Need good HID kit recommendations, high and low beam lights.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Hiryuu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37 Coupe
Can't do HIDs on the high beams, reflector headlamp. You can do it on the low beams since they are projector type lamps. I went with http://www.morimotohid.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-h11.html (H11B bulb)
Agreed with this. You get what you pay for with HID kits. I would recommend the Morimoto H11B kit or XenonDepot H11 35W kit. No need for 55W.

I've had several DDM/OPT7/Zenex HID kits die over a short period of time - all cheap Chinese kits with poor customer service and poor warranty. No point doing RMA since they just die again..

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Can't do HIDs on the high beams, reflector headlamp. You can do it on the low beams since they are projector type lamps. I went with http://www.morimotohid.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-h11.html (H11B bulb)
Whaaat? Yes you can do them in the highbeams.. Sure they are reflectors.. And would blind people... But high beams blind people in the first place!!!

Op: a good set would be ddm tuning 5500k to 6500k...

The best set would be what was recommended right here by 1wickedcivic...

However due to the cost i would suggest led's in the highbeam.. However you could do hids...

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
LED lights (especially $25 ebay ones) are just not up to par with HIDs yet.

In the past I have gotten the cheaper ~$50-$75 kits (Kensun, DDM, etc)...they work ok for a year or two.

After reading about different kits for a few hours tonight I decided to go with http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-HID-Kit-Xtreme-HID-p/xt-h11.htm this kit... Phillips bulbs, quality ballast, comes with relay. Its on sale right now too for $130 shipped.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Halogen hi-beams are so good these days. I've never seen a HID stuck in a hi-beam housing that even comes close to the output of Halogens. My hi-beams are so insanely bright already from the factory, I wouldn't dream of replacing them.

I.M.O. Hi-beams are only for giving yourself more light when you need it. No reason to put a "cool white/blue" bulb in it for that.