My Mpg has been rather poor on my Sport Hatch.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
I deliver stuff in my car...I find when I leave it idling all day while running in and out I will lose as much as 2mpg over the course of the day.

I tried to do some mental math in traffic one time, based on the instant MPG while coasting at 10mph... I think I came up with something like 1 gallon used per 5-6 hours of idling.

You can really start to see how efficient our cars are becoming when you can get better MPG around town than cruising at 70mph!

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Ive ranged from 36mpg a tank to 42mpg a tank.. 42 i redid the math as i was curious.. It was mostly highway driving but temps were below 30 degrees that week. Err 3 weeks.. Anyways my math put me at 40.9 wich was awesome... Cant wait to see what summer does.. I bet i can crack 60mpgs on a all highway week.. What i really wanna know is what sh!t gas my dealer put in it.. I know its always crap when i get my first fill.. But this dealers gas.. Wich i had to drive 200 miles back home to.. Got me 28mpg... And since the car was new i babied it... 90% highway.. Full tank got me 306 miles when the low fuel indicator came on... When i go get my free oil change.. Before i start doing my own.. I almost wanna ask for a fill up from them.. Even if i have to pay a premium.. Just to see if i get the same sh!t mileage

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Ive ranged from 36mpg a tank to 42mpg a tank.. 42 i redid the math as i was curious.. It was mostly highway driving but temps were below 30 degrees that week. Err 3 weeks.. Anyways my math put me at 40.9 wich was awesome... Cant wait to see what summer does.. I bet i can crack 60mpgs on a all highway week.. What i really wanna know is what sh!t gas my dealer put in it.. I know its always crap when i get my first fill.. But this dealers gas.. Wich i had to drive 200 miles back home to.. Got me 28mpg... And since the car was new i babied it... 90% highway.. Full tank got me 306 miles when the low fuel indicator came on... When i go get my free oil change.. Before i start doing my own.. I almost wanna ask for a fill up from them.. Even if i have to pay a premium.. Just to see if i get the same sh!t mileage
Could be just that the gas sat in the car too long, I doubt it'll repeat if you have them fill it.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Could be just that the gas sat in the car too long, I doubt it'll repeat if you have them fill it.
Nope.. If anything it sat in there tank for 2 long.. Drove it a week before and it had a max range of 30 miles on the console.. Dealers do this to keep you from wanting to drive for 3 hours..

rabit1111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Just filled her up today with 416 driven miles and 20 miles left on the range. The warning light came on at 41 miles left. Filled her up with 10.5 gallons. Trip computer was reading 40.0 mpg and my calculation is 416/10.5=39.6 mpg. Based on that, I can push her for at least another 50 miles before fill up.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
I wish I could get the numbers you EX/LX guys are getting. Damn Sport wheels look so good though...

OP
OP
DrGiggleFr1tz

DrGiggleFr1tz

I love me some hatch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I wish I could get the numbers you EX/LX guys are getting. Damn Sport wheels look so good though...
It's okay it was one of the deciding factors for me too :drive:

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just filled her up today with 416 driven miles and 20 miles left on the range. The warning light came on at 41 miles left. Filled her up with 10.5 gallons. Trip computer was reading 40.0 mpg and my calculation is 416/10.5=39.6 mpg. Based on that, I can push her for at least another 50 miles before fill up.
I wouldn't go any further. You have less than 2 gallons left and fuel helps keep the pump cool.

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Doesn't the EX weigh just as much as the Sport? The weels are only an inch smaller but it has a sunroof. Or are the larger wheels the only deciding factor when it comes to the mpg difference?

h4ppyfeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic sport hatchback
I'm running 28mpg on my 2017 honda civic sport hatch, with SIR and BOV installed, i drove 28 miles a day, all city driving

Last edited:

rabit1111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
I wouldn't go any further. You have less than 2 gallons left and fuel helps keep the pump cool.
Yeah. I was too afraid to push it. Cuz I have a long stretch without any gas station (55 miles).

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
Doesn't the EX weigh just as much as the Sport? The weels are only an inch smaller but it has a sunroof. Or are the larger wheels the only deciding factor when it comes to the mpg difference?
The sport tires are almost 8/10 of an inch wider. The wheels are way less aero. There's also an aero price to pay for the "less boat-tail" back end of the hatchback vs the sedan. The aero stuff won't make much of a difference until you get above 45 mph or so.

CarNutAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I've never gotten more than 260 or 270 miles out of a full tank. I only use 91 octane in my HB Sport CVT. I was actually fairly shocked by this. I know I have a lead foot, but I thought I'd get a bit more. With that being said, it's still a big cost savings over my previous car. The civic hatchback only costs about $25 to fill with 91 octance, but my old infiniti g35 coupe cost almost $50 to fill with 91, and I could only get about 275-300 miles from that tank.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
what kind of driving are you doing? mostly city and short distance or mixture?
Sponsored