Noise at startup fix !!

tootsieone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer, 2012 VW Jetta TDI
Country flag
Today the dealer replaced something related to the CVT / throttle body on our 2017 Civic Hatchback. So far it seems as if the occasional grinding noise on startup (when warm) has stopped ! Let's hope this fix holds up !! Parts were $400 labor $200 (covered under warranty of course). There is a TSB out from Honda.
Sponsored

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today the dealer replaced something related to the CVT / throttle body on our 2017 Civic Hatchback. So far it seems as if the occasional grinding noise on startup (when warm) has stopped ! Let's hope this fix holds up !! Parts were $400 labor $200 (covered under warranty of course). There is a TSB out from Honda.
Do you know what they had exactly done to the vehicle? Did they have to drop the transmission? Open it up? I don't know if I can trust any mechanic for a job like so.

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
guys...this has been an ongoing complaint for almost a year now. there are multiple threads on this. Honda just released a TSB over a week ago, some, including myself have already had the repair and so far the issue has been resolved. They are replacing the lower valve body in the CVT, due to a part vibrating internally. So you are getting a fluid change as well.

l3randonf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevrolet 1500, 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
guys...this has been an ongoing complaint for almost a year now. there are multiple threads on this. Honda just released a TSB over a week ago, some, including myself have already had the repair and so far the issue has been resolved. They are replacing the lower valve body in the CVT, due to a part vibrating internally. So you are getting a fluid change as well.
I just bought a 2017 sport hatch but it is still sitting on the dealer lot. Should I call them about this before I pick it up and drive it off the lot? Is this an issue that every single owner is going to have?

Upon reading the definition of a TSB, I guess I have to wait and see if I have the issue first.

"Dealers often will not provide a preventive repair just because a problem described in a TSB might happen to your car. They'll usually want to observe symptoms that the problem is already affecting your car."

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
THe TSb is for all 2016 and certain 2017. But yes they must hear it before doing the TSB. My dealer never heard it but I complained enough that as soon as the TSB came out, they just replaced part. ITs now fixed

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
THe TSb is for all 2016 and certain 2017. But yes they must hear it before doing the TSB. My dealer never heard it but I complained enough that as soon as the TSB came out, they just replaced part. ITs now fixed
what's up man i've been complaing about this crap for over a year now.... so they replace the transmission fluid as well??? good thing the tsb came out now cus i'm almost at 30k miles and by then i have to get it replaced so i guess i'm gonna do it for free