buggzy

2017 civic hatchback sport with cvt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic ex-l and 2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the 12v stays on untill the interior lights turn off, if i remember well, i used the top row, left pin and right pin
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Hi, I tested all 5 pins in that plug. On the row with 3 pins, one is 12V and two are ground. The other row with 2 pins give me a little over 2V (???)!!! I had the door closed and opened and the voltages remain unchanged. If this is so, and I connect to the 12V (constant) pin, the illuminated sills will be on all the time whether the door is closed or not. I would appreciate any help in how you did it.
Instead of opening the door and closing, turn the domelight on and off maybe?

I've always wondered looking at the instructions why there are 5 pins for 2 wires lol

OP
OP
buggzy

buggzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no, you need to open and close the door, the light switch wont controll the door sills.

CosmicCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Grd Voyager, Accord, Corolla
no, you need to open and close the door, the light switch wont controll the door sills.
What I did was press on that black switch on the B-pillar to simulate closing the door. You are absolutely correct. One needs to either physically close the door or simulate the closing as I just mentioned. The plug has two rows of 3 pins, except that one of the pins in one of the rows is absent. That is why there are only 5 pins, where one row has 3 pins and the other has only 2. I was looking for a pin that would change its voltage either from 12V to zero or from zero to 12V when I close the door. None of the pins seem to do that. Hopefully you can enlighten us on you did it.

OP
OP
buggzy

buggzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i checked and im plugged in the top row, left pin and right pin, left pin being the 12v source, the voltage stays on as long as the dome lights are on, the door sills turns off once all lights are off... will go make a quick video, gimme a few minutes

OP
OP
buggzy

buggzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
heres how mine work, like i said, once dome lights turn off the sills turn off, in the white square plug, illustrated in the oem instructions, on the top row of 3 pins, my ground is the left side pin, my 12v is the right sided pin.

Last edited:

CosmicCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
heres how mine work, like i said, once dome lights turn off the sills turn off, in the white square plug, illustrated in the oem instructions, on the top row of 3 pins, my ground is the left side pin, my 12v is the right sided pin.

Great video. Thanks! I'll check my pins again. Looks like you got it! Your idea makes it possible for us to purchase any suitable illuminated sill plate without having to wait for the 2016 version to become available. New versions usually come at a price that is a ripoff - all because of plug incompatibility.

slgta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX with HS
Country flag
this set is made with plastics? and it only have 2 pieces (ie. for the front door only)?

The two URLs in this thread ....one store is 50% more expensive then the other store.
Are they the same product?

Last edited:

slgta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX with HS
Country flag

OP
OP
buggzy

buggzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this set is made with plastics? and it only have 2 pieces (ie. for the front door only)?

The two URLs in this thread ....one store is 50% more expensive then the other store.
Are they the same product?
check the link i put up, its the ones i got,they where better priced nd shipping was very fast

CosmicCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. This is very helpful. Maybe I can connect the foot well LED Strips to the same plug so that it will turn on/off with the door as well.
Great idea! I will do that along with the sill plates on one fell sweep.

gliu555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe touring
Help please, I received door sill but it did not come with any male connector. How do I connect the wires to the 5 pin plug?

CosmicCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Help please, I received door sill but it did not come with any male connector. How do I connect the wires to the 5 pin plug?
If the connector that you have does not fit the plug underneath the dash (at the fuse box), you will have to:
1. Cut out your connector
2. Determine which wires are + and -
3. Connect these wires directly to the respective pins. Read the discussions above as to which is which.

gliu555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe touring
If the connector that you have does not fit the plug underneath the dash (at the fuse box), you will have to:
1. Cut out your connector
2. Determine which wires are + and -
3. Connect these wires directly to the respective pins. Read the discussions above as to which is which.
The kit I got does not have any connector at all, just open wire. Any suggestions on how to connect the wires to the pins securely or where to find a harness connector that fits the 5 pin plug?
Sponsored