Official: 2018 Civic Type R unveiling at Geneva!!!

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Admin update: the Geneva auto show press days start on March 7th.

Production is expected to begin this Summer.

Full Honda UK press release:
http://hondanews.eu/eu/en/cars/medi...e-of-the-future-at-the-2017-geneva-motor-show

The highlight of Honda’s show presence will be the unveiling of the all-new Civic Type R, which has been engineered to deliver the most rewarding drive in the hot hatch segment. The Type R was developed in parallel with the new standard Civic hatchback, with mutual benefits to the dynamics and refinement of both vehicles. Type R will feature Honda’s latest 2.0-litre VTEC TURBO petrol engine.

Production of the new Civic Type R will start in summer 2017 at Honda of the UK Manufacturing (HUM) in Swindon, and the car will be exported across Europe and to other markets around the world, including Japan and the US. Its arrival in North America will mark the first time that any Honda-badged Type R has been officially sold there.

Honda will officially unveil the production version of the all-new Civic Type R at 11:30am (CET) on its Geneva Motor Show stand, located in Hall 4.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official: 2018 Civic Type R unveiling at Geneva!!! IMG_8105.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
The Geneva Auto Show begins March 9th. Press days are March 7-8th.

Last edited:

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
This is so exciting! One step closer to becoming a reality. I guess it was not an imaginary talk after all. :D

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000
Country flag
I was hoping it would go into production a little sooner... I guess we won't see a CTR on our shores till September I guess....

Following its world debut in Switzerland, the 2018 Honda Civic Type R will hit the assembly lines at the company's manufacturing site in Swindon this summer. From there, it will be exported across Europe and other markets around the world, including Japan and -the first time ever- in North America.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
March 7th can't come quick enough. Lets hope it hits showrooms a month or two after the production debut.

OP
OP

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I was hoping it would go into production a little sooner... I guess we won't see a CTR on our shores till September I guess....

Following its world debut in Switzerland, the 2018 Honda Civic Type R will hit the assembly lines at the company's manufacturing site in Swindon this summer. From there, it will be exported across Europe and other markets around the world, including Japan and -the first time ever- in North America.
I'm sure we will learn about production and availability at time of unveil. At this point, we know that Swindon has stopped production of the previous generation R and is retooling for the next gen R. It is very possible that the GenX R is already in production, or very close to it. Remember, in order to unveil a production caR, a production line must be in place to produce it. ;)

April-May sale dates have been tossed around many times. With an early March unveil, production, boat ride to our shores...April/May delivery to North America shouldn't be ruled out. -We have also been told by Honda that the North American market will receive the caR first.

If these reports of people placing orders for caR's is actually true, I think we are within 90 days of availability.

Last edited:

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Now that this is old news, how about that Si? ;) I imagine this will steal quite a bit of thunder from the Si, except for those of us following it closely.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like the CTR will go into production come summer, so it will be more like end of summer before we see them at dealerships...
That's for the UK. The US will get it first. Like JYR stated, the US Type R production may have already started.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
Feels so good to be accurate... :headbang: :spaz:

Can't wait...

BA...

OP
OP

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
What I like most about the Honda UK Facebook post are these words:

"The #TypeR is just one of a number of key glimpses into Honda's future at the show. More to follow ..."

To me, this says there are more performance vehicles to come.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I like most about the Honda UK Facebook post are these words:

"The #TypeR is just one of a number of key glimpses into Honda's future at the show. More to follow ..."

To me, this says there are more performance vehicles to come.
I noticed that wording too. Just one of a number of key glimpses. Could they potentially show next gen accord concept? Baby nsx or s2000 replacement concept (car and driver posted an article a few weeks back about a new s2000 type coupe being back in the cards)? Refreshed fit prototype? There's any number of things they could show off along side the CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic EX Coupe/2015 Yamaha FZ-07
This is good information and all but do you think that we'll get any specs from this debut. Im still waiting on info/specs on the Si..
Sponsored