ieatpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
how much did that matte clear bra cost you?
Went to MykoDesigns and they quoted me at $6000 for the entire car, but I was able to talk them down to $5500. That includes the materials and the labor for a custom job. I went with the most expensive clear bra, so that cut into the budget quite a bit. It's a hydrophobic matte clear bra that is supposedly self healing and won't fade/yellow in the sun. They have cheaper clear bra options, and also have pre-cuts that would make the installation much cheaper. Custom jobs are expensive >.> I think if I hadn't gone with the most expensive option and custom install they would not have gave me that big a discount. But 10/10 on the installation and looks. Already got hit by a couple rocks on the freeway and it feels so much better knowing the car is protected.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
Went to MykoDesigns and they quoted me at $6000 for the entire car, but I was able to talk them down to $5500. That includes the materials and the labor for a custom job. I went with the most expensive clear bra, so that cut into the budget quite a bit. It's a hydrophobic matte clear bra that is supposedly self healing and won't fade/yellow in the sun. They have cheaper clear bra options, and also have pre-cuts that would make the installation much cheaper. Custom jobs are expensive >.> I think if I hadn't gone with the most expensive option and custom install they would not have gave me that big a discount. But 10/10 on the installation and looks. Already got hit by a couple rocks on the freeway and it feels so much better knowing the car is protected.
:eek:

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
It's expensive I know! but this offers the protection that vinyl can't and looks much better than plastidip ever will.
10/10 on the looks but man that price is insane. but im pretty sure i would have my car clear bra'd/ wrapped if i could afford it.

mygum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
I'm going to plastidip the chrome door trims(?) and the CIVIC/H emblem in the rear. I don't like the look of blacking out the H emblem in the front... I'm getting a legacy license plate which is black with yellow text. Any ideas on what I should do with the front emblem? :spaz:

delfonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
the matte clear bra is amazing. praises to the guys that did the labour. but 6k.... ouch. i'd spend that on wheels and suspension.

my wife bought me the OEM leathe bra. i'm pretty happy with it. can't wait until the weather gets better so i can actually install it without freezing my butt off.

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
You could also not worry about little chips/dings. And, if at some point in the future you still have the car and the paint is too damaged, you could repaint the whole car... For less than $5,500...

Just sayin'.

Tearhammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 6 speed LX Civic Blue, 2013 Chevy Sonic LT hatch
Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread IMG_2024.JPG

Spring finally is here and can put in something better then steelies.

16x7 Momo Corse with its excessive lip badging but for the price I figured it would do.
Sponsored