My new blue.

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
@dmitri I just picked up my sedan yesterday. From what you said its ~600 for the components. Now debating if/when I'm gonna do it :) still getting used to the car (at the detailer getting tint and clear bra thru tomorrow).

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
What did you have to actually yank when the 3 screws are removed. I'm gonna order these and don't wanna break anything.

Like this?

IMG_20170718_131529946.jpg
IMG_20170718_131529946.jpg

IMG_20170718_131512658.jpg

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I used the part numbers that were listed earlier for the coupe. I got the 2 door armrests and the leather console with 2 leather side pieces. I hope it's accurate.

Came to $291 shipped. Door armrests were $24 a piece. Was any of this stuff back ordered for any of y'all?

Thanks, it was super easy.

OP
OP
Chief 08

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
When I ordered the parts they were not backordered. Once the screws are removed use a panel removal tool or Flathead screwdriver (very carefully) to start prying the bottom of the panel off. Once you get a few of the clips released you can start working your way around the panel using your hands to pull it off. If you take your time and do it carefully you shouldn't have any issues

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What "panel" do you remove. The cloth panel piece or the entire door panel or what. Sorry for my dumb question. you said it was easy. Hope it is. Looks to make a huge improvement too.

When I ordered the parts they were not backordered. Once the screws are removed use a panel removal tool or Flathead screwdriver (very carefully) to start prying the bottom of the panel off. Once you get a few of the clips released you can start working your way around the panel using your hands to pull it off. If you take your time and do it carefully you shouldn't have any issues

OP
OP
Chief 08

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Sorry, I should have been more clear, the entire door panel needs to be removed because there are five screws holding on the armrest that are only accessable from the inner side of the panel.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No worries. One more question. I saw some people mention switch panel needs removed or something too. Is that true? Was there other stuff that had to be unplugged removed

And is there a DIY for replacing the center console?

Sorry, I should have been more clear, the entire door panel needs to be removed because there are five screws holding on the armrest that are only accessable from the inner side of the panel.

OP
OP
Chief 08

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
The switch panel does not need to be removed on the Si at least. There are three connectors that need to be unplugged on the driver's side and one on the passenger side. The center console is super easy, the two side pieces just pop off and the center part has two screws at the front of the armrest, once removed, you can just pop that off as well. Although I ordered the center console replacement, the only part I used was the padded leather piece that I just transferred over to my center console.

Honda Civic 10th gen My new blue. Screenshot_20170718-160023
Honda Civic 10th gen My new blue. Screenshot_20170718-160034
Honda Civic 10th gen My new blue. Screenshot_20170718-160046

Last edited:

Darky

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
What did you have to actually yank when the 3 screws are removed. I'm gonna order these and don't wanna break anything.
I guess I shouldn't have suggested to yank on the door panel...I've literally removed hundreds of door panels and kind of have a nack of where and how hard to pull.
I pull them off in 1 swoop...most of the time. Honda's...all of the time

OP
OP
Chief 08

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I guess I shouldn't have suggested to yank on the door panel...I've literally removed hundreds of door panels and kind of have a nack of where and how hard to pull.
I pull them off in 1 swoop...most of the time. Honda's...all of the time
Yeah it seems like you're going to break something but you really won't. Also thanks again for the advice.
Sponsored