OFFICIAL * HATCHBACK TRIM DETAILS * for CANADA *

nick82bk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Hello Ladies & Gentlemen ~

I'm new to this site ... I joined about 2 weeks ago with a sole-purpose in mind:: to bug the crap out of everybody here to eagerly find out weather or not US will have the Hatchback with a 6MT + Sunroof That's all i want, guys.

Anyway,, over on the other thread we started the speculation of importing a Sport model from Canada to the US (as rumors are that Canada will have better specs in their Sport trim)

As days have gone on, and people have shared info and links on how to process all of the logistics and paperwork --- I'm now seeing this as a very viable option for me. I live in New York.

Yesterday I called up Toronto Honda to introduce myself and establish a relationship, and get the groundwork rolling on my upcoming objective .....

Well, just now I checked my e-mail and see a message from my guy at Toronto Honda and he
JUST RECEIVED UPDATED TRIM SPECS for the 2017 CIVIC HATCHBACK

Here's the e-mail in its entirety

Hello Nicholas,

Good news! Just got some update from Honda Canada.

Our trims will be:

Standard Features on the 2017 Civic Hatchback LX:

Heated Front Seats

6-speed manual transmission (MT)

Available continuously variable transmission (CVT)

Apple CarPlay™2,3 / Android Auto™2,3

7” Display Audio with HondaLink™

16”Alloy Wheels

Body-coloured Door Handles

Body-coloured Heated Mirrors

Tailgate spoiler

Retractable cargo cover

Automatic Emergency Response System

Hill Start Assist

Econ Mode Button

Single Zone Automatic Climate Control

Available Honda Sensing™ Technologies (CVT)

Sport: (adds to or replaces LX features)

One-touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature

18" Alum (vs. 16")

Front/Rear and side skirt garnish

Honda LaneWatch

Remote engine start

Fog lights

Proximity key entry system with pushbutton start

Dual zone auto A/C

Sport pedals

Skirt package (front, side and rear)

Auto highbeam (standard on Honda Sensing trims)

Variable intermittent wiper

Paddle shifter (CVT only)

Leather steering wheel

Dual Center exhaust with chrome finisher

Illuminated vanity mirror

Red ambient light

Available Honda Sensing Technologies (CVT)

Sport Touring: Adds to or replaces Sport features

Leather interior

Honda Sensing Technologies

Auto high beam

Navigation w/ HD Traffic

LED headlights (low/highbeam)

LED mirror integrated turn signal

Auto dimming rearview mirror

Rain sensing windshield wipers

Heated rear seats

4-way power passenger seat

8-way power driver's seat

Hope those information will be helpful for you.
Kind Regards,

:) ... Ok.. Let the thoughts and comments begin to flow. I'll check back on this thread later on this evening.

Peace,
Nick from Brooklyn, NY
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Not happening.

Number one... we already knew Honda Canada was offering more content in their offerings. That's generally the case. Basically, their LX version is our EX trim (except they get a manual). Number two, Honda isn't changing their production plans for the US models. The LX and Sport trim will be the only ones with the 6 speed and will not feature the 7" touch screen or sunroof. Honda US won't be changing things between now and the September release to showrooms. It sucks but it is what is is.

Good luck importing a Canadian one. Personally, it just seems like way too much work for a sunroof.

OP
OP

nick82bk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
@gtman Thanks dogg,, it does seem like a lot of work ...

Or does it? ... A few phone calls, a few registration forms, a couple compliance letters to obtain. Yea it sucks, but i'm going to challenge myself.

Just having the shade cover pulled back on a sunroof opens up the space, adds light, gives me the vibe I desire.

If I'm going to be throwing $20K+ at a new Civic, I don't want to feel like i've been screwed out of something.

But Yes, this sucks

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I honestly believe that the US sport trim across multiple Honda vehicles, is a trim with an identity crisis. "Let's make a car that looks great on the outside, with nothing on the inside". The sports trim looks so nice on the accord, however the totally gutted inside leaves much to be desired. They should follow Honda Canada. Or, they could place to the Sport ahead of the EX so it would look something like , (LX, EX, Sport, Touring). It would make more sense and actually induce higher profit margins at the same time as meeting a demographic that is snubbed time and time again here in the U.S.

You're welcome Honda, just send me my check in the mail.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honda US won't go for it. Makes way too much sense. ;) Canada's packaging with only the three well equipped models is perfect. You've got the nicely equipped LX, the well equipped and sportier Sport, and more luxury Sport Touring model.

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Honda US won't go for it. Makes way too much sense. ;) Canada's packaging with only the three well equipped models is perfect. You've got the nicely equipped LX, the well equipped and sportier Sport, and more luxury Sport Touring model.
Here's something that will make even more sense, drop the EX trim. BOOM! Or does that make too much sense?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The reason why we have less trims and colour combos is to compensate for the fact that the market is smaller, and they don't want to be producing shit people won't buy. 3 trims, probably 5 colours max each with 6MT limited to gray scale colours.

Tbh, I'm looking forward to being able to buy sport pedals as 'replacement' parts then retrofit them on to our sedan/coupe models. Auto high beams seems like a cool feature too but since it's connected to a sensor, it might be difficult if not impossible.

Issue is, your LX is gonna start at $21k for a 6MT, then add accordingly for CVT or Sensing, $25k for a Sport, and $28-29 for the Sport Touring. Factor a hefty $1,595 destination charge, and up to 15% sales tax depending on where you live, I bet your ass thing ain't gonna be cheap for a regular Canadian buyer

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
Thanks Nick. Did the sales person mention which audio system come with the Sport and Sport Touring trims? The US is getting a 12 speaker system with the Touring trim.

Also, can you get the Sport Touring with the 6MT? That would seem surprising as a lot of the Sensing Tech would not work.

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fuck me, I should have waited for the hatch. I may jack the first one I see at a red light, GTA-style.

racinginblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 civic exl 2016 lx coupe
The reason why we have less trims and colour combos is to compensate for the fact that the market is smaller, and they don't want to be producing shit people won't buy. 3 trims, probably 5 colours max each with 6MT limited to gray scale colours.

Tbh, I'm looking forward to being able to buy sport pedals as 'replacement' parts then retrofit them on to our sedan/coupe models. Auto high beams seems like a cool feature too but since it's connected to a sensor, it might be difficult if not impossible.

Issue is, your LX is gonna start at $21k for a 6MT, then add accordingly for CVT or Sensing, $25k for a Sport, and $28-29 for the Sport Touring. Factor a hefty $1,595 destination charge, and up to 15% sales tax depending on where you live, I bet your ass thing ain't gonna be cheap for a regular Canadian buyer
The other side doesn't realize how bad we get it here in Canada when it comes to buying new vehicles they sure have the advantage buying used and importing as there dollar goes along way take care hurtin albertan

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Disappointing that I'll have to get the top of the line model in order to get the LED headlights.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Thanks Nick. Did the sales person mention which audio system come with the Sport and Sport Touring trims? The US is getting a 12 speaker system with the Touring trim.

Also, can you get the Sport Touring with the 6MT? That would seem surprising as a lot of the Sensing Tech would not work.
Which is why it probably won't be included then. You can get a '16 Accord Touring 6MT with no Honda Sensing here. For 17 it's only CVT now.