New Here? Introduce Yourself!

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
new memeber here...was on 10th gen but since i saw nothing big was going on there found this place!!!this is the bomb!!!!hahaha
2017 hatch m/t owner here!glad to be with you guys!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! my ride
Sponsored

buzz0489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL 2010 Mustang GT
Just bought my first Honda, always have been an "American Muscle" guy. Literally i have the invoices and tshirts along with the mustang to prove it :doh::headbang: lol. Seriously though always have had a passion for cars. I just got my Civic EXL on Tuesday, and much like i was when i first starting researching the car, i am absolutely blown away by the "bang for your buck" factor here. It was the last 16 on the lot, i paid 20,499 for a vehicle stickered at 24,588. The MSRP is a steal when you compare it to other vehicles in this segment, and the features in those vehicles, i couldnt pass up the deal. Absolutely loving the car and am excited to become part of the Honda culture. Im all for anyone this dedicated and passionate about a brand or vehicles in general. OOORAH
new memeber here...was on 10th gen but since i saw nothing big was going on there found this place!!!this is the bomb!!!!hahaha
2017 hatch m/t owner here!glad to be with you guys!

my ride.jpg
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20170228_174949

RRainman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Lexus GX460, '17 Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
Picked up a 2017 Civic Sedan EX-L a couple of weeks ago (Modern Steel, Gray Leather). I came out of a 2014 Infiniti Q60 IPL Convertible. I'll miss 350 HP, but won't miss the 20 MPG. It was a great car, but too stiff, inconvenient and noisy for my daily commute.

I'm loving the car. I've put over 600 miles on it and am averaging 43 MPG! Plus, the features are unreal at this price point! And when I feel the need for speed, I just hop on my Ducati. ;)

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2007 Odyssey, 2003 Accord EX-V6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Joined a few weeks ago, but just now adding my info on here. First Honda is a 2003 Accord EX V6 sedan. Have 225k miles on it. Recently purchased a 2007 Odyssey with 123k miles and 2017 Rallye Red Civic Hatchback Sport CVT. First CVT. Skeptical at first. However enjoying it as my daily drive. Not seeing Hatchback sports on the road. So enjoying the current novelty of a rare car in my area. Plan on the following mods after a bit: Tune ( still reading comments about hondata and ktune) intercooler, CAI, lowering Springs, possibly rear motor mount, sway bars. Still on the fence for the downpipe. Most likely will do, just down the road. Windows tinted to 20%. First car to tune. Only cosmetic changes to accord.

Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Sedan
Country flag
Hey all! I just bought a 2017 Honda Civic ex-t sedan manual trans and am really liking it so far! (Only under 100 miles haha) I previously owned a 03 is300 and loved that thing to death but it was getting tough to put my car out of commission every time I needed to do some work so instead I'm making that the weekend car instead and the new civic as my dd!

Can't wait to get the Hondata FlashPro and hopefully Mishimoto or GReddy will come out with an exhaust soon! Heard our stock air box is better than CAIs so I have to do more research before I decide on that.

Also wanna throw a 10-12" stealth sub and amp in the trunk as well.

Hope to contribute and receive lots of helpful info and discussions on this forum!

Edit: btw I'm in socal 22k OTD was the price I paid if anyone is wondering

MauiCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic LX - 1967 Cadillac DeVille
Country flag
Hello folks,

I just joined the CivicX forum and have found a ton of useful information so far! Many thanks to all the excellent contributors here.

I have a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray on order with an expected delivery in a few weeks! These things are still really hard to get out here in Hawaii. I've still only seen one Hatch on the road. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be paying MSRP plus the $2,500 dealer markup, which seems to be standard for new models out here.:cool: It is a price I'm willing to pay to have this amazing car that I have been anticipating since the Hatchbacks were first announced. I was originally waiting on the new Si, but I am disappointed they won't have a Hatch option so I decided on this car. However, since doing more research, I've heard of an issue that may change my mind on purchasing this car...

There seems to be a lot of complaints about the "grinding" sound that occurs immediately after a warm start on the 1.5L Turbo and CVT combination, which is what I plan on buying. Touring only comes with a CVT in the US...
It sounds like it could be an issue with the High Pressure Fuel Pump or possibly the VTC Actuator. It also seems like this may be something occurring on most if not all vehicles. Does anyone have a definitive cause for this "characteristic" of the engine?

At this point, this is my main concern that may lead me to DELAY my purchase. What do you think??? Should I still buy? Should I wait until the 2018's come out? Or is this issue really just a characteristic that is NORMAL and should be ignored. Are there any Hatch owner who DO NOT have this problem? Thanks for the help guys!

Aloha,

Bobby

civicxtasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback, 2014 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, 2015 Mazda 2 Sport
Hey everyone! I just purchased a new 2017 Hatchback Sport CVT, WOP. I've been in the forum for a few months and I just want to say thanks for all the info, which has greatly affected my decision to pull the trigger. This is my 3rd civic, my first was a '98 Civic EX which I traded it in for my '07 Civic SI. Wanted to wait for the 10th gen SI but opted to go with the Sport. I love everything about it so far.

I'm planning to do some mods to it soon. Thinking about Hondata but still on the fence due to the confusing dyno results for the CVT. Morimoto HID kit for my lows and yellow LED for my fogs. Also, 20% tint, vinyl roof wrap, smoke side markers and LED bulbs all around.

I look forward to having a good time in this forum!

Here she is...

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! GmZkQNH

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! pOM98IF

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 1dhxroN

oscarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan 1.5T CVT
Hello long time looking at the forum picked up a versiĂłn called in MĂ©xico turbo

The picture when i was in the dealer hehe

Almost 2 months with ir rigth now

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20170303_124317

vonHelms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey everyone, Zac here. Joined these forums as I am looking to upgrade my current 2001 Civic to a brand new 2017 Touring Sedan.

Was hoping that the Si or Type R would get an automatic transmission, but I guess I'll have to stick with the sedan.

Here's to purchasing a new car and joining the 10th Gen club soon!

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone, I am Kaitlyn. I just joined last night, and I am already highly enjoying this site and forum! I purchased my 2017 Hatch Sport on February 6th. Going from a 2003 Honda Element and a 1999 Civic, I have been nothing but jubilant. Comparing to my 1999 Civic, it is amazing how far Honda has come with this model. Not to mention, the Hatch is amazing! Here are some pictures of my new ride!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_1996.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_2158.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! FullSizeRender

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! FullSizeRender (2)

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi I'm Jon. Picked up my 2017 Hatch Sport Touring last week! I've recently joined and can't wait to contribute to the community.
I already started with mods:
Suntek CIR ceramic window tint
Eibach Sportline kit
Eibach Pro Alignment kit
20mm hubcentric spacers

Next I'd like to:
Mount my front plate. Just have to figure out where.
Continue working on stiffening the car with sway/strut bars once Eibach develops them.
Install HIDs for the fog lights.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_1759.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_1846.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_1847.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_1845.JPG

civicxtasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi I'm Jon. Picked up my 2017 Hatch Sport Touring last week! I've recently joined and can't wait to contribute to the community.
Eibach Sportline kit
Eibach Pro Alignment kit
20mm hubcentric spacers

Next I'd like to:
Continue working on stiffening the car with sway/strut bars once Eibach develops them.
IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1846.JPG
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1845.JPG
Is the 1st pic stock suspension? That's a neat looking ride bro! :headbang:

civicxtasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^ And also, what brand is your wheel spacers? Care to share how much and where you got it? Thanks bro!

Xeps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Hey guys I'm Xeps I live in ABQ, NM and I own a black 2017 civic hatch. I just purchased the injen Cai and boomba Bov and clear side markers besides that I'm looking to eventually get the hondata and maybe an exhaust.. I kind of like the sports lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20170302_133821
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20170302_133832

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20170302_133810

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eibach Sportline kit
Eibach Pro Alignment kit
20mm hubcentric spacers

Next I'd like to:
IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1846.JPG
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1845.JPG
Jon, your tint looks great! Especially on the Polished Metal Metallic... Do you mind me asking what % you went with?
Sponsored