Official Alignment Specs?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know or have access to the alignment specifications from Honda for the 10th gen Civics? I've seen conflicting information from indepentant shops.
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Subscribed.

I'll check the manual that came on the CD-ROM (still can't believe I got a CD-ROM, either!).

[edit]
Nope, not in the regular owner's manual. It won't even find the words "caster" or "toe". ;)

Last edited:

cmanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know or have access to the alignment specifications from Honda for the 10th gen Civics? I've seen conflicting information from indepentant shops.
@360glitch I got my alignment done at a local Honda dealership after Sportlines install. Not sure if this will help but here are the specs from my alignment paperwork....
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Alignment Specs? alignment

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So, judging by the Specified Range numbers...

Front:
Camber: a little negative
Toe: straight

Rear:
Camber: more negative than the front
Toe: a little toe-in ("positive" toe), no negative toe in the specified range at all

Looks a lot like what I saw on my EP's alignment sheets. It's a safe factory alignment. Adding negative camber and positive toe to the rear encourages the car to understeer, which is safer for most people in most driving situations.

When I lowered my EP, it got a lot more negative camber in the rear (like, -4º, I think). Even with the rear tires cranked to 45 psi, it didn't want to turn easily when autocrossing until I got the rear camber readjusted to nearly 0º.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@360glitch I got my alignment done at a local Honda dealership after Sportlines install. Not sure if this will help but here are the specs from my alignment paperwork....
alignment.jpg
Thanks, this is probably exactly what we were looking for. Did you install the rear SPC kit as well?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For future reference in case the image breaks:

(all in degrees of angle)
Front specs --
Camber: -0.8 to +0.2
Caster: 4.8 to 5.8
Toe: -0.08 to +0.08

Rear --
Camber: -2.0 to -0.5
Toe: 0.04 to 0.16

What do these mean?

The front camber should be nearly vertical, but a little inward tilt is okay. Front toe should be dead-straight, ideally.

The rear camber should have a little inward tilt, but not too much. Toe should be a little bit "toe-in" as given by the positive numbers ("toe-out" would be -0.04, etc).

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The alignment kit was installed.
I wonder if it's normal for shops to send cars out with unequal camber. They tried to do the same thing to me. It looks like they did not touch the camber arms you had installed. My shop initially didn't know what to do with them, even after I provided the instructions. I had to get back there and fix it myself, true story.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Alignment Specs? IMG_0752.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Official Alignment Specs? IMG_0754.JPG

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder if it's normal for shops to send cars out with unequal camber.
It's normal if the shop sucks. ;)

I found a good guy when I got my EP's camber arms installed. This shop let customers go back into the service area. I asked, "Hey, can you install these in the rear?" He looked at them, we looked at my car on the lift, and he goes, "Okay, yeah, I see how these work -- loosen this, unscrew that, lock it down -- yeah, I can do it." Did the work, brought me back to show how he did it, and they stayed in place for the next seven or eight years until I sold the car.
Sponsored