PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
My new Si she's all blacked out. Except for the wheel lugs
20170923_123729.jpg
Everytime I see pictures of a clean CBP Civic here, I want to get one.

However, a black car is a lot of work especially with my slight OCD! Also, in a long run, the scratches and chips are more pronounced in a black car.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everytime I see pictures of a clean CBP Civic here, I want to get one.

However, a black car is a lot of work especially with my slight OCD! Also, in a long run, the scratches and chips are more pronounced in a black car.
Oh I already know. She's not my first black car... Nor my last.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Oh I already know. She's not my first black car... Nor my last.
Do you care for swirls?
I learnt about detailing only with my current Mercedes. It is silver so it hides the swirls well. I don't mind washing the car often but not sure how I would react to swirls.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you care for swirls?
I learnt about detailing only with my current Mercedes. It is silver so it hides the swirls well. I don't mind washing the car often but not sure how I would react to swirls.
Fortunately I have detailed cars in my past and I'm familiar with the needs of black cars. But yes I'm kinda OCD too at least I have unlimited carwashes at my dealer.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Fortunately I have detailed cars in my past and I'm familiar with the needs of black cars. But yes I'm kinda OCD too at least I have unlimited carwashes at my dealer.
Dealer? Unlimited scratches

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dealer? Unlimited scratches
Its absolutely bound to get scratches, I live in Chicago so it's only a matter of when not if it gets scratched, dented, rear ended or damaged in any way shape of form, My fellow Chicago citizens are the reason nobody has nice things around here...the damage clock is already ticking..........

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Its absolutely bound to get scratches, I live in Chicago so it's only a matter of when not if it gets scratched, dented, rear ended or damaged in any way shape of form, My fellow Chicago citizens are the reason nobody has nice things around here...the damage clock is already ticking..........
Agreed. Scratches in a black car will be more pronounced.

My silver car is well maintained and many times when I washed my car, I found new scratches or chips. I will definitely install clear bra once I take delivery of the car.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is my 2017 Honda Civic EX-T. All I have done so far is a blacked out grill, window tint, and F1R F27 Bronze wheels. hopefully more coming soon.

IMG_0160.JPG
She's Beautiful!
But don't forget to hide your plates in the pictures!!

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
This is my first black car, and it's definitely hard to keep clean. I've been at the carwash every week. Do you have any tips?