New Footage-3421 Type R Caught Driving

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Actually its more of "R" for "REJECT" or maybe Ridiculously "RICEd" up. The civic type R was known for its performance and puritiy. Unfortunately they rebranded the car for RICERs. The only thing its missing are lambo doors.
I find it hilarious how people today use the word RICE and hate on wings, body kits blah blah. Like it or not all that RICE somehow, some way has contributed to the offerings of today in the Sport Compact world.

And from what I understand almost everything on the TypeR is functional. There's always the Golf R if you want something more "mature".
Sponsored

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Someone in Europe tested the fk2r without the rear wing. The top speed was actually lower without the wing. So, I think it's there with a purpose.
BTW, some fk2r's were able to reach 295 km/h on the tach.

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Every Type R has ALWAYS had a big(er) wing than the Si or GSR or EX-V or NSX (upper end trim Hondas) go back to school pal, your argument isn't very valid to me. Especially this wing being the most functional ever. You sound quite silly to be honest.
I owned a Type R in Japan. People who bought Type R's understood performance they didn't buy a Type R because it had the largest wing among the competition. If you have never driven a car then you will actually believe all the marketing statements they sell you because you will never feel the difference between a car with a wing or not. Honda also claimed those Acura beaks were aerodynamic until they just got laughed at and finally got rid of it. A car's handling will be affected by the suspension setup and how sticky the tires are. Maybe that wing is functional if you attempt to go airborne otherwise its just there to make you look silly buying a $35k car that looks like it got dressed up by Home depot and autozone spare parts.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did feel the difference when I removed the wing on my DC2. Above 60 mph, it felt unstable without the wing. So I put it right back.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you didn't feel the downforce of the wing, you have probably never driven the car on high speed tracks (faster than 60 mph).

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I owned a Type R in Japan. People who bought Type R's understood performance they didn't buy a Type R because it had the largest wing among the competition. If you have never driven a car then you will actually believe all the marketing statements they sell you because you will never feel the difference between a car with a wing or not. Honda also claimed those Acura beaks were aerodynamic until they just got laughed at and finally got rid of it. A car's handling will be affected by the suspension setup and how sticky the tires are. Maybe that wing is functional if you attempt to go airborne otherwise its just there to make you look silly buying a $35k car that looks like it got dressed up by Home depot and autozone spare parts.
The more you talk the more you sound like you literally have no idea what you are talking about. Please stop. Are we supposed to take your word over Honda engineers? The car is not even out yet and you have already with your infinite wisdom determined that the wing is entirely for show and serves absolutely zero purpose. While I do agree when starting from scratch, sticky tires and suspension setup are the first things to be done and probably are the most important when it comes to the handling of a car and track use. Honda put a large wing on the S2000 CR because it was a more track focus version, and one of S2000's biggest problems was how the rear end would get light at higher speeds. It is absurd to suggest that a large rear wing plays no factor in the handling of a car that is meant for the track.

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I find it hilarious how people today use the word RICE and hate on wings, body kits blah blah. Like it or not all that RICE somehow, some way has contributed to the offerings of today in the Sport Compact world.

And from what I understand almost everything on the TypeR is functional. There's always the Golf R if you want something more "mature".
The previous Type Rs were respected among the sport compact community. It didn't matter whether you were a GTI, or a Nismo person there was respect for the Type Rs performance. This is a great car for the die hard fan boy but all the rest are just laughing at it.

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
The more you talk the more you sound like you literally have no idea what you are talking about. Please stop. Are we supposed to take your word over Honda engineers? The car is not even out yet and you have already with your infinite wisdom determined that the wing is entirely for show and serves absolutely zero purpose. While I do agree when starting from scratch, sticky tires and suspension setup are the first things to be done and probably are the most important when it comes to the handling of a car and track use. Honda put a large wing on the S2000 CR because it was a more track focus version, and one of S2000's biggest problems was how the rear end would get light at higher speeds. It is absurd to suggest that a large rear wing plays no factor in the handling of a car that is meant for the track.
Honda engineered those ridiculous beaks too right? There are so many cars in the track that do not have spoilers and they ran very fast. The civic Type R was not meant for the track it was a performance street car. It shifted great, it was light in handled really well. The Type R just like the S2000 was a car you enjoyed to drive everyday because you did not need a track. That typical line "meant for the track" is an excuse for people who don't even go to the tracks. How many people will walk in a car dealership and drop 35k cash for a brand new type r? Other than that your average auto insurance will drop you if you track your car. Most cars I see in the tracks are beater cars.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My fk2r is meant for the track. I like the downforce on the streets too.

ahsanmahmood89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI and Accord Coupe
Country flag
The previous Type Rs were respected among the sport compact community. It didn't matter whether you were a GTI, or a Nismo person there was respect for the Type Rs performance. This is a great car for the die hard fan boy but all the rest are just laughing at it.
Dude your so butthurt over the looks why are you still here commenting on it? Move on.. nobody cares if you don't like the wing.. you don't have to like the car.. but acting like your opinion or statements are valid at this point, just stop. You don't like it, we get it. Stop whining now

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Dude your so butthurt over the looks why are you still here commenting on it? Move on.. nobody cares if you don't like the wing.. you don't have to like the car.. but acting like your opinion or statements are valid at this point, just stop. You don't like it, we get it. Stop whining now
If my opinion never mattered then obviously all the butthurting people like yourself won't be responding right? hahaha

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Downforce at speed...google it.

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda engineered those ridiculous beaks too right? There are so many cars in the track that do not have spoilers and they ran very fast. The civic Type R was not meant for the track it was a performance street car. It shifted great, it was light in handled really well. The Type R just like the S2000 was a car you enjoyed to drive everyday because you did not need a track. That typical line "meant for the track" is an excuse for people who don't even go to the tracks. How many people will walk in a car dealership and drop 35k cash for a brand new type r? Other than that your average auto insurance will drop you if you track your car. Most cars I see in the tracks are beater cars.
You have no idea what you are talking about.... :lol:

http://www.itrca.com/

Honda Civic 10th gen New Footage-3421 Type R Caught Driving IMG_4566.JPG

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Wing function or not... I can tell you with certainty that the ride height and air management under and around the car definitely have impact below 100. It makes the difference in stability in the 120-130 range.

Desolate interstates only.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
Wing function or not... I can tell you with certainty that the ride height and air management under and around the car definitely have impact below 100. It makes the difference in stability in the 120-130 range.

Desolate interstates only.
it makes a difference in stability in normal freeway speeds here in Michigan (70-85 mph) you need to include wind gusts in all of these "real world" determinations. good aero makes a difference on all vehicles for - different effects.

I agree it's more noticeable once you get to higher speeds, but that does not negate the effects at moderate speeds.
Sponsored