My FlashPro experiences and datalogs (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC)

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
I have not had a chance to check the codes but felt like misfiring. I dropped the throttle down and it hesitated choked and went to limp mode. Stopped and started car, runs okay but the CEL does not clear stating emissions error, and the other systems are also showing errors but car operates. This worries me as I am not sure how good using the FP is for the car if this can happen so easily
Re upload the tune again.This actually happened to me twice on the flash Pro included tunes plus 6 high octane injen SRI.I uploaded again and didn't happen again.I hope this helps.
Sponsored

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan Lunar Silver
Re upload the tune again.This actually happened to me twice on the flash Pro included tunes plus 6 high octane injen SRI.I uploaded again and didn't happen again.I hope this helps.
Thanks, I will give that a try, it worked great for the first week but I definitely can't have this type of issue and feel confident that it is not harmful to the engine or ECU. I will see how the car responds to a re-flash and provide an update after that

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also update to newest Flash Pro software before you upload maybe that will help and check after upload that the upload was successful.That option is in the option icon on the top menu bar.

Last edited:
OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I have not had a chance to check the codes but felt like misfiring. I dropped the throttle down and it hesitated choked and went to limp mode. Stopped and started car, runs okay but the CEL does not clear stating emissions error, and the other systems are also showing errors but car operates. This worries me as I am not sure how good using the FP is for the car if this can happen so easily
most likely it misfired, I'm guessing it was pretty cold out when it happened? i had that happened to me twice but it was really cold and just flashed the ecu. it never happened again after driving around a bit and giving it a go. It was misfiring cause it was running pig rich for me

no need to reupload the flash

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
most likely it misfired, I'm guessing it was pretty cold out when it happened? i had that happened to me twice but it was really cold and just flashed the ecu. it never happened again after driving around a bit and giving it a go. It was misfiring cause it was running pig rich for me

no need to reupload the flash
When you say to just flash the ECU, you mean just plug the FP in and run the program? Just want to clarify that I don't need to reload the flash from my laptop to the FP first

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
When you say to just flash the ECU, you mean just plug the FP in and run the program? Just want to clarify that I don't need to reload the flash from my laptop to the FP first
when i said that i mean when it was a fresh flash/reprogram to the ecu. just keep on driving and the fuel trim should correct itself if its running rich. hard to say whats going on unless you have a datalog

i would just keep driving like it never happened

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when i said that i mean when it was a fresh flash/reprogram to the ecu. just keep on driving and the fuel trim should correct itself if its running rich. hard to say whats going on unless you have a datalog

i would just keep driving like it never happened
I must clear all the alerts and CEL anyway so one way or another I think doing a clean flash would be the best next step.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
You should select a base map. Run some data logs and then purchase a custom e tune through Vit Viper, then you send him logs and he's cleans it up and then sends it back and you keep uploading as many calibrations it takes to have it perfect. It will feel like a completely different car!

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You should select a base map. Run some data logs and then purchase a custom e tune through Vit Viper, then you send him logs and he's cleans it up and then sends it back and you keep uploading as many calibrations it takes to have it perfect. It will feel like a completely different car!
Couldn't have said it better.As this is what I'm doing right now.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
imo the flashpro base map is fine. it could use a fine tune in the colder weather but once the ecu learn/corrects the fuel trim. it runs pretty good. i did lean out the fuel a little to my liking. im running around 10.9-11 a/f WOT. I also leaned out cruising low boost level while on a slight inclined. it was hitting 10.8 a/f with 1 to 3psi. leaned it out to 12 since its light load

Still waiting on the downpipe then i will put my car on the dyno with www.j-k-tuning.com
did an hour trip today and got 47mpg

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Hondata doesn't recommend running richer than 10.9 or so, IIRC. On other DI platforms, it seems to carbonize the rings pretty quick.

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I may give that a try

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whats the limit of boost that can be added to the CVT 1.5-T?
From what Ive seen on my logs 20 psi and thats not even usable boost bc it peaks as the CVT "shifts" Hondata says that the CVT computer is limiting the boost bc of a torque limit that is set in the CVT computer. They cant tune for that right now.
Sponsored