NEED YOUR OPINION, Should I put a decal or stripe kit on my Black EX-L

cFit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L, 2015 Ford Edge Titanium, 2014 Ford Escape Titanium (Winter Car)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just purchased a 2017 EX-L Black (last photo below).
I am getting the windows tinted.

I have a winter car I drive for excess miles it is a Ford Escape, tinted windows and I had a stripe kit added; I think looks good on it. I am curious, I love the way stripes look on certain cars.

Attached is what my Ford Escape Winter Car looks like also with a decal as reference.
Attached are some Porsche pictures as reference.

Example: Porsche Panamera (similar lines to be of the civic or at least in my opinion.)

I WAS planning on getting a small pin stripe, but then I thought why not get something else?
Something different.

My question, should I do this HONDA decal, this is the image from eBay.
I really like it but want your opinion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-honda-si...m2361c0ba6d:m:mCYdF9pR0z_8Ypesn8HRSfQ&vxp=mtr

Honda Civic 10th gen NEED YOUR OPINION, Should I put a decal or stripe kit on my Black EX-L s-l1600

Honda Civic 10th gen NEED YOUR OPINION, Should I put a decal or stripe kit on my Black EX-L IMG_1181.JPG copy

Honda Civic 10th gen NEED YOUR OPINION, Should I put a decal or stripe kit on my Black EX-L ads2027

Honda Civic 10th gen NEED YOUR OPINION, Should I put a decal or stripe kit on my Black EX-L Porsche-Panamera-Classic-Three-Triple-Stripe-Stripe-Decal-Graphic_large

Honda Civic 10th gen NEED YOUR OPINION, Should I put a decal or stripe kit on my Black EX-L IMG_1327 (1)

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the decal, it has a cool 80's retro look to it. personally I'm in favor of anything that adds some self-expression to your car.

And I really don't understand why anyone wants to de-badge their car. Are they embarrassed they bought a Japanese car? Like it isn't obvious anyway?

My only question would be what color would the decal be? Red isn't going to show against the black. Grey like the Porsche wannabe? Or white?

I've got the Canadian style Turbo decal on my red car, and a black pinstripe, it really makes it stand out just a little.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Congrats on the Civic

I'm not a decal/sticker guy myself so I can't give you an opinion

Tbaggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX SI,2017 Sport Hatchback 6 MT
Vehicle Showcase
I think it cheapens the look of the car. I would skip.

rkindel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback, 2010 Mazda MX-5 GT
How about the door side molding strips in Rally Red. Might look good with the black.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it cheapens the look of the car. I would skip.
This.

Having said that, at the end it's YOUR call.

The only decal I would add is Apple. I'm a Steelers fan and the license plate/frame is the furthest I'll go.

Farah487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say sit on it for a bit and really think about it since the car really isn't going anywhere. Plus most people change their minds after a week of wondering if they should do/get a certain thing or not anyways. And if you still want to put the decal on your car then do it man! It's your car! Have fun with it!

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
To me it looks like a combination of cool, but tacky as shit too. Keep in mind, the people who could possibly appreciate this mod probably doesn't give a shit, and the people who will notice it will know it's fake lol

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Ya like to me the pic I posted doesn't look factory or "correct" but I think the car pulls it off. I probably wouldn't do it, but I appreciate people who do different things to there car. And this also to me isn't considered rice, it looks almost factory. Anymore to it, would put it over the edge I think.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is an Abarth stripe with Honda logo, don't. If you really like to have a stripe look for something more "hondish" or a totally new custom design

OP
OP
cFit

cFit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L, 2015 Ford Edge Titanium, 2014 Ford Escape Titanium (Winter Car)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is an Abarth stripe with Honda logo, don't. If you really like to have a stripe look for something more "hondish" or a totally new custom design
WOW, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT.. Very very valuable points... I should have mentioned yes I would need a grey stripe if I did... I agree your right red would not look good on the car... I am coming up with something custom maybe the word turbo with some lines.... I cannot drive a stock car...
I did get some additional designs from the designer.

Honda Civic 10th gen NEED YOUR OPINION, Should I put a decal or stripe kit on my Black EX-L $_12.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen NEED YOUR OPINION, Should I put a decal or stripe kit on my Black EX-L $_12-2.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen NEED YOUR OPINION, Should I put a decal or stripe kit on my Black EX-L $_12-3.JPG

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the second and 3rd pictures.

And while that stripe may currently be Abarth, it's a classic style from the late 70's or early 80's. See: IROC z28, and Monza. I had more than a few Hotwheels with that sort of stripe. :headbang:

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the second a lot. It's Honda style with its wing shape! How about looking into Honda motorbikes for more inspiration?
I am not brave enough to put something like that on my car, so I look at yours to satisfy my designer's curiosity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cFit

cFit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the second a lot. It's Honda style with its wing shape! How about looking into Honda motorbikes for more inspiration?
I am not brave enough to put something like that on my car, so I look at yours to satisfy my designer's curiosity.

turbo is tempting too.....

Honda Civic 10th gen NEED YOUR OPINION, Should I put a decal or stripe kit on my Black EX-L $_12-4.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen NEED YOUR OPINION, Should I put a decal or stripe kit on my Black EX-L $_12-5.JPG