Cru

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EXI 2.0 (GCC spec)
Country flag
Hello folks, my name is Jan. I'm a Belgian (for those who don't know: that's a small country in Western Europe) but living and working in the UAE.
So you can see me cruising in my new Honda Civic between those Ferrari and Lamborghini things on Sheikh Zayed road in Dubai :drive:
It's my first Honda ever and just a great car and lots of value for the money compared to the popular German brands. In Europe Honda has a very good reputation so an easy choice because here it was just the best bang for the bucks. After 2 months and 6k km I haven't faced the minor issue with the car which is great considering the more than toasty temperatures here!
My ride is a GCC spec 2.0 EX, modern steel metallic, CVT, 158 Hp, ... and because of the heavy weather, sand and dust conditions treated with a Diamondbrite in- and outside protection and V-Kool tinted windows.

Already learned a lot on this forum, so I keep on reading and updating ... :thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20170707_184249 Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20170811_204242 Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20170811_204412 Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20170811_204511 Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20170811_204601 Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20170811_204640

Last edited:

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
Hey,
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20170811_204640

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 36379399582_645c92c2e3_k
DSC_0018 by Matthew Rushton, on Flickr
Names Matthew. Long time Honda enthusiast. Former Honda Challenge HC4 racer. Getting back into Hondas with a 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Manual that I just placed a deposit on. Hopefully looking at a mid October arrival. Looking forward to a few modifications and some track days...

Last edited:

TO Turbo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Coupe Touring WOP
Hello folks, my name is Jan. I'm a Belgian (for those who don't know: that's a small country in Western Europe) but living and working in the UAE.
So you can see me cruising in my new Honda Civic between those Ferrari and Lamborghini things on Sheikh Zayed road in Dubai :drive:
It's my first Honda ever and just a great car and lots of value for the money compared to the popular German brands. In Europe Honda has a very good reputation so an easy choice because here it was just the best bang for the bucks. After 2 months and 6k km I haven't faced the minor issue with the car which is great considering the more than toasty temperatures here!
My ride is a GCC spec 2.0 EX, modern steel metallic, CVT, 158 Hp, ... and because of the heavy weather, sand and dust conditions treated with a Diamondbrite in- and outside protection and V-Kool tinted windows.

Already learned a lot on this forum, so I keep on reading and updating ... :thumbsup:

Welcome. Totally unrelated to Honda but we had a pilot in the UAE Airforce and his family renting the house next door for about a year. He was here doing a military masters degree with folks from all over North America. Cool dude.

Reactions: Cru

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good morning CivicX!

Name is Richard and this is my 6th Honda. Live in San Diego. Started with a 95 Accord sedan, 01 Accord Sedan, 03 CBR600r, 99 Civic hatch, 13 Fit Sport and now my White Orchid Pearl Civic Hatch Sport with 6 speed trans.

Took me about 2 months to find my WOP sport with manual trans. Most dealers here in SoCal wanted crazy money for a base/stock car. Some were putting a 4-6k mark up on top of MSRP for a non-type R vehicle...what the heck!?

I had a deposit on a Hatch that was in production until I found the one I bought. Would've waited for the production one, but that dealer wasn't giving me what I want for my Fit in trade value. Needless to say I'm loving the FK7 platform. Super efficient, quiet, comfy, yet sporty and has power when you need it. Only complaint is lack of moon roof and rear arm rest (even though Honda site claims it should hav eone) like our neighbors to the north get even on their low end trims and the option to have a 6 speed on a sport touring would've been nice.

Car already had Red Emblems on it which was interesting.

Already tinted the bumper signals with some left over vinyl I had.

Got tint and husky liner all weather mats lined up. Maybe LED headlights to match the DRL coloring instead of the warm white halogen.

Already put 300 miles on it in the few days of ownership. Got 42+mpg on a trip one way and 39.9 on the way back. Impressive!

Anyways, hope to learn a lot from this Forum.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20170811_093627
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20170811_093640
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20170811_182229_HDR

Wiklundofc

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sport CVT
Hello everyone, name is Kim from Sweden.

Had been looking for a new car to buy for about 6 months before a friend recommended the new Honda Civic to me. Never thought I would buy a Honda but I don't regret it for a second that I did.

Bought the Hatchback Sport trim with CVT for about 250k SEK, which is about $31k. You guys over the pond got it good with sub $30k prices!

Hej!
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20904158_10159205468715187_1381369832_o

ShiftItManual

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, my name is Kai. I live in Iowa now and am originally from Illinois.

