New ads featuring Si and TypeR focus on Honda Performance Models!

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Anybody else catch that part at the end where the narrator said Truck (Ridgeline), Sedan (Type R ...????), Coupe (Civic coupe)?

I'm under no illusions that they're making a Sedan Type R. But is it still something of a stigma that the concept and admission of hatchbacks are still not marketable in an ad like this?
Sponsored

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Anybody else catch that part at the end where the narrator said Truck (Ridgeline), Sedan (Type R ...????), Coupe (Civic coupe)?

I'm under no illusions that they're making a Sedan Type R. But is it still something of a stigma that the concept and admission of hatchbacks are still not marketable in an ad like this?
I noticed the same thing, thought it was a pretty silly error for them to make in a commercial...

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Almost as silly as the Si reveal video showing a rear wheel burnout. :eek:
At least that one wasn't on television as a commercial for the brand. :( But yes, that was a pretty bad error as well!

Dredogol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Ehh... I'm not sure why we added the off-road RIDGELINE to this commercial.
Should have put more spotlight on the Rally Coupe + Type-R race heritage.
That, and the Type-R at a STOPLIGHT!? ... come on... makes the car look like a city driving car... :banghead:

Our commercials for the past year or so have been so far off TBH...

Actually... all the Hatchback commercials have been bad in the US... Canada's commercial was pretty good TBH.
Sponsored

Last edited: