NO FRONT DEALER PLATE INSTALLED ON OUR CTRs PLEASE!!!!!

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Wait...I'm kind of lost at what you're saying here. So the CTRs destined for the US come from the factory with holes already for the front license plate? Or, are you saying some states have lax laws stating that cars that do not come with holes in the front bumper do not have to display a front license plate? Or, are you saying both? I don't think I've ever seen a car that was drilled from the factory...I've seen indents to drill holes into the front bumper but that's it.

That's correct. Just like the one on STI's. Not really a hole but you just need to poke it . New STIs have them and you have to put it on. Car like alfa romeo giulia you don't need one.
Sponsored

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
No Front license plates for me. I plan on buying that retractable license plate system. ;) Forgot what it's called so no flaming..haha

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
Front plate has it's benefits . Like the huge bumper protector thing Newyorker use . It saves you lot of money for paint jobs.
yeah but theirs better ways to put it on the car then drilling right into the bumper to do it

sti_Q

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrx sti limited
You can have the dealer predrill for the license in the front bumper. The factory "holes" aren't wide enough from my experience with my sti. I didn't have the dealer drill into my bumper causing more holes, I just use the tow hook on the front and mount the license plate there. Very common.

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
You can have the dealer predrill for the license in the front bumper. The factory "holes" aren't wide enough from my experience with my sti. I didn't have the dealer drill into my bumper causing more holes, I just use the tow hook on the front and mount the license plate there. Very common.
yeah thats the best way tbh

keurocar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I'm gonna try and keep our Type R from getting the bracket mounted.

(Valencia dealer in California)

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I'd be happy if the dealer only mount their plates in the front. Around here, some of them frigging spray paint their names and logo onto the back of your trunk. And I think some of them ask for more money if you don't want them to it.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
I'd be happy if the dealer only mount their plates in the front. Around here, some of them frigging spray paint their names and logo onto the back of your trunk. And I think some of them ask for more money if you don't want them to it.
I would tell them to pay me if they want to advertise on my car, no less then 3k even.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I would tell them to pay me if they want to advertise on my car, no less then 3k even.
Funny now that I look back I've usually seen them on Honda and Toyota cars (haven't pay attention to other imports), but can't say I see them on German cars. I asked them to not do it in my last new Honda and got my wishes.

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
For those paying ADM, just make the price for putting their advertising on your car equal to the ADM price so you're back to msrp. After all, if the car's worth say 10k over sticker then it's clearly a very special car and the advertising must be worth that much. Or even better, hold an auction for the advertising space and ask for non-refundable deposits, then withdraw it and tell them you've decided to keep the space for yourself...

Can't say I've ever had anything painted by a dealer on a car I've bought, and I'd be very unhappy if that happened. Most dealers here just put a decal somewhere such as in the rear window, which is pretty easy to remove.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
For those paying ADM, just make the price for putting their advertising on your car equal to the ADM price so you're back to msrp. After all, if the car's worth say 10k over sticker then it's clearly a very special car and the advertising must be worth that much. Or even better, hold an auction for the advertising space and ask for non-refundable deposits, then withdraw it and tell them you've decided to keep the space for yourself...

Can't say I've ever had anything painted by a dealer on a car I've bought, and I'd be very unhappy if that happened. Most dealers here just put a decal somewhere such as in the rear window, which is pretty easy to remove.

I like the way you think. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
xpimpindistressx

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag

All new cars must have dealer plates on somewhere on the car. Otherwise you be pulled over for fix ticket real quick here in Cali

Your idea is great but too bad DMV cares less

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
All new cars must have dealer plates on somewhere on the car. Otherwise you be pulled over for fix ticket real quick here in Cali

Your idea is great but too bad DMV cares less
I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying, as I can't see how this has anything to with the DMV. I was talking about a dealer putting something on the car to advertise themselves (e.g. "Joe Bloggs for all your Honda car needs"), which certainly isn't compulsory here in the UK and that's a real bummer if it is legally required in Cali. The part about ADM was a joke, after all the horror stories we've been hearing about dealers doing those sorts of things when selling the car I was suggesting turning the tables and doing the same thing back to the dealer if they want to use your car to advertise their business.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For states that require a front plate... are the dealers lawfully obligated to have the front plate on (thus have to drill holes) before allowing the customer to drive it off the lot?
Sponsored