New Honda side skirts???

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Is it me or are these different skirts know on the civic. I know the hfp badge now shows on them. They look different know then before?????? And yes it let me add splash guards ???:hmm:

Honda Civic 10th gen New Honda side skirts??? Screenshot_20170716-190422

Honda Civic 10th gen New Honda side skirts??? Screenshot_20170716-183316

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
That does look new! I just put the side skirts on the website but then when I tried adding the splash guards it said I had to take the side skirts off.

OP
OP
KnoxTn17Si

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
That does look new! I just put the side skirts on the website but then when I tried adding the splash guards it said I had to take the side skirts off.
Yeah weird, I did it two different times and it didn't tell me that. When the SI was first able to be built on Honda site, it wouldn't let me add both. It did those two times. :hmm:

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Yeah weird, I did it two different times and it didn't tell me that. When the SI was first able to be built on Honda site, it wouldn't let me add both. It did those two times. :hmm:
Man the sideskirt with the HFP logo looks really nice! I wonder how it'd look like in person. Now they need to let us purchase the black
'19 HFP wheels!!!

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Yes the side skirts look awesome. They look so good that they almost change my mind about the Sedan looking better than the Coupe. Not that they don't look awesome on the Sedan too. It's just the proportion thing that bugged me about the Coupe is kinda fixed with the side skirts.

For some reason I didn't pay enough attention to the website when I was shopping and deciding between the Coupe and the Sedan. With the Side Skirts I might have chosen the Coupe.

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
The normal (4door) Civic Si uses TBF parts numbers. Which on splash guards, means it's the same front splash guards as normal (4 door) Civics (TBA) but the rear has a special shape of splash guard to match the black lower garnish shape on the bumper. The HFP shape looks different from the normal Civic Si shape in the front and would not match the front splash guard shape, so it wouldn't fit how Honda intends them to.

Normal 4 door Civic Si splash guards: 08p00-TBF-100
Normal 2 door Civic Si splash guards: 08p00-TBJ-100
HFP splash guards probably don't exist, or they are not updated in Honda's system yet.

HFP Side Emblems: 08F20-TS9-100A for 2017 Civic Si 2 door and 4door, as well as 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport. Same HFP emblems used on 2013-2017 Accords.

OP
OP
KnoxTn17Si

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
The normal (4door) Civic Si uses TBF parts numbers. Which on splash guards, means it's the same front splash guards as normal (4 door) Civics (TBA) but the rear has a special shape of splash guard to match the black lower garnish shape on the bumper. The HFP shape looks different from the normal Civic Si shape in the front and would not match the front splash guard shape, so it wouldn't fit how Honda intends them to.

Normal 4 door Civic Si splash guards: 08p00-TBF-100
Normal 2 door Civic Si splash guards: 08p00-TBJ-100
HFP splash guards probably don't exist, or they are not updated in Honda's system yet.

HFP Side Emblems: 08F20-TS9-100A for 2017 Civic Si 2 door and 4door, as well as 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport. Same HFP emblems used on 2013-2017 Accords.

Last edited:

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
The side skirts you add on the Honda website now, look different then the side skirts you add when the si was first buildable on Honda's build site.
I saw that in the first post, the shape appears to be different. It seems odd that on the parts side nothing has been updated. I am thinking Honda doesn't expect HFP customers to want Splash Guards covering their HFP parts. Honda's history has been that you can't add splash guards on "Sport"/aero models as it interferes with the side skirt shape. It would seem odd that this new shape (apparently a HFP part) would have a splash guard ever designed for it. It's odd that Honda let you add splash guards when building it.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw that in the first post, the shape appears to be different. It seems odd that on the parts side nothing has been updated. I am thinking Honda doesn't expect HFP customers to want Splash Guards covering their HFP parts. Honda's history has been that you can't add splash guards on "Sport"/aero models as it interferes with the side skirt shape. It would seem odd that this new shape (apparently a HFP part) would have a splash guard ever designed for it. It's odd that Honda let you add splash guards when building it.
That might be a error in their system. because the SI uses the exact same side skirts as the base sedan (part numbers are exactly the same)and you are unable to put splash guards when you include the HFP skirts in the sedan build

Last edited:

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
That might be a error in their system. because the SI uses the exact same side skirts as the sedan (part numbers are exactly the same)and you are unable to put splash guards when you include the HFP skirts in the sedan build
I pretty much agree with Honda having errors recently with these newer Civics (parts wise). The catalog still does not show Splash Guards in the normal Accessory page. It's listed on the Accessory Install Time PDF with all the part numbers. I'm guessing that next month's update will fix a bunch of oddities.
And yes the side skirts are the exact same parts on Si vs. their normal Civic equivalent in door count. The same is true with the accessory side skirts "spoiler, side underbody". I personally feel a little disappointed that the Si has the same "aero" part as a basic Civic. I feel like it should have something like the "Sport" model's side skirt design. Probably not that drastic/dramatic, but a design that appears a little bit more attention was given to it.

M1K3_V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civicc Si; 2016 Harley Davidson 48
Country flag
Here are some side shots with different angles so you guys get an idea of what it looks like on an actual cars. Also I added the "turbo" decal that comes on the Canadian Si's since it doesn't on the US market Si's.

Enjoy.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Honda side skirts??? IMG_4918.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Honda side skirts??? IMG_4921.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Honda side skirts??? IMG_4932.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Honda side skirts??? IMG_4933.JPG

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are some side shots with different angles so you guys get an idea of what it looks like on an actual cars. Also I added the "turbo" decal that comes on the Canadian Si's since it doesn't on the US market Si's.

Enjoy.

IMG_4918.JPG

IMG_4921.JPG

IMG_4932.JPG

IMG_4933.JPG
That is the biggest Jawa I've ever seen! Also, a friggin' Star Wars mural?! That is fantastic!

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appears to be sedan specific and is a cross between the original OEM side skirt (the front) and the Honda accessory side skirt (in the back).

I like the accessory a bit better to flow the front to the back, but this is decent too. I wonder why the change so shortly after initial release. seems odd.

Also, now I want a giant JAWA mural in my office, awesome background pic!

OP
OP
KnoxTn17Si

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag

Enjoy.

IMG_4918.JPG

IMG_4921.JPG

IMG_4932.JPG

IMG_4933.JPG
Looks good:thumbsup: Is that the oem window visors?