This is my second Civic. My first was a black 1996 EX Coupe with a manual transmission. After that I got a 2005 Mazda 3S, also manual. That was getting up there in the miles so I spent the last few years deciding what to replace it with. For a while I thought I was going to get a 15+ WRX but after several test drives I just wasn't a fan of the power delivery of the stock tune. I almost bought a 16 Mazda 6 but I didn't like that I couldn't get a moonroof with a manual transmission. Then I got close to buying a 17 Hyundai Elantra Sport but I never had a chance to test drive a manual and the interior seemed a bit cheap. So as soon as my local dealer received a 17 Si Sedan I scheduled a test drive and finally found my new car.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_0804.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_0805.JPG

Neo3151

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself since there was a thread for it and I browse around quite a bit and hopefully eventually will get more into posting around the boards. I always was a Toyota person, had a few of them, then it was time to get a different vehicle when sinking money into my 1988 Corolla GTS month after month and went car shopping. The girlfriend and me tried different vehicles like the Hyundais and even the Toyotas that were within the range we were looking at, not to mention a couple Chevys and used vehicles because well, why not. Eventually after walking out of a few dealerships we sat down and met in the middle ground since it was her credit and my income that made it happen and we got the 2017 Honda Civic EX-T with the CVT. We mostly got the CVT since she doesn't know how to drive the 6 speed and traffic does get pretty bad down here in Florida around the holidays and driving stick while extremely fun and a passion of mine is not something that I'm afraid to divert from not to mention I still have the Corolla for that so it wasn't a complete loss of passion.

I've put almost 1500 miles on the car so far and it's been a lot of fun to drive, there's still a lot I want to do to it and learn about it and share and make memories with it. I'm one of those people who become emotionally invested in their vehicles as well as financially so it comes with the turf for me. I see a lot of potential in it, even though there would definitely have been more if we did get the 6 speed but overall there's always next time, plus once the girlfriend gets done with school in 10 months she could also take over payments and I can get it at that point time will tell. So anyway, yeah, I like this forum so far and people seem pretty awesome. See you all around and thank you for letting me rant a little about myself. :)

Hmoobgreen

First Name
Samson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic hatchback sport
I been here awhile and never posted in this thread but thought i share how i came into this 10 gen civic family

you can skip to 1:35

I also would recommend to get some sort of dash cam cause this helped with insurance and also made a few bucks of the video unintentionally

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I been here awhile and never posted in this thread but thought i share how i came into this 10 gen civic family

you can skip to 1:35

I also would recommend to get some sort of dash cam cause this helped with insurance and also made a few bucks of the video unintentionally

Damn that sucks. What were you driving?

Subiepanda

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2005 Subaru STI
Country flag
Hi everyone my name is Duy and I'm a new Honda owner. Just recently took delivery of my 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport in Rallye Red. Hope to be able to meet up with some of the 10th Gen Civic community around my way some day.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 36636341185_ab95bc00e6_o

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 36590102936_4dd87af6c8_z

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 36636341345_21fb6c2cb5_z

Blue Ridge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Porsche Boxster, 2003 Subaru Outback Sedan, 2015 Harley Davidson Iron 883
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I'm 23 and live in Virginia. Looking at getting a 2017 or 2018 Civic Si coupe. I just test drove a blue Si today and was very much surprised by the handling and features. These are very good cars for the price in my opinion and I'll be seriously looking at one after I'm able to sell my Porsche Boxster!

loki

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L coupe
Country flag
Hi y'all. 44 years old and in Southern VA. Bought a EX-L coupe in Aegean Blue with the CVT. I have a 65 mile round-trip commute to work so I needed something with decent mpg. I was driving Hyundai Accents (had an 05 and a 10 Accent coupe) so this is a step up. I'll probably eventually throw a couple bolt-ons and a Hondata tune or something but for now it's a fun little car to drive.

loki

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L coupe
Country flag
Hi I'm Rob. The Civic belongs to my wife but she's not the car forum type of person.

It replaces her 2 year old Veloster Turbo
Which did you like better? We have a Hyundai dealership here in town and I was considering a Veloster Turbo (they had none in stock at the time) or the Civic. If you've driven both, which did you think was the better performing car? Thanks.

TO Turbo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Coupe Touring WOP
John,

You definitely made the correct choice. On paper the Veloster should be better - more HP and torque - but it's not. The engine makes a whole lot of noise with not much to show for it and the ride is pointlessly brutal - my point of reference was my '07 GTI on H&R sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks. In comparison the Civic is smooth, composed and feels equally as quick. Interior fit and finish in the Civic is much better as is the tech.

Points in the Veloster's favour are the panoramic sunroof, the hatch, more supportive seats and come winter the heated steering wheel.

All in all, we're very happy with our decision.
Sponsored