New ECU Tuner for the Civic Type R (claims +39 hp)

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
This is the first ECU "tuning" product I know of that is available for the 2017 / 2018 Civic Type R. It's called the Scorcher GT and is made by aFe / Takeda. We have not tested this particular product, but the results look promising. This is a piggy-back ECU system, and not a full blown tuning device that gives you control over detailed parameters. Still, if the claimed power gains and ease of installation are to be believed, then I think this will prove to be a very popular product.

Takeda Scorcher GT ECU Tuner Module

Honda Civic 10th gen New ECU Tuner for the Civic Type R (claims +39 hp) 44442_3157___civic-20type-20r-20scorcher-20gt-20product-

Key Features:
• Adds significant power (39 hp and 62 lb-ft of torque) by altering pressure sensor signals to increase. turbo boost to improve vehicle efficiency, power, and throttle response.
• Uses high quality aluminum extrusion black powder-coated enclosure casing and factory style connectors which requires no modification to your factory harness. These factory style connectors, plugs directly into the stock wiring harness connectors and sensors.
• A LED light switch provides In-Cabin On-The-Fly power adjustments.
• The 4-Power settings are adjustable with one button and the LED light represent the settings: Stock (Green), Sport (Yellow), Sport+ (Orange) and Race (Red).
• 100% tested for proper protection. These modules work amazingly on stock vehicles or ones modified with simple bolt-ons.
• Leaves no trace on ECU (no footprint).

Full product page for more info or to purchase: https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/takeda-scorcher-gt-ecu-tuner-module.html

Honda Civic 10th gen New ECU Tuner for the Civic Type R (claims +39 hp) 44442_3157___civic-20type-20r-20scorcher-20gt-20dyno-

You might be wondering how this is even possible, given that the Type R ECU is fully encrypted and tough to crack. Well, as far as we know, this technology works by intercepting and changing certain key signals (such as boost level) that go to your factory ECU. The Scorcher GT module modifies those signals to essentially trick your ECU into running your turbo at a higher boost level. Essentially, your ECU thinks your vehicle is at a higher elevation (with less dense air) and commands more boost from the turbo. This elevation concept is built into the factory ECU already, so it will adjust other parameters as needed to accommodate the higher boost. Again, we have not tested this product, but I think this is how the system works.

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Sounds like the JB+ module used by Burger Tuning for BMW and Mini. It is a piggyback in the simplest terms. It only goes between thr MAF sensor and the ECU connection, has a potentiometer to adjust how much it skews the reading which in turn effectively increases boost.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like the JB+ module used by Burger Tuning for BMW and Mini. It is a piggyback in the simplest terms. It only goes between thr MAF sensor and the ECU connection, has a potentiometer to adjust how much it skews the reading which in turn effectively increases boost.
Yeah but I think the JB+ units are programmable and can do a lot more than this one. It's nice to have options but this does not seem like a very good value. Hopefully Ktuner and Hondata come to the rescue soon.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Yeah but I think the JB+ units are programmable and can do a lot more than this one. It's nice to have options but this does not seem like a very good value. Hopefully Ktuner and Hondata come to the rescue soon.
The JB+ is not programmable, I own it. I had a 2012 Cooper S and a 2013 Clubman S before my civic. Burger tuning has the better products called JB or JuiceBox.

I also have their Canbus Tool which they had to stop selling because of legal pressure from BMW. That thing can do quite a bit, read codes, clear codes, disable codes, disable O2 sensor, gauge hijacking(can show boost/timing/AFR on giant dash Speedo and LED light fuel gauge), programmable shift lights through the blinker.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The JB+ is not programmable, I own it. I had a 2012 Cooper S and a 2013 Clubman S before my civic. Burger tuning has the better products called JB or JuiceBox.

I also have their Canbus Tool which they had to stop selling because of legal pressure from BMW. That thing can do quite a bit, read codes, clear codes, disable codes, disable O2 sensor, gauge hijacking(can show boost/timing/AFR on giant dash Speedo and LED light fuel gauge), programmable shift lights through the blinker.
Ah, I'm thinking about the JB unit my buddy has on his GTI. Do not know much about them to be honest, I just know his is programmable. Too bad BMW won't let them have their fun.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah, I'm thinking about the JB unit my buddy has on his GTI. Do not know much about them to be honest, I just know his is programmable. Too bad BMW won't let them have their fun.
Yeah they call it plus....but considering the full featured JB units.... Kind of a minus.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
The number 39 HP increase is a bit misleading. The increase in max power is 311-294.
Yes, I think they should have used the term "peak" power and torque, or something along those lines.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag

Not sure if there is more to their post yet or not. But some speculation there might be, at least hoping.
ok i saw this,its for downpipe and mid-pipe not ecu tuning :)

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Spoke with K-Tuned yesterday after seeing that post. They said that they are actually waiting on Hondata to secure a tuning solution. That post they made about developments for next week were referring to some bolt-on parts that they are developing. :/
Sponsored