2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
I'm a little disappointed with the weight. The "68lb lighter chassis" didn't materialize into a 68lb lighter car.
It did for the non-turbo cars. LX CVT dropped 60lbs, EX dropped 73lbs.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It did for the non-turbo cars. LX CVT dropped 60lbs, EX dropped 73lbs.
And while they didn't all lose that much, they're still lighter than the outgoing car... Touring is lighter than the current EXL... that's impressive for a car that's got so much standard tech and is larger.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
One thing I just realized, and this would be REALLY nitpicking at the costcutting, is that they still use an incandescent bulb for a third brake light. That housing and shape I don't think has changed since the 7th gen model. Then again, my uncle always told me that gas and brake pedals, third brake lights, and window switches are the 3 items that RARELY get changed because they don't need to be. I believe the window lockout switch with the orange light is the same part number on the Acura RLX, and I have a 2014 Civic...

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing I just realized, and this would be REALLY nitpicking at the costcutting, is that they still use an incandescent bulb for a third brake light. That housing and shape I don't think has changed since the 7th gen model. Then again, my uncle always told me that gas and brake pedals, third brake lights, and window switches are the 3 items that RARELY get changed because they don't need to be. I believe the window lockout switch with the orange light is the same part number on the Acura RLX, and I have a 2014 Civic...
I think the coupe is getting a different 3rd brake light... from the spy shots of the rear it looks to be a whited out LED unit (mounted on the ceiling as opposed to the rear deck like on the sedan.

okx2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S60
I own a 2013 Volvo S60 that I bought new. I'm considering the Civic Touring model probably sometime in the next year. Sure, my Volvo has options and power this Civic will never have, but the money I'll save over buying another luxury car is amazing. I saw one review that said the adaptive cruise has "low speed follow" that will bring the car to a stop. I test drove the Acura TLX a couple of months ago that didn't have that ability built into its adaptive cruise. I think Honda will have a lot of crossover shoppers.

Tamacake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si G8
Very interesting.
I liked the 42 mpg and 7.2s [MotorTrend] at 0-60 mph, which has shown a good performance of the new CVT ...

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out Car & Drivers numbers, they are even more impressive.
From reading Motortrend for years they always seem to overestimate 0-60 times... on all cars... not sure why, but they always seem to want to add half a second or more to times.

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
A little disappointed in the torque for the 1.5T. Was hoping for 180 lbs/ft or more.

42 MPG highway is very, very impressive though.
Good thing is it hits torque peak at just 1800 RPM.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
From reading Motortrend for years they always seem to overestimate 0-60 times... on all cars... not sure why, but they always seem to want to add half a second or more to times.
This is true, although I don't know that these were estimates, but their times are usually the slowest of the bunch. Using C&D's 9th gen Si numbers vs the 1.5t touring from them as well, they are virtually the same performance in a straight line.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is true, although I don't know that these were estimates, but their times are usually the slowest of the bunch. Using C&D's 9th gen Si numbers vs the 1.5t touring from them as well, they are virtually the same performance in a straight line.
It's faster than the current i4 accord as well, not shocking considering weight/power ratios.

One thing that was discouraging was the skidpad and stopping distance numbers, which they chocked up to the crappy tires honda used on the test cars... lets hope those change before production, or at least that the coupe gets better/stickier tires since its more performance oriented. If the accord can pull .88g on the skidpad there is no reason the new civic shouldn't be able to do the same with some better rubber wrapped around those 17" wheels.
Sponsored