New member...Sonic Grey Pearl Hatchback Sport....questions for some mods...

mile2424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Hello All,

Just introducing myself. Just picked up a Sonic Grey Pearl Hatchback Sport yesterday for my new commuter car.

Does anyone know if I can buy the LED headlights from the Sport Touring model and retrofit them in my normal Sport model?

Does anyone know of companies making exhaust's yet for these cars? Are any companies still covered under warranty?

Looking forward to hearing from the community. Thanks
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Congrats on the new Civic

to answer your questions:

I don't even know if parts are available yet since it's a new car still and the Sport Touring doesn't come out until next month.

There's no aftermarket exhausts made but be on the lookout.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I want to swap out my headlights to the LED ones as well. I'd think any headlights from any touring model should work, since I don't see why the connections or the form factor may be different. Hopefully someone will be bold enough to do the swap(either on sedan or coupe as well) because I'm not good at electrical stuffs.

OP
OP

mile2424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the replies. Yeah I wasn't sure if the LED's required some additional hard wiring or electronics from the factory. Hopefully it will be a clean plug and play swap if possible.

Gili Greg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle

OP
OP

mile2424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awesome thanks for the link.

Last edited:

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thanks for the replies. Yeah I wasn't sure if the LED's required some additional hard wiring or electronics from the factory. Hopefully it will be a clean plug and play swap if possible.
I highly doubt it'll be plug and play. But I'm sure with some wiring magic they'll work.

OP
OP

mile2424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I contact the place in the link above and they aren't sure the lights will work.

On another note, does anyone know if roof racks will work on the hatch?

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
They are not plug and play, different wiring and harness and if you look at the OE exhaust it looks as good as most aftermarket ones, I'm leaving mine until I can get the TypeR axle back with 3 pipes......

OP
OP

mile2424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya I like the look of the exhaust, one of the main reason I got the sport, but wasn't sure if I could find some different titanium tips or something, or an exhaust to get a little more sound out of it.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Honda Civic 10th gen New member...Sonic Grey Pearl Hatchback Sport....questions for some mods... Capture.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen New member...Sonic Grey Pearl Hatchback Sport....questions for some mods... Capture2.JPG

LOL Good luck boys

You can clearly see how the LED headlight assembly has less connectors in general because one connector takes care of low,high and turn signals. So before you say "I'll just splice some wires and make some extra connectors, good luck programming it to find out which ones for signals, lows or highs. Before you know it, you're buying the whole wiring harness here which probably isn't worth anyone's time to install, the headlights themselves which cost a fortune, and you were probably better off getting the Touring model anyway.

I've seen this topic come up at least once a month. It gets shot down... EVERY TIME.

OP
OP

mile2424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
interesting, figured it wouldn't be easy but had to ask. Hopefully someone makes a wiring harness adapter kit or something eventually.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag