Official: 2018 Civic Type R unveiling at Geneva!!!

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I figure I'd share some "rumors", don't quote me on them....

Production for the CTR is suppose to start some time in July, expect them to ship to the US first with the east coast folks getting them late August to early September.

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
The sales manager at one of our local dealerships said that they will be getting 2 in April. 1 red, 1 black. It's a one package deal, no options. They will be about $41k.

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
40 grand is wayyy too much for: Honda badge in general, Honda has always been a lower market brand. Way too much for FWD Civic, way too much for single scroll turbo, all steel body with stamped steel suspension. I will wait for the reviews, American reviews, check out its performance. At this point I'm ready for it to be about 31 grand.

When the chevy Z-28 was announced the forum idiots speculated it would be 70-80k and it was, then they couldn't sell any and over two years later cars were new on lots for 20k under sticker. Don't say your willing to pay 40k for a fwd civic just because it says type r.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
The sales manager at one of our local dealerships said that they will be getting 2 in April. 1 red, 1 black. It's a one package deal, no options. They will be about $41k.
I can't imagine that they would go for 41k base price, that's basically pricing themselves out of the market and a foolish idea. You sure your dealer wasn't just talking up the price to get you ready for that sweet, sweet ADM? A fully maxed RS with AWD and a 2.3L is 41,370... Also no options? Seems a bit outlandish. Every car has options, even if it is just cosmetic or additions like door guards. I'm fully expecting a base/GT setup just like the 9th gen. (Similar to the RS's RS2 package)

Also maybe it's just me, but it seems like the sales managers have about as much info as we do, so I doubt they know already...

Then again maybe they weren't just spitballing and that's whatever information they have at the moment, who knows until March!

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
I'm getting tired of all these guesses... makes me constantly try to LIKE photos of the hideous redesigned STI or boringness of the Golf R. I literally sit and just stare at photos of them telling myself I could like those chassis.

I don't want those cars. I want a Type R... but I don't want a $40k type R that badly lol