New Here? Introduce Yourself!

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport+Sensing CVT (Canada) 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New to Honda... 4 Mazda's behind me (Precidia, 3Gt, 6 and CX-5)

I've signed for a manual Hatchback Sport (Canadian model) in Quebec, almost 2 weeks ago and all they can find for me is a white model... My favorite colors are in order: 1-Blue Aegan, 2-Rally Red, and maybe... Polished metal.

They say that blue ones will not be available before July and no manual Sport Rally Red have been delivered in my province until now...

Dang! This waiting is killing me!
Sponsored

Hondaspeed17

Hondaspeed17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Coupe
Country flag

I've signed for a manual Hatchback Sport (Canadian model) in Quebec, almost 2 weeks ago and all they can find for me is a white model... My favorite colors are in order: 1-Blue Aegan, 2-Rally Red, and maybe... Polished metal.

They say that blue ones will not be available before July and no manual Sport Rally Red have been delivered in my province until now...

same reason why i ended up with a white 6speed sport touring ...
would have had to wait 3months for a different colour

by the way, congrats on switching from mazda to honda ... nothing wrong with mazdas really ... only that,.. hondas are way better lol :p

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
same reason why i ended up with a white 6speed sport touring ...
would have had to wait 3months for a different colour

by the way, congrats on switching from mazda to honda ... nothing wrong with mazdas really ... only that,.. hondas are way better lol :p

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Speed17! All my Mazda's delivered flawlessly on the reliability and fun to drive side so far, even the dreaded Mazda3 (rusty first gen.). I hope that this new turbo fully loaded with electronic will match the Honda legendary reliability.

This Spring I was on the market for a VW Golf Sportswagen Comfortline, but the 5 speed manual (even if nice reviewed) and the rush of every TDI customers waiting in line to change their cars turned me off. Now I'm also sitting and waiting for my Honda Hatch to arrive, even if the model is available since last november.

I may fall in love with the Polished grey metal if they can get me one soon... but not the white one. My actual CX-5 is white, and even if it's still looking good, I want something else! :)

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase

I waited three months for my local Honda dealer to get my car. After three months, I gave up and found one online, a thousand miles away. Bought it on the phone and got an airline ticket to go pick it up

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I waited three months for my local Honda dealer to get my car. After three months, I gave up and found one online, a thousand miles away. Bought it on the phone and got an airline ticket to go pick it up
It's getting harder and harder to get a good manual transmission choice in North America

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could get the color I want tomorrow if I choose the CVT, but no way! I'm 50-year old and I never rided an automatic except my parents car. Hell! Even my girlfriend own a manual hatch!! :)

Jamief9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Country flag
Hey guys l, I'm not really new here, but for the Hatchback owners with the 6mt, how long did it take you to receive your vin number? I have one on order white, 6mt, interior lighting and counsel lighting. How how long did it take to be delivered?

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
It's getting harder and harder to get a good manual transmission choice in North America
Harder yes, but not impossible yet. I do not do CVT's. Period! But if the day comes there is no manual trans new car B.B.
I could get the color I want tomorrow if I choose the CVT, but no way! I'm 50-year old and I never rided an automatic except my parents car. Hell! Even my girlfriend own a manual hatch!! :)
Patience grasshopper, you will be glad you did! Just say no to CVT's!

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

There was a blue 6 speed Sport hatch in North Bay a couple weeks ago. Might still be there if you want to go for a bit of a drive. Can't remember if it was the touring though.

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There was a blue 6 speed Sport hatch in North Bay a couple weeks ago. Might still be there if you want to go for a bit of a drive. Can't remember if it was the touring though.
I don't know how it work in Ontario, but here, for insurance reasons, only the dealer can go and get the car to destination when the deal is signed... by driving it (too far, I'm buying a new car, dammit!!) or by putting it on a truck (Cost too much for them... they would rather absorb the devaluation of my exchange Mazda and keep me waiting for a couple of month than pay for that kind of transfer from an other province)

Last edited:

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Harder yes, but not impossible yet. I do not do CVT's. Period! But if the day comes there is no manual trans new car B.B.

Patience grasshopper, you will be glad you did! Just say no to CVT's!
My third and last choice would be the Polish Metal one. They are searching for it now. I would rather wait 2-3 months then having a black or white one (no offense mean to any owner here).

CVT is not an option I can assure you. :)

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT
Hi all. New member with a new '17 EX hatchback in lunar silver. Looking forward to reading everything here.
Sponsored