My FlashPro experiences and datalogs (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC)

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Here is my Dyno run graph. What you have to keep in mind is these numbers are going to be different from hondata numbers because this was a Dyno at the wheels with tires and rims on. I installed the High tune (6+ boost) on 93 octane and gained 27 horsepower and 25 foot pounds of torque and that is with the Injen short ram intake. I'm MORE than pleased with the FlashPro. The performance is nite and day!!! I highly recommend the FlashPro!!!

20161222_203207.jpg
I'm assuming your car is a CVT hence the 4600 rpm starts? 4600 rpm to 5800 is a very very short power range, as most of the torque you see on these motors happens below 4500. Otherwise those HP #'s are pretty damn close to what we saw on my Dynapack on our 6MT... which didn't have wheels or tires on it either, lol.

you need to let the knock control go down below 70% before doing the pull to get the most power
Not really, no you don't. Most of my dyno pulls today on high octane fuel were done at 100% to 110%. The extra timing I was getting going down to 70% didn't make any power and is effectively just wear and tear on the motor.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I'm assuming your car is a CVT hence the 4600 rpm starts? 4600 rpm to 5800 is a very very short power range, as most of the torque you see on these motors happens below 4500. Otherwise those HP #'s are pretty damn close to what we saw on my Dynapack on our 6MT... which didn't have wheels or tires on it either, lol.

Not really, no you don't. Most of my dyno pulls today on high octane fuel were done at 100% to 110%. The extra timing I was getting going down to 70% didn't make any power and is effectively just wear and tear on the motor.
The reason I say that cause it's running a/f of 9s instead of 10.8. It needs a few pulls before the a/f settles and learns it needs to adjust to.
It should see some gains when it leans out to high 10s

Last edited:

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
The reason I say that cause it's running a/f of 9s instead of 10.8. It needs a few pulls before the a/f settles and learns it needs to adjust to.
It should see some gains when it leans out to high 10s
Nah, if it was deep 9's it wouldn't of seen that power increase. I'm not going to say much in that respect, but pretend like I've done a lot of testing already ;)

I also have countless pulls over and over and the AFR never "learns" or "settles". It runs the fueling I tell it to run repeatedly. Only reason it would "learn" is if the map ("tune") was off for the car, then the ECU can do some basic adaptation, which isn't necessarily going to be correct or quite right.

This ECU is a little different from how Honda used to do it, but a lot of the logic is also similar. That discussion is really beyond the scope of this thread, nor do I necessarily want to share it all, lol.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Nah, if it was deep 9's it wouldn't of seen that power increase. I'm not going to say much in that respect, but pretend like I've done a lot of testing already ;)

I also have countless pulls over and over and the AFR never "learns" or "settles". It runs the fueling I tell it to run repeatedly. Only reason it would "learn" is if the map ("tune") was off for the car, then the ECU can do some basic adaptation, which isn't necessarily going to be correct or quite right.

This ECU is a little different from how Honda used to do it, but a lot of the logic is also similar. That discussion is really beyond the scope of this thread, nor do I necessarily want to share it all, lol.
I'm sure you have done more test than me. But for me every time i reflash the ecu. The first few pulls are in the mid 9s. After a few pulls it straighten out to 10.8. It's just what I see on my datalogs. I'm just going by my observation on my logs. It might be just my car or I'm completely misreading the logs.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I'm sure you have done more test than me. But for me every time i reflash the ecu. The first few pulls are in the mid 9s. After a few pulls it straighten out to 10.8. It's just what I see on my datalogs.
You're seeing the closed loop control feedback trying to correct fueling. So the "tune" you are running really isn't all that "tuned" for your car, now is it? We call that a "basemap".

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

Yes it's a CVT EXT 2016

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Just wondering do they drop in price or go on sale? Planning to get one in the summer, birthday present for myself

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering do they drop in price or go on sale? Planning to get one in the summer, birthday present for myself
Nope, procivic has $30 off coupon though.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

"Nor do I necessarily want to share it all, lol" I know Ill be using the right e-tuner when its time! Im liking the +6 psi on 93, I can only imagine what it'll be like with an intake and good tune.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Yes it's a CVT EXT 2016
That's why -- that dyno pull is only showing you about 20% of the power curve of the motor. If you could run a pull from 1500 rpm you'd see the meat of benefits of the turbo setup on these cars -- the awesome torque. Sadly, I think only the 6MT's will get to fully benefit from it. Driving the car on the freeway with 260wtq and easing into the gas at 70mph to pass people is fun -- no downshifting needed.

"Nor do I necessarily want to share it all, lol" I know Ill be using the right e-tuner when its time! Im liking the +6 psi on 93, I can only imagine what it'll be like with an intake and good tune.
I'm somewhat skeptical on the intakes. The ones out right now made no power or very minimal amounts (8th/9th) and testing on other models that are factory turbo has showed intakes to be "meh". After seeing what just the tune does, I suspect the big gain is going to be a good downpipe.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's why -- that dyno pull is only showing you about 20% of the power curve of the motor. If you could run a pull from 1500 rpm you'd see the meat of benefits of the turbo setup on these cars -- the awesome torque. Sadly, I think only the 6MT's will get to fully benefit from it. Driving the car on the freeway with 260wtq and easing into the gas at 70mph to pass people is fun -- no downshifting needed.

I'm somewhat skeptical on the intakes. The ones out right now made no power or very minimal amounts (8th/9th) and testing on other models that are factory turbo has showed intakes to be "meh". After seeing what just the tune does, I suspect the big gain is going to be a good downpipe.
Saw PRL is fabricating a downpipe now, would they be the ones to trust?

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
Nope, procivic has $30 off coupon though.
I hate to add a post to a thread that isn't very helpful. But I ordered mine through Hondapro. Spoke to them on the phone and nice people. That being said comment vitviper for the flashpro at $650. Amazing deal.

I post many pictures and try to be a contributing member to civicx. I'll post videos of my before and after. I'm so excited. I feel like such a child w my xmas present to myself. 20whp and 20wtq is a relatively decent bump. It isn't vw Apr flash gains but it's a zero labor plug in play upgrade. With the flashpro and injen intake our car will make 190 to the wheels and that's not bad for $660 or $650 depending on whom you buy from. Next year we will be looking at full price. My suggestion is save yourself 2 free tanks of gas and buy now.

I will post acceleration videos but no logging. I am likely done after this flashpro.
My acceleration before and after videos will be my late xmas gift to the forums.

Merry xmas. Btw. $650-$660 free shipping. This will be a item that will be used for likely the next 4 years of civic owenership. Can't wait!