New Here? Introduce Yourself!

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport+Sensing CVT (Canada) 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hehehe I am on the same boat as you. Mine is 5% all around and ceramic clear for windshield.
I'm just jealous ´cause there's no way I could tint my police magnet all around like you up here!

First Name
LD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! civic Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! thumbnail_IMG_5734
Been a member here for a while and haven't seen an intro thread or section so thought I'd kick one off (hope it's ok with the mods/admins).

Like the name says, name's Jack and it's nice to meet you all (virtually). Been following the great discussions and info here and have even participated a bit - at least more than I have on forums before.

I'm looking to pick up either a Civic or Accord coupe, depending on how much I like the Civic coupe once it's finally revealed. So far from what I see on the concept I'll be leaning towards the Civic most likely.

Look forward to seeing fellow members introductions!
Hello Jack. I purchased my 2017 touring June 10th after I totaled my 2008 Odyssey. While cruise controlled at 80 mph a deer ran into my driver side headlamp and caused $9K worth of damage. I drive roughly 174 miles a day going back and forth to work and wanted something good on gas and my search brought me to heavily research the 2017 Civic. I was concerned that I wouldn't fit comfortably because I had this impression about how small Civics are. I went for a test drive and I was hooked. I'm 6' tall and I have no issues with the 8 position seating while commuting 3 hours a day. I drive 3am and cruise control 80 mpg and so far I've been averaging a respectable 38.9 mpg and I already have 3,000 miles. If I CC 65 mph I believe I would get over 42 mpg driving the same scenario.

I

Last edited:

StickShiftMyButt

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (grey, sedan), 2018 Honda Civic Type-R (black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
jacob. 2017 civic hatchback ex, blue. 2017 civic si sedan, grey. i'm not a honda fanboy, and i've had much faster cars, but when i got the 2017 hatchback, i was impressed by the power it had for a 40 mpg car, and i needed something reliable and fuel efficient, which is why i traded in a jeep renegade for it. i wanted a second vehicle to have some fun with, but that was also a sedan and had a manual transmission. after doing some research, i came to the conclusion of buying a 2017 si. in order to get heated seats, premium audio, and limited slip differential in the competition, you'd be paying around $30k. and also the fact that it gets 38 mpg hwy is a huge plus. i'm also #8 on an order list for a type-r.

rob3662

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Grand Caravan
Hi everyone,

My name is Robert, we don't have our car yet. It was just built 2 days ago, we put a deposit on it and did the approval for the financing the same day. It will be at our dealer in a little over 2 weeks. It is a Canadian 2017 LX manual sedan.

We sold our 2003 EX coupe two months ago and it never gave us any problems besides user caused problems(autox and bad roads) and problems from 14 years in Atlantic Canada with all the road salt.

But honestly, my old civic didn't influence my choice too much. It is very hard to find a manual car with air conditioning in our area. Most only offer a manual in the base model without air, and we wanted to stay around $20k. We had to choose between a corolla se and the civic. The civic won.

I probably won't be posting too much, all that I will be doing to the car is installing a subwoofer.

Lovic87

First Name
Lovic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Sport CVT '18 GTI SE 6MT
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Recently picked up a '17 Sport for the wife. She came from a Honda family, totalled her '11 Accord last summer and wanted to be "different" and ended up with a '15 WRX that was more fun to me than to her. A few months of commuting 31 miles each way to work, and the WRX was for sale at the same Honda/Acura dealer her parents have been going to since 99.

The Sport Hatch is awesome. I wish it had a few more features, but my wife only complains about the handling compared to the WRX, which I can easily live with and suspension upgrades along with wheels and tires will be a winter project.

Going in for tint and roof vinyl soon, and minor mods here and there mainly for looks and "the wife thinks it's cool" factor since it is her car. Can't wait to spend many more hours on here reading everything!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMAG0156
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMAG0057
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMAG0055
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMAG0039

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMAG0027

Prelude2CivicX

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6 Speed M/T, 2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport, 1997 Lexus SC300
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Recently picked up a '17 Sport for the wife. She came from a Honda family, totalled her '11 Accord last summer and wanted to be "different" and ended up with a '15 WRX that was more fun to me than to her. A few months of commuting 31 miles each way to work, and the WRX was for sale at the same Honda/Acura dealer her parents have been going to since 99.

The Sport Hatch is awesome. I wish it had a few more features, but my wife only complains about the handling compared to the WRX, which I can easily live with and suspension upgrades along with wheels and tires will be a winter project.

Going in for tint and roof vinyl soon, and minor mods here and there mainly for looks and "the wife thinks it's cool" factor since it is her car. Can't wait to spend many more hours on here reading everything!

IMAG0156.jpg
IMAG0057.jpg
IMAG0055.jpg
IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg
Thats a lovely looking white hatch! I originally wanted a hatch but couldnt find a 6 speed anywhere if my life depended on it. Ended up settling for an 2017 EX-T sedan in white orchid pearl. Im a sucker for white cars! Lol.

Lovic87

First Name
Lovic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Sport CVT '18 GTI SE 6MT
Country flag
We both have wanted a white car next, her WRX was white and the requirements for the hatch were "Sport, cvt, white orchard pearl with black/ivory interior". Drove the sales guy mad but they found it and had it shipped from another dealer a couple days later. I'm glad we went with the WOP, it's gorgeous especially clean and in the sunlight.

fenerli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring CVT WOP
Country flag
Hi All,
Another NJ member here...First time in a Honda, love the forum! Looking forward to learning and contributing...

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
Hello,
Picked up my civic hatchback ex-l with navigation and Honda sense.
I'll be using as my daily go get do all runner.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_0495.JPG

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey there, My name is Jairo I joined yesterday but been reading the forum before, I always wanted a Civic since I was a Kid and last year I finally got it, I was buying a Sedan Touring and the day I walked into the dealer to get it they were unloading the one I felt in love with, the Hatchback, the blue/black combination just did it for me, I didn't know I didn't like the chrome until I saw the hatchback. So I turned around to check the Honda website (which I checked the previous day and the Hatch was not there) and I decided it had to be mine, I bought the EX-L Navi because the seller failed to tell me the Sport was coming only 5 months later and that the Type-R was on the way too. So when the Sport came out I almost went to the dealer to trade it in, but then I read about the Si coming, so I waited, the the Si came out and I almost go but then Type-R on the way, so I waited, now the Type-R is here and I want it but I read there are more flavors coming out so I'll just wait, in the meantime my goal is to make my Hatch look like a Type-R as much as I can, badges and all you haters, mainly because, yeah you guessed it is my car and I want to, but also to piss some guys here that I saw on many posts hating about the "wannabes Si's,Type-R's" lol.
So yeah my Hatch will be a wanna be Type-R because at the end of the line is the car that I want but probably will be financial suicide to get it now.
I also have this obsession now to make it color reverse on the inside, since outside is blue dominant and black, I want the inside to be black dominant and blue.
Oh and the mods I will attempt to do I want to make them noninvasive, so basically just for show so that way I don't decrease the value. at least until I decide if I will trade it in or I will keep it, if I keep it the I will mod the F*%& out of it :)

So without further ado here's Hatchy. Yeah I know what an obvious name. :p
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! Photo Feb 05, 4 42 08 PM
Sponsored