New ads featuring Si and TypeR focus on Honda Performance Models!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
http://hondanews.com/releases/racing-inspired-brand-campaign-heralds-new-honda-performance-models

May 16, 2017
  • Highly anticipated Civic Type R and Si models make television debut: https://youtu.be/VTFcoh2kj5I
  • Honda's "Racing Spirit" at the heart of its production vehicles
  • Honda has most robust and diverse racing portfolio of any automaker
TORRANCE, Calif. – "Racing at Heart," a new brand campaign linking Honda's incredibly diverse, high-performance motorsports program to production vehicles including the new Civic Type R, arriving in dealerships late spring, makes its television debut today:

The new spot, also titled "Racing at Heart," highlights Honda racing programs including the Verizon IndyCar Series, Red Bull Global Rallycross and desert truck racing – demonstrating how the brand's deep roots in competition inspire the engineering of the Honda vehicles available to its customers.

"Racing at Heart" leads a new Honda brand marketing campaign, with the racing-focused spot starring the Civic Type R, Civic Si and Ridgeline, along with the race cars that inspired such production vehicles. The campaign delivers the message that – from the racetrack to the road – racing is at the heart of every Honda vehicle, starting with its engine. The campaign debuts during the NBA Conference Finals on ABC, and will be showcased during the ABC broadcast of the 2017 Indianapolis 500 on May 28, as well as during '500' qualifying on May 20-21, while also featuring additional broadcast, print, digital and social amplifications.

"Racing is a core part of Honda DNA and for over 60 years the new technologies and challenging spirit we gain on the track translates into the high level of performance in the vehicles we make for our customers," said Susie Rossick, Assistant Vice President, Honda Marketing. "This new Racing at Heart campaign helps celebrate the arrival of the Civic Type R and Si at Honda dealerships nationwide in the coming weeks."

"Racing at Heart" Campaign Extension
The multi-channel "Racing at Heart" campaign will include broadcast television, with the spot airing multiple times on NBC, ABC and ESPN sports programming, including during the NHL Conference Finals, Stanley Cup Finals, NBA Conference Finals (first airing 5/16) and NBA Finals, during Red Bull Global Rallycross race competition, as well as on networks targeting performance-minded viewers such as Comedy Central, Spike TV, FX, among others. From a digital standpoint, www.racewithhonda.com is being overhauled and will serve as the destination hub of the racing campaign.

Honda also is launching a motorsports influencer campaign, taking Honda's long-running "Fastest Seat in Sports" campaign, the long-standing experience that gives a celebrity the chance to go on a two-seat ride leading the start of a Verizon IndyCar Series race with legendary Indy 500 champion driver Mario Andretti – to the next level. Eight different influencers from a variety of backgrounds – from base jumping adrenaline junkies to science buffs like Tory Belleci from "Myth Busters" – will discover their inner racer at heart by helping start an IndyCar Series race riding behind legendary Indy 500 champion driver Mario Andretti in the Honda IndyCar two-seater. For more information on Honda and Honda Racing, visit: www.racewithhonda.com.
Sponsored

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just saw it in prime time after the first quarter of the Warriors/Spurs game 2. I started yelling & my wife thought I was injured.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I was confused by the presence of the Ridgeline until I remembered the Baja 1000 race even though the Baja Ridgeline shares virtually nothing with the production version.

That hasn't kept me from immensely enjoying my Ridgeline, though. It's been the smoothest, quietest, best handling truck-shaped vehicle I've ever driven. Period.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just caught a glimpse of the commercial while tuned in to the Spurs vs Warriors game. It's nice to see Honda marketed in such an exciting way!

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
Cool commercial!

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
HAHAH forza has better graphics than that ad!!! lol shitty imo

Xyrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Honda Prelude
Ridgeline Type R confirmed?
On a serious note, its good to see Honda taking steps to renew their image of being a performance brand.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Ridgeline Type R confirmed?
Haha! :)

The SH-AWD system (marketed as iVTM-4 for Honda) in the current Pilot and Ridgeline is pretty impressive with its ability to overdrive and send torque to the outer, rear wheel. Floor it from a stop and spin the steering wheel and the vehicle just digs in and makes a perfect arc. It's very undramatic and unexciting because there's no tire slippage or squeal - it just goes. No showing off in this vehicle! It's entertaining at times to look in the review mirror and see the RWDers still sitting there smoking one rear tire or sliding around.

I think it would be fun to put a stock Ridgeline against a stock Si just for giggles to see how one of Honda's smaller, lighter vehicles compares against one of their larger, heavier ones.

I think they'd be pretty similar in straight-line acceleration. The Ridgeline does 0-60 in about 6.5 seconds - close to the 9th Civic Si.

The Si has an obvious weight advantage in tight corners and an LSD, but the Ridgeline has a torque-vectoring AWD system that should help offset the added weight to some degree. I think the Si might still pull through a corner faster.

As far as top speed is concerned, the Ridgeline is electronically speed limited to 112 MPH. The 9th Si is limited to about 138 MPH I believe. The Ridgeline's taller gearing would allow higher theoretical speeds, but both vehicles would become drag limited. This might be a close race.

Si has 205 HP and 174 ft-lb torque and weighs 3,002 lbs.
14.6 lbs./HP

Ridgeline has 280 HP and 262 ft-lb torque and weighs 4,431 lbs.
15.8 lbs./HP

Pilot shares Ridgeline's HP and torque and weighs 4,220 lbs.
15.1 lbs./HP

Xyrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Honda Prelude
Haha! :)

The SH-AWD system (marketed as iVTM-4 for Honda) in the current Pilot and Ridgeline is pretty impressive with its ability to overdrive and send torque to the outer, rear wheel. Floor it from a stop and spin the steering wheel and the vehicle just digs in and makes a perfect arc. It's very undramatic and unexciting because there's no tire slippage or squeal - it just goes. No showing off in this vehicle! It's entertaining at times to look in the review mirror and see the RWDers still sitting there smoking one rear tire or sliding around.

I think it would be fun to put a stock Ridgeline against a stock Si just for giggles to see how one of Honda's smaller, lighter vehicles compares against one of their larger, heavier ones.

I think they'd be pretty similar in straight-line acceleration. The Ridgeline does 0-60 in about 6.5 seconds - close to the 9th Civic Si.

The Si has an obvious weight advantage in tight corners and an LSD, but the Ridgeline has a torque-vectoring AWD system that should help offset the added weight to some degree. I think the Si might still pull through a corner faster.

As far as top speed is concerned, the Ridgeline is electronically speed limited to 112 MPH. The 9th Si is limited to about 138 MPH I believe. The Ridgeline's taller gearing would allow higher theoretical speeds, but both vehicles would become drag limited. This might be a close race.

Si has 205 HP and 174 ft-lb torque and weighs 3,002 lbs.
14.6 lbs./HP

Ridgeline has 280 HP and 262 ft-lb torque and weighs 4,431 lbs.
15.8 lbs./HP

Pilot shares Ridgeline's HP and torque and weighs 4,220 lbs.
15.1 lbs./HP
IMO SH-AWD is on par with Audi Quattro in terms of AWD systems. Having had the fortune to drive an Acura TLX v6 with SH-AWD, the turn in is phenominal, if only Acuras didn't weigh so much...
Sponsored