New Here? Introduce Yourself!

DetailSector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Camaro Z28
Hello everyone. My name is Jon and I run a detailing business out on Long Island, New York called Detail Sector.

My intentions for joining here are to help answer questions about detailing and share my experience from a professional view.

I'll be browsing the cosmetic section for threads where I can help out. There's a lot of misinformation out there and detailing really isn't as complicated or scarry as some people may think. Technology has come a long way for this industry in the last 10 years.

Sorry, I don't personally have a civic. But here's a photo of an Accord and a Toyota we polished recently.

Can't wait to get to know the crowd!
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20160926_160309
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20160905_091211

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Im new as of today I purchased my first honda a few weeks ago White 2017 civic sport hatchback 2017

Ill be posting some mods over the next couple months

Im wrapping my roof black this weekend and putting yellow vinyl over my fog lights does anyone have a hatch that knows how to remove the black plastic around the fog without removing the bumper ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Honda Civic EX-T
Hello everyone! I'm Jenny from Washington and I just traded my 2015 CBP Civic SE for the 2016 WOP EX-T because i absolutely LOVE the new generation design. Added a couple mods so far, but I currently had a "modaddiction" and are looking to add a lot more minor cosmetic mods. (My sister's bf works in car parts and gets me exceptionally unbeatable prices for mods-cheaper than ebay)

Currently on my car:
25% window tinted all around (front is illegal in my state)
Mugen style door visors (rains too much over here)
Carbon fiber door sills
OEM Honda High Wall Floor Mats (included with purchase)
Red Pedal covers
Interior light strips front & rear
Broadway Clear Mirror

Looking to add:
CF Rear tail eyelids (I just love the look)
Black gloss RS Grill
Red AC knob covers
Gloss black roof vinyl wrap
Rear, front, wheel red JDM badges
CF Door mirror covers
MGP Red Caliper Covers
Turbo Decals from timothyjay (from all the posts I've read so far, they look awesome!)
Red Honda center rim caps
Rear Window Visor (still contemplating if they'll look nice)
Door Mirrors Visor (cause it really does rain too much here, it leaves my mirrors spotty)
Black out the rest of my chrome on windows
interior lights swapped
head light bulbs swapped
CF Wrap silver interior
CF Side marker trim

Luckily for me, I'm a designer so I have edited my car to show how exterior mods would look.
Will post pics in garage when it's done!

Last edited:

spexicola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for about 6 months, and have found a lot of great advice!

I bought a 2016 Touring Sedan in WOP back in April, after looking at the Acura ILX and VWs. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. It's definitely a lot of car for the money, and the interior design is first rate. The rattle in the back deck is annoying, but I've got the sorb Otha ring cushions on the way to fix it.

Cheers!

HabuHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Hello!

I purchased the Hatchback Sport in the polished metal metallic in the middle of December. I love it! I was stuck between the Sport and the EX, but I don't really need the gizmos and gadgets that the EX offers. This is actually my first car with a rear-view camera.

I work in the car business (I'm on of those office girls) so I constantly am checking out car reviews and car news. I had to trade in my previous car and the timing was perfect because the hatches were on the lot.

I put tint immediately after purchase, and I looking into upgrading the speakers (the one thing I believe this trim is lacking). I do not know what else I'll do to it, but I do plan on keeping this car for as long as I can.

I live in Houston, so if there are any meets or clubs I'd love to hear about them!

WildStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 Touring; Passat Variant 2016; Honda CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there! I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil. I have a 2017 Civic Touring, manufactured locally. Glad to be here.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! FullSizeRender 2

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! FullSizeRender

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! FullSizeRender 3

mykcivicx016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2002, Toyota Corolla S 2014, Honda Civic EX-T 2016
My name is Myk... The last time I joined a Civic Forum, I have a brand new 2002 Honda Civic EX coupe( I believe its called 7th gen Civic), stick shift... I love that car, and have it replace by a brande new Toyota Corolla S 2014.... Until I met the 2016 Civic, I should never left Honda... once a Civic owner you will never go back!!! But at that time I am not digging the 2 tier dashboard of the 9th gen Civic! But this 2016 Civic makes me fall in love, with Honda Civic again, 1.5 Turbo... 176 HP 160 of Torque... makes my 2002 Honda Civic 1.7 127HP feels like a MOPED!

Dinzdale40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport, 2004 WRX STi, 1998 Honda Accord 4dr, 1990 Honda Civic Hatch DX
Country flag
Hi, My name is Danny and this is really my wife's car. I've been a honda guy in general, had an s2000 before the Subaru Sti, and still have a few Hondas. Love the new civic hatch since I saw it and am glad the wife agreed to it. She seems to really like it.

JermLloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey CivicX, new guy here. My first car was an 87 CRX, followed by a 94 Civic EX sedan in that almost purple color. Then I had a POS Ford Focus because my company had a deal with the dealership. Then I went back with a 2008 Civic EX sedan in galaxy gray. That one had 215,000 and started leaking oil, so I traded it in a few weeks ago for a 2017 Civic EX Hatchback in Rallye Red. By far my best Civic yet.

organiktsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Dodge D100 slant six, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Hi Everyone, new guy here too...I have never been a honda person at all before this but I can say that the first car I worked on was my dads 81 honda accord sedan so I have some attachment to hondas I suppose. I really liked how not-civic this car looks and honestly thats why I got it. Plus the tech package is amazing for the price. Ive owned a few fords, mostly old trucks but my first car was a Ford Taurus Wagon and my last car was a hot red chevy cruze... and my other current ride is a 74 dodge pickup.

So you could say Im primarily a domestic car enthusiast...I have to say though...this car is the best I have owned yet. Looking forward to owning this car for a good 200,000 miles!
Sponsored