Nissan Sentra SR Turbo

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welp, it looks like the new Civic 1.5 turbo is going to get some competition from Nissan...

The 2017 Sentra SR Turbo Is Not The Cheap, Fun Nissan You Asked For

Honda Civic 10th gen Nissan Sentra SR Turbo brn0nxfaafcjy5witjfi

It's going to have a 1.6L turbo churning 188 ponies and 177 lb-ft of torque. Yes, it's a little more than the Civic but honestly it's probably a wash.

Based on my drive of a rental Sentra. I can't say Honda has much to worry about. The new Sentra will take a few sales away I'm sure but it's like putting lipstick on a pig, IMO.

It'll be fun to see the comparos!
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still doesn't look as good as the Civic!

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
The Civic still has a way bigger fan base so i am pretty sure the civic will still come out on top. I currently own a Juke Nismo with the 1.6t and being that my juke is about 200lbs more than a sentra and still does a 0-60 in 7.4 quarter mile in 15.8 compared to the civic 1.5t at 7.2 and 15.5(motortrend) i think the sentra with this engine would give some good competition as long as its priced right. My sister has the 1.5t civic and im really impressed on how quick, responsive, and agile it is. It will def be fun to see the comparo of sentra vs civic when that time comes. I predict the sentra will be faster by a hair but will lack refinement compared to the civic. There are jukes out there with simple mods that are running 240+hp and 230+hp so that engine can handle a nice bump for those interested in modifying.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...still doesn't change the fact that Nissan's building upon mediocrity. They should have just overhauled the entire platform, *then* spend the time and effort adding a sportier model. Not the other way around.

...and you'd still live with an interior that looks great for 2008.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...still doesn't change the fact that Nissan's building upon mediocrity. They should have just overhauled the entire platform, *then* spend the time and effort adding a sportier model. Not the other way around.

Drove a rental Sentra recently and yeah compared to this generation Civic, the Sentra's interior is noticeably inferior in every way.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs

Def agree with you. That's why I said the sentra might be faster by a hair but it will lose in every department. Im pretty sure they will release a nismo version with the same spec numbers as the nismo juke rs (215hp) but Nissan needs a complete overhaul if they want to be in the game. I would still choose the civic 1.5t over the sentra, but still great to see nissan do something with sentra, at least they can move ahead of the corolla lol