New Civic Si Coupe. Best way to go about buying a spare tire?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Can't reach the site for some reason but looks like you're referencing these?
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...uously-Variable-Transmission-Wheel-Disk-KA-KL
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...Continuously-Variable-Transmission-Tools-Jack

If that's the case, I don't think that has much to do with the spare tire kit for the Si because it should include the spacers, top cover (to raise the trunk floor) and a bunch of other little things listed here: http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...c-Sedan-SI-6-Speed-Manual-Temporary-Wheel-Kit

If you're suggesting people just get the full-size wheel for spare and a jack to carry in the trunk (with the repair kit and the original floor still in place) -- then there might be some cheaper options to be found elsewhere, and, more importantly, a 'donut' tire is probably a much more practical choice for this option, given how much useful trunk space a full spare would consume.
I think you're right in that the floor/tools add another $250. Here's hoping they make it affordable. :(

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Hey guys,

So I went to estore.honda.com again and tried to order -- and it worked!! (I think... :confused:)

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic Si Coupe. Best way to go about buying a spare tire? upload_2017-7-6_16-56-9

This time I picked the local dealer, instead of just browsing around the main site, but on the page that came up (dealer-specific) there was no entry for the 'Temporary Wheel Kit' like on the main site. That's what turned me off before, I figured it wasn't available, period.

However, this time, after selecting the dealer, I clicked back on the 'Home' link/image and searched for that kit again (on the main site), and this time I saw the big blue 'Add' buttons next to all the items, and was able to add them to the cart and check out!

It's a bit confusing that they took my credit card info but said it would be charged by the dealership when it has processed the order... I'm not sure what'll happen, but there's at least hope now that eventually the dealership will get that shipped to them and I'll be able to go pick it up!

The only email confirmation I got was from the estore.honda.com so far, so we'll see how this goes; I'll post when the situation changes/when I know more.

So far all I've got is this note (at the bottom of that 'order confirmation' email):
Important information:​
    • If you have any questions about this order, please contact your eStore Dealer at (770) 6418807 .
We appreciate your business!

Thank You for Shopping at eStore.​
Keeping fingers crossed... :bow: :)

OP
OP

Mistborn7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys,

So I went to estore.honda.com again and tried to order -- and it worked!! (I think... :confused:)

upload_2017-7-6_16-56-9.png

This time I picked the local dealer, instead of just browsing around the main site, but on the page that came up (dealer-specific) there was no entry for the 'Temporary Wheel Kit' like on the main site. That's what turned me off before, I figured it wasn't available, period.

However, this time, after selecting the dealer, I clicked back on the 'Home' link/image and searched for that kit again (on the main site), and this time I saw the big blue 'Add' buttons next to all the items, and was able to add them to the cart and check out!

It's a bit confusing that they took my credit card info but said it would be charged by the dealership when it has processed the order... I'm not sure what'll happen, but there's at least hope now that eventually the dealership will get that shipped to them and I'll be able to go pick it up!

The only email confirmation I got was from the estore.honda.com so far, so we'll see how this goes; I'll post when the situation changes/when I know more.

So far all I've got is this note (at the bottom of that 'order confirmation' email):

Let me know how this turns out. It didn't even have my in-town dealer on the list, I'd have to go about 1.5 hours away to pick up. No idea why they can't ship it to me.

Darky

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Canadian SI's come with a spare tire..and in the trunk not behind the trunk..:dunno:
and i'm very thankful for that too because I had to use it already thanks to a 3'' long screw in the tread then through the sidewall.

OP
OP

Mistborn7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys,

Also a bit confused, doesn't the "Kit Assy" already have the spare tire?

calebyaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Hey guys,

@dmitri, any update on this purchase? Can you share some pics of what the kit looks like? I'm interested in getting one for mine

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Haven't heard back yet!
Just sent yet another email to the dealer.
:mad:
Got a reply this morning... No go. :(

The spare tire kit you ordered is not available from Honda at this time.
They didn’t post any eta on it…that typically means its going to be a while.

The tire is available whenever you’re ready.
I tried looking for a Canadian version of hondapartsnetwork.com, hondapartsnow.com or a similar parts site that might sell it (and agree to ship to the US), but haven't found anything... Anyone have any idea about a Canadian "Honda parts" website that might have this damn kit?

Last edited:

styxrogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
i gave up and order the rim and tire on Honda E store...cost a fortune... but dont trust Honda roadside assistance.....would suck to be stranded in Dallas/Ft. Worth.....long way to the falls!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
i gave up and order the rim and tire on Honda E store...cost a fortune... but dont trust Honda roadside assistance.....would suck to be stranded in Dallas/Ft. Worth.....long way to the falls!
If I decide to go that route, I'll order a wheel from the likes of College Hill Honda for $275 + $32 shipping + $0 tax = $307 then a tire from Tire Rack for $179 + $10 shipping + $0 tax = $189 for a total of about $496. Buying a wheel through Honda's eStore and a tire locally would cost me about $67 more.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Would be interesting to know how you feel it affecting the trunk's usability, once you get it. To me cost is secondary to having that enormous thing (and a jack) sitting in the trunk all the time... Hell even the donut one I think would be too much. But who knows, maybe I'm overreacting to it...