My FlashPro experiences and datalogs (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC)

CivCoupe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Coupe EX, 2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Would have to see a log to see if there's anything that goes deeper, but -10% can be normalized, on the tuned cars I'm seeing pretty nominal values, a couple percent tops.
Would it be acceptable for me to send over my latest data log for you to review? If not, it's cool. I know it's a fine line between creating extra power and maintaining fuel economy so I knew I'd sacrifice a little. +/-10% seems to be right at the threshold for normal range but if you aren't seeing numbers those high then maybe I have something else going on? What about pulling the battery and doing a relearn?
Sponsored

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Yes, you can email me: [email protected]

I've seen the provided basemaps vary anywhere from 10% to 20% off. It's cool and all that they do make more power than stock (add more boost, of course it will), but they still really are basemaps.

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Since you said you have the injen Sri, double check your clamps. Since it's pre-turbo, it wouldn't be a boost leak, but a vacuum leak. Vacuum leaks can play havoc on your fuel economy as well as other low RPM conditions such as idling or cruising.

Just a thought, but it is probably fine.

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
Honda went to a lot of trouble to keep the Turbine Inlet Temperature down -- which improves fuel economy ... flipping the motor around, water cooled exhaust.

I might wonder if that injen intake has disturbed the original designed cooling airflow under the hood?

CivCoupe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since you said you have the injen Sri, double check your clamps. Since it's pre-turbo, it wouldn't be a boost leak, but a vacuum leak. Vacuum leaks can play havoc on your fuel economy as well as other low RPM conditions such as idling or cruising.

Just a thought, but it is probably fine.
I actually do pop my hood and check my clamps on a regular basis, but did again yesterday and they were fine. The Hondata basemap I'm using just doesn't like me for some reason, however the additional torque is outstanding. Having Vit do a custom tune for me because my fuel trims are way off

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Just raced a Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0 Turbo. He had an aftermarket intercooler, exhaust and a flash making over 250 HP!!! All I have is the hondata flashpro 6 + High Tune. and I BEAT him from a dead stop. It pissed him off so I raced him two more times and beat him two more times!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!
Yo! what are your numbers regards to hp and torque with flashpro?

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Decent! Now we need time slips!!
It's not that I necessarily wanted to change anything, just noticing that there are many tuning options absent from our calibration which ARE present for 2013+ Accords with a CVT? Any suggestions for the decreased highway fuel economy outside of a custom tune?
I don't have my flash pro yet (patiently waiting) I get low 30's MPG on my Civic and it's basically stock beside the Injen short ram intake.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Car is currently on #4 revision with Vit, mishimoto intake, Invidia N1 exhaust. Terrible 60 time 2.5. Ran a 14.7 and I did not break hold. Was only able to do one pass I got to the track late!
IMG_2319.JPG
Impressive. With a lower 60 foot time and that trap speed you could go low 14's. Thanks for sharing this info!

CivCoupe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have my flash pro yet (patiently waiting) I get low 30's MPG on my Civic and it's basically stock beside the Injen short ram intake.
I'm also running the Injen SRI. I was getting upper 30's to low 40's for mpgs depending on the day and weather conditions (75 one day, 30 the next.. Ohio for you). As soon as I flashed the +6 PSI high octane Hondata basemap my fuel economy plummeted and my transmission became temperamental, jerking a lot at low speeds. I am currently on my 4th revision with Vit as well.

bigbadboss101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB LX CVT
I'm also running the Injen SRI. I was getting upper 30's to low 40's for mpgs depending on the day and weather conditions (75 one day, 30 the next.. Ohio for you). As soon as I flashed the +6 PSI high octane Hondata basemap my fuel economy plummeted and my transmission became temperamental, jerking a lot at low speeds. I am currently on my 4th revision with Vit as well.
That is concerning. Note to self :)
Sponsored