NO FRONT DEALER PLATE INSTALLED ON OUR CTRs PLEASE!!!!!

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
  • Banned
Dealerships are notorious for installing Front License Plate Brackets right when it hits the lot.

Unless you want 2 holes drilled into your bumper, I suggest you tell your dealership to just hand you the front plate bracket and you will do it yourself!
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
AGREED!
Especially important if you live in a no-front-plate state but buy your car from a front-plate-state!!!!!

SpootyWeasel

First Name
Alma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Del Sol Si
I'm in a front plate state and it makes me sad.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Will the Type Rs have a place for a front mount tow hook? I wanted to do a front mount tow hook plate holder but it doesn't look like this generation of Civics have a place for that?

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ohio is a front license plate state. I told the dealer to leave it in the trunk. I did not want one installed. I have not had a plate on any of my cars for 12 years or more. I have not a problem. Keep in mind, it does give an officer PC (probably cause).

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Well. All CTR came with pre-drilled bumper . I remember someone told me if the car didn't came with holes, you don't have to use it. Forgot which state, sort of like a rich people law.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
My dealer did this to my brand new si. I asked them why the hell did you drill two holes through the bumper to put your advertising on the car? they said I know we get lots of complaints about that... um so why keep doing it? Im in no front plate state. And with so many front plate states why does not Honda make a non invasive plate holder like so many other makers have?

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Well. All CTR came with pre-drilled bumper . I remember someone told me if the car didn't came with holes, you don't have to use it. Forgot which state, sort of like a rich people law.
Wait...I'm kind of lost at what you're saying here. So the CTRs destined for the US come from the factory with holes already for the front license plate? Or, are you saying some states have lax laws stating that cars that do not come with holes in the front bumper do not have to display a front license plate? Or, are you saying both? I don't think I've ever seen a car that was drilled from the factory...I've seen indents to drill holes into the front bumper but that's it.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Does Mass use front plates?!?
I'm pretty sure when you get yours, it will be a paper taped in the back window or maybe a card stock plate mounted to the rear location.

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
Dealerships are notorious for installing Front License Plate Brackets right when it hits the lot.

Unless you want 2 holes drilled into your bumper, I suggest you tell your dealership to just hand you the front plate bracket and you will do it yourself!
Thank goodness I'm in a no front plate state!!! <33 id have to hurt someone that drilled into my bumper lol
Sponsored