Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Navigation on dashboard alfAfFQ

Does anyone know how to call this out?
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
That's what the built-in Garmin nav puts up when you're using to navigate and you select the "compass" in the instrument cluster.

It doesn't do it with CarPlay, and I doubt that it'll do it with Android Auto, either.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
That's what the built-in Garmin nav puts up when you're using to navigate and you select the "compass" in the instrument cluster.

It doesn't do it with CarPlay, and I doubt that it'll do it with Android Auto, either.
It always shows it on my display when I'm getting close to where I need to turn (i.e. not just when I have the display on the Compass view).

It does also do it with Android Auto actually, except it doesn't have the little shrinking distance bar like it does when using the factory nav.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
It does also do it with Android Auto actually, except it doesn't have the little shrinking distance bar like it does when using the factory nav.
Shoot. Wish it did it in CarPlay for me. I'd be satisfied with only the arrow and the street name for the turn (like I see on my Apple Watch).

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Shoot. Wish it did it in CarPlay for me. I'd be satisfied with only the arrow and the street name for the turn (like I see on my Apple Watch).
Yeah I'm pretty surprised it doesn't. But the fact that Android Auto does means the Honda API that these apps use exposes that stuff in the display to these apps, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before CarPlay is upgraded to take advantage of that.

Kusoyaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hmm I'll have to investigate that. Nice visual cue

jhaze84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have a Touring and I use Android Auto. For me, the dash display does show the distance meter. What it is missing vs the Garmin is the intersections. e.g. Android Auto will just show a left turn ahead. Garmin will show the left turn overlaid onto gray lines indicating the roads in that intersection.

82801BA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I don't think that will show up on non-Navi US models...I've never seen it appeared before.

The one on the Accord (non-Navi) shows up on upper screen though...Exact same display with what road/freeway/exit number showing.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I have a Touring and I use Android Auto. For me, the dash display does show the distance meter. What it is missing vs the Garmin is the intersections. e.g. Android Auto will just show a left turn ahead. Garmin will show the left turn overlaid onto gray lines indicating the roads in that intersection.
Oh weird - sorry, I knew there was something different between using the two, but I must've misremembered what it was. Aside from checking it out when I first got the car, I never use Android Auto. I find the factory nav to be better.

Kusoyaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Waze is still looking for beta testers for their Android auto integration, they just sent out a fresh round of emails about it

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
I saw this in my friends 2017 EX ... I have a 2016 EX-T and i dont have this feature for android auto.

Fredline

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mazda Miata MX-5
Country flag
I saw this in my friends 2017 EX ... I have a 2016 EX-T and i dont have this feature for android auto.
Strange, I have it in my EX-L when using Android Auto. And I don't have NAV....maybe it's in the settings somewhere.