Nothing on the Si in Geneva?

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Haven't seen any mentions in the CTR forum, and it's probably unlikely that there's any new info on the Si, but just thought I'd ask anyway, just in case... :)
Sponsored

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
Haven't seen any mentions in the CTR forum, and it's probably unlikely that there's any new info on the Si, but just thought I'd ask anyway, just in case... :)
Don't think so since the Si is going to be a US only model.

I'm guessing you won't see anything until the New York show in April.

OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
since the Si is going to be a US only model.
Oops, that's a great point; haven't thought about that...

Just thought maybe there was some behind-the-scenes chatter someone might have overheard. But yeah, not likely at all

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It is odd that we got CTR specs ahead of the Si. Despite the Si planned for launch ahead of the CTR.

Granted, the Si project was reported to be behind schedule for a while.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Honda forgot about the Si a while back... I think when their marketing team in India gets back from vacation they might release some information... but as other said we have to wait for NY... they will probably forget to include key details like HP and pricing though and likely show us a car in a colour that might not make it to production with the rear tires spinning. Presented by a guy in jeans.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
It is odd that we got CTR specs ahead of the Si. Despite the Si planned for launch ahead of the CTR.
I don't know man - they're saying the TypeR will be available late spring. That's sometime in the next 102 days, so unless they're keeping the Si a secret until they're on the trucks for delivery, they're going to give us the TypeR first.
Someone in Honda is quoted as saying the US-bound TypeR's are going into production this week. Not sure where we are with the Si's.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
The only instance that I am finding where the Si was available right after the press release, was for the 2014 refresh, where it stated that it would be available the day after. This was a March timeframe, whereas the original 9th gen. Si was officially released at the NYIAS in 2011 (2012 model year)

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't know man - they're saying the TypeR will be available late spring. That's sometime in the next 102 days, so unless they're keeping the Si a secret until they're on the trucks for delivery, they're going to give us the TypeR first.
Someone in Honda is quoted as saying the US-bound TypeR's are going into production this week. Not sure where we are with the Si's.
Several sources reported that the Si started preproduction in early February. Based on the release dates, I'm thinking it will hit the lots in late April or early May; which is right in line with their 18 month window.

I do think the Si Sedan will debut after the CTR though...

OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
they will probably forget to include key details like HP and pricing though and likely show us a car in a colour that might not make it to production with the rear tires spinning.
:D too funny
Sponsored