OEM HomeLink Install

MikeJXWT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic EX 5-Dr Hatchback, 1994 Chevy Silverado Full-Size Std Cabin, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Full-Size Quad Cabin, 2004 Toyota Tacoma Std 2-Dr Pick-up, 2017 Toyota Corolla LE, 2017 Nissan Fronteir S King Cab
Country flag
Would love to see pics of this kind of wiring setup for the homelink install!
I will post pictures on Saturday afternoon, unless someone beats me to it. I need to remove the bezel and plastidip it black anyway. As for the Sunglasses Holder, I'd rather not cut into my headliner. I will instead purchase the Sunglass Holder that can be attached where the Driver's lift assist bar is
Sponsored

sniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I will post pictures on Saturday afternoon, unless someone beats me to it. I need to remove the bezel and plastidip it black anyway. As for the Sunglasses Holder, I'd rather not cut into my headliner. I will instead purchase the Sunglass Holder that can be attached where the Driver's lift assist bar is
This is probably a better idea

MikeJXWT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic EX 5-Dr Hatchback, 1994 Chevy Silverado Full-Size Std Cabin, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Full-Size Quad Cabin, 2004 Toyota Tacoma Std 2-Dr Pick-up, 2017 Toyota Corolla LE, 2017 Nissan Fronteir S King Cab
Country flag
Would love to see pics of this kind of wiring setup for the homelink install!
As requested here are some pictures of where and how i tapped into the wires. I had left over T-Taps from a previous project for my boss' Ford so I used it instead of Regular Taps. I used the gray and blue wires from the Wireharness that plugs in behind the Sunroof Buttons (Blue Plug) and the Red and Black wires From the 3-pin Harness for the Map Lights (White Plug).

Also please refer to elvisfan's guide and/or my tips on Double checking if the wiring is the same for your Vehicle.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install IMG_1274.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install IMG_1275.JPG

gharhodes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Thanks for the great write up. I got my homelink part for $40 from an Accord. I went with wiring it to a 12v battery instead of splicing. Works great.

codegirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
Does changing out this part on the 2016 Honda Civic EXL void any warranty?

gharhodes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Does changing out this part on the 2016 Honda Civic EXL void any warranty?
I think it depends on your dealer. IF you splice into the wiring and there is a problem, they MAY not want to pay for it. For that reason, I did not splice into any wiring and just wired it to a battery. To be honest, I almost tapped into the overhead console wiring but found the battery option easier to do overall.

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't you love how the 2017 Accord gets a HomeLink garage door opener yet we're left without?!? I just installed a HomeLink garage door opener on my Sport Touring but I hope this particular one from the Accord will start circulating eBay so others don't have to paint theirs black like I had to do.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install IMG_1275.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install IMG_1275.JPG

cmanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't you love how the 2017 Accord gets a HomeLink garage door opener yet we're left without?!? I just installed a HomeLink garage door opener on my Sport Touring but I hope this particular one from the Accord will start circulating eBay so others don't have to paint theirs black like I had to do.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install 2017-accord-sedan-coupe-ex-int-homelink-1400-1x

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install 2017-accord-sedan-coupe-ex-int-homelink-1400-1x
I don't know might be worth the $150 spend on brand new OEM Graphite Black Homelink bezel and module from online parts retailer no???

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know might be worth the $150 spend on brand new OEM Graphite Black Homelink bezel and module from online parts retailer no???
I've checked on estore.honda.com but I can't find a part number for the black bezel. My guess is that it's still so new that the website hasn't been updated with that color. It depends on how picky you want to be about the color. Mine matched pretty well after I painted it and I paid $80 for it. Give it time and I'm sure we'll find the black one for sale (no telling how much).

cmanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've checked on estore.honda.com but I can't find a part number for the black bezel. My guess is that it's still so new that the website hasn't been updated with that color. It depends on how picky you want to be about the color. Mine matched pretty well after I painted it and I paid $80 for it. Give it time and I'm sure we'll find the black one for sale (no telling how much).
36650-T2A-A11ZH
Color Code NH167L (Graphite Black)

Last edited:

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
36650-T2A-A11ZH
Color Code NH167L (Graphite Black)
Dang! I kinda wish I had seen that before I bought mine lol I would have paid a little for the right part rather than having to paint it! I'd love to know if someones buys it and how it looks!

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Dang! I kinda wish I had seen that before I bought mine lol I would have paid a little for the right part rather than having to paint it! I'd love to know if someones buys it and how it looks!
It's the same color code as the Hatch so I would imagine it matches perfectly.

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any tips on how to paint it?
I honestly took the amateur route to this approach lol I put a piece of tape over the triangle then cut the excess off with a knife. After that I took the mic off the bezel and used some black simi gloss spray paint. I put two thin layers on and gave it plenty of time to dry. It's not a perfect match but it's pretty darn close.

sniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I honestly took the amateur route to this approach lol I put a piece of tape over the triangle then cut the excess off with a knife. After that I took the mic off the bezel and used some black simi gloss spray paint. I put two thin layers on and gave it plenty of time to dry. It's not a perfect match but it's pretty darn close.
I'm wondering how to retain the white/illuminated dots on the buttons.
Sponsored