STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
http://www.civicx.com/threads/variable-intermittent-wiper.3233/

You would need to run a wire from pin 10 on the wiper switch to pin "E21" on the body control module...wherever that is lol
So... I need to hit the wiper stick upwards everytime I want to clear my windshield if it's not raining hard enough to turn wipers on setting 1. LMFAO.
I can see both sides of wanting and not wanting the feature. If it were easier to add I would, but yeah i'll just slap my stick around a bit. :rofl:
Sponsored

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
I recently put rain X on my windshield. Works great. I have been using it since it first came out in the 70's.

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
Yo dont have to use your wipers as much. Fun to watch the water zip off the windshield.
Also try the RainX washer fluid that they sell. It is orange and automatically treats the windshield.

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also try the RainX washer fluid that they sell. It is orange and automatically treats the windshield.
Nice, I've used the RainX on the windshield before, never knew they had washer fluid as well.

...although with the lowly 1" of snow we've had this year, I dunno if I'll need it... :(

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use RainX washer fluid, RainX window treatment, and RainX wipers. Apparently the wipers somehow *allegedly* adds product to the windshield with each wipe. IDK how, IDK if it's true because I can't prove it, but they say it does, and it seems like it does. Then again I apply the regular product once a month lol. The combo of all 3 works beastly. If I drive 40MPH or faster, the water beads up and slides right off so quickly that I literally do not need wipers, even in a rain storm.

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
I use RainX washer fluid, RainX window treatment, and RainX wipers. Apparently the wipers somehow *allegedly* adds product to the windshield with each wipe. IDK how, IDK if it's true because I can't prove it, but they say it does, and it seems like it does. Then again I apply the regular product once a month lol. The combo of all 3 works beastly. If I drive 40MPH or faster, the water beads up and slides right off so quickly that I literally do not need wipers, even in a rain storm.
Yup - I drive with no wipers on when above 40 or so - the water just beads up.

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup - I drive with no wipers on when above 40 or so - the water just beads up.
I also like the fact that with the wipers off at highway speed, you don't have the winds whip the wipers around. I used to hate that before I did this.
Going 65mph the wind would catch the wiper halfway in swing and it would move faster or chatter or all sorts of aggravation.
It could be all in my head, but I feel like ice does not form and stick as hard to the windshield with RainX on also.
I've started using it on my side windows recently to test that theory, but it has only iced once in the past 2 weeks here on windows to tell. Otherwise only snow.
I can say so far both cleared well, but I don't want to say one way or the other quite yet.
Sponsored