proportioned for that?

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So wheelbase grew 1.2" but overall length increased almost 3" ....

They don't exactly say where the length was added and I recall mention that the front overhang was slimmed down. Is the difference totally attributable to the 2" increased rear leg room or was it re-proportioned for that?
Indeed, the front overhang has been taken in by 1.4" and the rear overhang has increased by 2.9". Here is a comparison of the dimensions.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Technical Specs of 2016 Honda Civic 2016 Civic vs 2015 Civic Dimensions

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exige, 911, Civic
Don´t know if this has been posted before, but the most detailed info I´ve found is in these oficial press releases:

1) Overview:
http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=8707-en

2) Interior:
http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=8710-en

3) Powertrain:
http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=8705-en

4) Chasis:
http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=8709-en

There are many more over here (exterior, connectivity, safety, etc)
http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/press-releases.aspx

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's weird they list everything but the ground clearance.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Just noticed on the technical specs on the website, the Touring gets bigger stabilizer bars.

DESCRIPTION LX EX EX-T EX-L Touring
Front - Tubular (mm) 25.0 25.5 25.5 25.5 26.5
Rear - Solid (mm) 16.5 16.5 16.5 16.5 17

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
yeah the mazda 3 has definitely good compitition for this civic. .... that 2.5 ltr (non cvt) engine has the fuel economy and power. ...... BUT, they don't have this accords sophistication and finish. and the resale value for the civic will be way better.

StuntMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Generation LX - Modern Steel
What does "versus outgoing model" mean?
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Technical Specs of 2016 Honda Civic ima
Does this mean the Civic can go up to 235/45/17?
Sponsored