Now that's it's Official any CIVICX feel regrets or trading theirs in for the Type R?

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sometimes it doesn't hit you until it was officially announced.

When I saw the Type R at the Toronto Auto Show for a second I felt like I should've waited because it was just amazing!!! Bravo Honda, bravo.

Like I said not only it's out of my budget, unless I sell my Murano but time was also a factor, I simply wanted our Nissan Rogue gone didn't want to spend another nickel on it.

This was one of the reasons why I went with the Hatchback and Sport Touring. It's the closest to the Type R.
Sponsored

4doorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
My original plan was to wait for type r. But then I stopped wanting to pay for a expensive cars.
I will be in a state of depression though when it comes out hahaha

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Two different target audience...One is a really comfortable/quiet econobox and the other is a hot hatch. However, I feel the Focus RS and Golf R are better than the Type R, just because AWD.

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
I have regrets. Don't get me wrong I love my EX-L, but I bought it under pressure because my Daughter was getting my daily driver for her birthday and I had to find something. I didn't really believe the CTR sale date rumors and thought it might drag out for a few years. If I had known that I could get one in less than a year I may have just went back to driving the A6 daily as it is reliable, fast, and owned with cash, but I didn't want to drive it for two years. Now I am trying to find a justification to trade up into what will for sure be the last ICE car I will own.

AIBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no regrets! the type R is super cool but I'm positive my insurance rates would skyrocket and the mpg would probably take a hit too. BUT IT IS REALLY COOL.

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might go for it and trade one mustang in, will need to test drive.

OP
OP
bembol

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might go for it and trade one mustang in, will need to test drive.
Not sure if Nissan was BS but I was told there wasn't any 370Z available to test drive. I was considering it a few years ago before my Murano but at $46k+ CAN I couldn't do it.

I would be surprised if they allow it for the Type R.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually glad that I got my sedan now. Looking at the CTR only gave me a series of modification ideas for my sedan and MT was never my taste to begin with. Because honestly, the limited number of inventory, the likely mark up of the price, the high insurance rate and the fact that I'll probably never be legally be able to drive the car to its fullest potential (because I don't plan to visit a track anytime soon) made me shake my head at the CTR.

The only thing that I DO like about the CTR is the seats & seatbelts. That's about it.

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow it's 35 grand and 300 HP not 65 grand with 650 HP

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the non-AWD is going to be a turnoff for all ppl considering the CTR especially during winter months.
Mine is a commuter car but love the look of the hatch sport so it's perfect. Bumping up the hp above 200 would be nice tho. Hondata maybe?

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
I think the non-AWD is going to be a turnoff for all ppl considering the CTR especially during winter months.
Mine is a commuter car but love the look of the hatch sport so it's perfect. Bumping up the hp above 200 would be nice tho. Hondata maybe?
AWD doesn't help THAT much more in snow over FWD... You just have power going to 4 tires, instead of 2.
AWD helps you go FORWARD... thats it!
Braking, you still have the same amount of rubber hitting asphalt.

Plus the vortex generators combined with the rear spolier will make the 2 rear tires stick to the ground on the CTR.
Sponsored