Need help beating an Accord 15 Sports Edition!

Evolution999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me: 2014 Evo X MR, 2014 Nissan 370Z Nimso, For the mrs: 2015 BMW M3 Sedan
Country flag
Hi there friends. I currently own a 2017 Civic EX with a 2.0L Engine and I wanted to be able to outspeed my friends Honda Accord 2015 Sports edition. OEM parts alone I know the accord is faster, but I was wondering what I could do to change this. My thoughts are here:

1. KTuner V1 Reflash
2. CAI

Thats really all I have right now. Please feel free to share your thoughts :)
Please don't waste your money trying to make that car faster. Unless you add a 50 shot of nitrous it will be slow and even with nitrous it will just be less slow. Spend the money on a sound system or wheels
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi there friends. I currently own a 2017 Civic EX with a 2.0L Engine and I wanted to be able to outspeed my friends Honda Accord 2015 Sports edition. OEM parts alone I know the accord is faster, but I was wondering what I could do to change this. My thoughts are here:

1. KTuner V1 Reflash
2. CAI

Buy an Accord 6-6....

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

1. KTuner V1 Reflash
2. CAI

:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

2015 Accord Sport Edition:
OUTPUT: 182 hp @ 6,400 rpm, 182 lb-ft @ 3,900 rpm
CURB WEIGHT: 3,342 lb

2016 Civic 2.0
OUTPUT: 158 hp @ 6,500 rpm, 138 lb-ft @ 4,200 rpm
CURB WEIGHT: 2,751 lb

Well after looking at the basic specs of both cars, it looks like you do have one major advantage over the Accord, and that would be you weight. Almost a 600 lbs difference. but the accords extra +24hp & +44tq would almost close the gap between the weight difference.

The ktuner looks to be your only option for the 2.0 at the moment. It will help you out a little, though I am not sure what the gains are for the 2.0. also I haven’t seen any downpipe/ headers for the 2.0 out yet, so you may have to get yourself a custom fabricated one. And a CAI intake. Then I would get a custom tune from a reputable shop to maximize gains from your bolt ons. I would also find the lightest 15-16in rims you could find and slap those on to eliminate a good 10-15pounds of unsprang weight from your stock wheels to help with acceleration. if you were really serious about winning though. i would remove the passenger seat and rear bench and spare tire.

After all that im pretty sure you can take that accord with a sizable advantage, unless he is running mods also, lol.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh nvm, i just recalculated the power to weight ratio for both cars, ktuner and some light weight rims and your good to go :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Slob

Slob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

2015 Accord Sport Edition:
OUTPUT: 182 hp @ 6,400 rpm, 182 lb-ft @ 3,900 rpm
CURB WEIGHT: 3,342 lb

2016 Civic 2.0
OUTPUT: 158 hp @ 6,500 rpm, 138 lb-ft @ 4,200 rpm
CURB WEIGHT: 2,751 lb

Well after looking at the basic specs of both cars, it looks like you do have one major advantage over the Accord, and that would be you weight. Almost a 600 lbs difference. but the accords extra +24hp & +44tq would almost close the gap between the weight difference.

The ktuner looks to be your only option for the 2.0 at the moment. It will help you out a little, though I am not sure what the gains are for the 2.0. also I haven’t seen any downpipe/ headers for the 2.0 out yet, so you may have to get yourself a custom fabricated one. And a CAI intake. Then I would get a custom tune from a reputable shop to maximize gains from your bolt ons. I would also find the lightest 15-16in rims you could find and slap those on to eliminate a good 10-15pounds of unsprang weight from your stock wheels to help with acceleration. if you were really serious about winning though. i would remove the passenger seat and rear bench and spare tire.

After all that im pretty sure you can take that accord with a sizable advantage, unless he is running mods also, lol.
The accord is a vanilla sports so thats good :beer: but I definitely think I will do the KTuner, but do I still need to get a custom tune if I get it?

OP
OP
Slob

Slob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
oh nvm, i just recalculated the power to weight ratio for both cars, ktuner and some light weight rims and your good to go :thumbsup:
Damn, but what if I don't get the rims? Should the KTuner be sufficient?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, but what if I don't get the rims? Should the KTuner be sufficient?
cant say, but it may be an extremely close race. you may surprise us:thumbsup:
The accord is a vanilla sports so thats good :beer: but I definitely think I will do the KTuner, but do I still need to get a custom tune if I get it?
with no extra bolts on, nah not really. using 91 or 93 octane will maximize benefits from the base map tune though

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
If you're just going to race the guy once next year, try gutting the car as much as you can before the race. Remove the spare tire, the tools, the trunk lining, back seats, passenger seat, floor mats, head unit, speakers, door panels. These are all easy to reinstall. Get lighter wheels, as mentioned. Go on a diet.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're just going to race the guy once next year, try gutting the car as much as you can before the race. Remove the spare tire, the tools, the trunk lining, back seats, passenger seat, floor mats, head unit, speakers, door panels. These are all easy to reinstall. Get lighter wheels, as mentioned. Go on a diet.
Lol :lol: