CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
Whats going on everybody? Been lurking for the last few days as I am currently looking for something to replace my soon to be lemon Chrysler 200. I took a brief test drive of a Sonic Gray Si Coupe the other day and really liked it overall. It was wet so I didnt much of a chance to get on it too hard but I was impressed with the power I could get down and how slick the shifter was. I have a little bit of experience with Honda/Acura having sold the new Acuras(which suck TBH) and extensive seat time in an AP1 S2K and RSX Type S which were awesome cars. Anyways, I have my eyes set on a Civic Si sedan(I have a 6 year old) in either Orchard White or Aegean Blue with the summer tire option. I have a friend that works at a local Honda dealer so I'm pretty positive I can get a good deal on one, just have to wait and get one fresh off the truck before they add their $2800 worth of accessories, crap tint, window etching etc. I think the Si hits a sweet spot between driveability, performance and economy at least for me. I'm considering other cars as well but right now the Si is in the lead.
Sponsored

MyShadow462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
What's up everyone. Just purchased a brand new 2017 Honda Civic Ex 2 weeks ago. Loving this car! I upgraded from a 2008 Honda Civic Ex.

I'm currently looking to add led headlights, fog lights, and some all weather floor mats. If anyone has some info, I would be extremely grateful.

msaldanajr

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hello guys,

My name is Miguel and I barely bought my first car 3 months ago. It is a 2017 Honda Civic EX in the color of modern steel. So far I have been loving it, although at times I do wish I put in the extra money for the EX-T for the extra horsepower since I do a lot of highway driving. Maybe the difference in horsepower isn't even noticable though, I don't know. Great car nonetheless.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_5747.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_5749.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_5746.JPG

msaldanajr

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
What's up everyone. Just purchased a brand new 2017 Honda Civic Ex 2 weeks ago. Loving this car! I upgraded from a 2008 Honda Civic Ex.

I'm currently looking to add led headlights, fog lights, and some all weather floor mats. If anyone has some info, I would be extremely grateful.
What color you get your EX bro? I have one too lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue 2017 Civic LX 2.0 w/ Honda Sensing
The difference between turbo and 2.0 is only noticeable at low revs....after 3k, the 2.0 is super peppy and responsive.

I don't regret it. The turbo one still isn't that fast. Better to save money, get through college/some initial jobs, and then focus on a real sports car.

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase

I put LED low and hi beams in my 2017 EX, what a difference! I highly recommend it!

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
What's up CivicX,

I've been lurking the forums for a bit but I wanted to wait until I actually had a tenth gen to post. My name is Ben and after months of bugging dealerships and waiting, I finally got a hold of a 6 speed Sport HB last night. I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but 6 speeds just don't get ordered by dealerships in So Cal. I do prefer the bare bones models, so no gripes about the lack of amenities with the manual. (BUT DAMN THE FLYWHEEL IS HEAVY!) I wasn't picky about which color I got, but I'm happy to say that I was able to get my hands on a Sonic Gray Pearl. This is the first car I have purchased brand new. I've never had a car with less than 100,000 miles on it, much less 20.

I have no plans to modify this vehicle aside from wheels and some UV tint. I honestly don't like noticeably dark tint and the factory sport wheels are just too stylized for my taste. Look out for my post in the wheel thread when I get them all mounted up (they are 17s :eek:). I've been down the road of modifying daily drivers enough to be smart enough to stay away. I've done the stance lyf. I've done the sell the reasonable daily to put more money into canyon car and tell yourself you can daily drive it. And I've done the take two perfectly working cars and turn them into one track car project that has literally been on jackstands for a year... I'm very ready to have a car that is just unendingly reliable.

I look forward to getting to know you guys. Happy driving!
Just curious how you know what the flywheel weighs???

msaldanajr

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
The difference between turbo and 2.0 is only noticeable at low revs....after 3k, the 2.0 is super peppy and responsive.

I don't regret it. The turbo one still isn't that fast. Better to save money, get through college/some initial jobs, and then focus on a real sports car.
Nice to finally hear someone not hype up the turbo to be more than what it really is. Like seriously, ive seen someone say that it is as fast as any typical V6 car right now... im pretty sure a V6 Mustang or even an Accord can smoke any Civic out... Maybe im just salty though lol. But yeah I agree that 2.0L does feel pretty "sporty" at 3k. Im in the same page with you on someday in the future buying an actual sports car. Cant decided if I would want a muscle car or a luxury sport sedan. I guess I gotta wait to see. I gotta finish college and get a house first though. Those are main priorities. But as an 18 year old trying to get started in life, I feel like any Honda Civic trim is perfect :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice to finally hear someone not hype up the turbo to be more than what it really is. Like seriously, ive seen someone say that it is as fast as any typical V6 car right now... im pretty sure a V6 Mustang or even an Accord can smoke any Civic out... Maybe im just salty though lol. But yeah I agree that 2.0L does feel pretty "sporty" at 3k. Im in the same page with you on someday in the future buying an actual sports car. Cant decided if I would want a muscle car or a luxury sport sedan. I guess I gotta wait to see. I gotta finish college and get a house first though. Those are main priorities. But as an 18 year old trying to get started in life, I feel like any Honda Civic trim is perfect :)
Better to get an apartment though, much cheaper and less off a commitement if things in that area go bad.

I would like a C7 Corvette, or an M2, or TT RS.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, my father owns a BMW 435i which I've driven hard, it's an inline 6 with 300hp/300tq

The turbo is nowhere near as fast as this or a the V6 mustang/ecoboost, it is just a 1.5T.

With the right conditions and 93 octane, it will do max 6.5sec 0-60. This is not slow but its not quick either. Also, whenever I floored it, both the hatchback LX and the Sport, it lost a buf of traction mid-acceleration. The stock tires are pretty mediocre.

My LX has a ton of grip and feels responsive, it only feels slow from a dead stop. It has adaptive cruise control which puts it way above its price point.

bendrich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Impreza HB :'(
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious how you know what the flywheel weighs???
I guess I don't exactly. But it feels heavy: lots of rev hang, engine takes forever to stop spinning after turning the key to off, and it's very smooth on and off throttle for a manual.

bendrich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Impreza HB :'(
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

The turbo isn't for fast, it's for MPGs.