My FlashPro experiences and datalogs (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC)

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Maybe, but I noticed that same 50 dollars does not get added when you ring up the same vehicle in the combo deal. There are some local tuners I can work with that have Dynos and will easily spend less than 300 dollars going that route.
I would do a local tuner over a e-tune unless the local tuner is clueless. that way you can get a tune on the dyno and street

you are in VA, you have plenty of good options of honda tuners there
Sponsored

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan Lunar Silver
And the logic to tuning these seems to be much different that the old K series with which Vit was amazing with. But that engine ECU combo has been out for years. I dont blame him for charging more for a brand new blank slate engine ECU combo with new logic
For me it is not the amount itself just the way it is presented in the checkout process as an add on, just don't like that kind of service hike

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would do a local tuner over a e-tune unless the local tuner is clueless. that way you can get a tune on the dyno and street
Whats the difference in Vit reading my datalog by email and in person on the dyno? I mean, technically wouldnt my e tune will be way better than a dyno tune since my logs are in the real world and not a controlled environment. just curious if there is a benefit to a dyno tune, outside of it being done in a day and not having to find places to go make a quick pull?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I would agree if it was on the 6mt but CVT is pretty much maxed out on the +6psi tune. At least on my car it is or there's something wrong. I asked Hondata on why i cant go any higher than 19-20psi and he said "The CVT has its own computer that limits the maximum torque. That maximum torque setting limits the boost the CVT will make."

my engine runs pretty smooth with the flashpro 6psi map. Is it perfect? No! but it works perfectly fine and good
I was only speaking for the manual cause I hate cvts. I don't think the cvt should be tuned or have bolt ons.( that's from a reliably stand point ) Cvts can be really complex. And as Vit stated, the cvt can not handle the amount of ponies and torque it can make. If you have a manual, it's pretty much changing out the clutch for a stronger one. Like I said if you want performance and wanna take advantage of it. You need the 6 speed. The cvt is good for people that don't want to mod and want a comfy quiet daily commuter. It's pretty nice bone stock anyway. That's my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan Lunar Silver

you are in VA, you have plenty of good options of honda tuners there
Yeah, that is why I don't feel like I have to do the Vit tune, not saying it isn't good only saying I don't care for hidden fees and as a consumer, I will always have other options, which don't always pan out to be better, but I will see how it goes. I like being able to go to a shop where I can meet the people directly

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Whats the difference in Vit reading my datalog by email and in person on the dyno? I mean, technically wouldnt my e tune will be way better than a dyno tune since my logs are in the real world and not a controlled environment. just curious if there is a benefit to a dyno tune, outside of it being done in a day and not having to find places to go make a quick pull?
Evan's tuning just released this
You would usually do a dyno tune for peak power than go on the street for real world driving tuning. This will take 2-4hrs unlike days or weeks for etunes

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe, but I noticed that same 50 dollars does not get added when you ring up the same vehicle in the combo deal. There are some local tuners I can work with that have Dynos and will easily spend less than 300 dollars going that route.
Probably the reason its a combo deal I'm going to assume.I also dont want to seem to argue the point Im just looking at it at my point of view.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not only you. Mine has been doing the same thing too even on the +6 PSI tune. If it really is the CVT limiting torque.. then I'm curious if other bolt on mods would even be beneficial? Is there a way to bypass this limitation? lol
I don't think you can bypass it, and if you can do it, don't be surprised if your car shits the bed. The more you tune the cvt the more the reliability goes out the window. It gets really fucking hot! It's good they added a safety feature that makes your car stay off until it cools down to a certain temperature. I would keep the car stock if it has the cvt. The cvts computer limits the power because of the heat it produces. Also the cvt this civic has was not built with modifying in mind. Also just because it has the safety feature doesn't mean it's 100% going to save your car.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was only speaking for the manual cause I hate cvts. I don't think the cvt should be tuned or have bolt ons.( that's from a reliably stand point ) Cvts can be really complex. And as Vit stated, the cvt can not handle the amount of ponies and torque it can make. If you have a manual, it's pretty much changing out the clutch for a stronger one. Like I said if you want performance and wanna take advantage of it. You need the 6 speed. The cvt is good for people that don't want to mod and want a comfy quiet daily commuter. It's pretty nice bone stock anyway. That's my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

I don't think you can bypass it, and if you can do it, don't be surprised if your car shits the bed. The more you tune the cvt the more the reliability goes out the window. It gets really fucking hot! It's good they added a safety feature that makes your car stay off until it cools down to a certain temperature. I would keep the car stock if it has the cvt. The cvts computer limits the power because of the heat it produces. Also the cvt this civic has was not built with modifying in mind. Also just because it has the safety feature doesn't mean it's 100% going to save your car.
So are we turning this into a "shit on CVTs?" I mean, we can mod them and tune them and they are way more fun that stock. I assuming that like me, those who bought the cvt did so knowing we werent building track monsters. I want more power, a little noise and some fun driving out of the car i will spend more time with than my family. It can handle a certain amount of upgrades and thats what we will do. We will mod them as far as we can go, just like what some of the 6MT guys will do.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm fully aware that I'm not going to expect 300 ft-lb of torque out of a CVT. I'm fully aware of the consequences. That being said, I'm also curious on what their real limitation is.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So are we turning this into a "shit on CVTs?" I mean, we can mod them and tune them and they are way more fun that stock. I assuming that like me, those who bought the cvt did so knowing we werent building track monsters. I want more power, a little noise and some fun driving out of the car i will spend more time with than my family. It can handle a certain amount of upgrades and thats what we will do. We will mod them as far as we can go, just like what some of the 6MT guys will do.
I'm not shitting on cvts lol. And I never said to anyone that they can't mod their cars. Lmao I told someone else off for making a comment like that. Mod your cvt at your own risk is what I'm saying basically. I don't think you'll ruin the car with a simple catback or a drop in filter. I'm just simply saying what I would not do if I had a cvt. I can't afford to even take the risk. Maybe you can. But in this world I know a lot of people can't. So I'm basically just warning others, and I hope your car stays solid for a long time. That would be awesome. I don't want to see someone's car break down due to modding. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not shitting on cvts lol. And I never said to anyone that they can't mod their cars. Lmao I told someone else off for making a comment like that. Mod your cvt at your own risk is what I'm saying basically. I don't think you'll ruin the car with a simple catback or a drop in filter. I'm just simply saying what I would not do if I had a cvt. I can't afford to even take the risk. Maybe you can. But in this world I know a lot of people can't. So I'm basically just warning others.
I swear I wasnt trying to flame you or be dick. You seem like a knowledgeable dude so we good. Im going to throw the aftermarket bpv an intake and I already got my FP, not much more I will do to it really. That'll give me what I want for now until the inevitable I want a new SI bug hits me.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
The CVT will handle the tunes that come on the flash pro but if you go all out custom tuning maybe there will be an issue, hondas CVT are stronger than you think. From what I've read, the flash pro tunes are pretty nice on their own and won't blow up a CVT.

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
I totally trust Vit not to overtune my car.He in not so many words said so.Ill be happy with equal to Hondatas specs but a clean precise tune unique to my 1.5-T
:cloud:

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'm sure the CVT will handle 20-30 torque more than stock without any issues. It's 40-50 that would worry me.
Sponsored