My Experience With The 2.0 LX

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Just thought I'd share some quick thoughts with the 2.0... ended up with an LX Civic for a rental.

The 2.0 feels like a good engine - even after being so used to my 1.5T with Hondata +6 psi. It might not be as fast but for everyday driving there's no real lack of power. It does not feel slow, its not noisy, and smooth.

The LX is decently outfitted too - backup camera, cruise control, even auto headlights - it looks like they kept quite a bit of standard Civic features, both front windows are auto up/down. Overall I'd have no trouble recommending the LX or base 2.0L engine... the 10th gen Civic continues to impress, its just such a solid foundation!

And its nice to be able to control the climate settings without having to rely on the bigger display but I did find myself looking for the temperature in the wrong place. Heck the LX has auto climate control even, just not dual zone. The LX is a great choice if you need a high mileage daily driver/beater.
Sponsored

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
It is still a Honda k series engine...They are beyond proven at this point.:thumbsup:

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
This is the exact reason I went with the Canadian LX as a daily. No doubt that the 1.5 is faster, but the 2.0 is a fantastic car in and out of city traffic and I love the tried tested and true k series.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A base model compact that doesn't feel like a penalty box?

What A Time To Be Alive.

OP
OP

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another day with the LX - so far the part I'm noticing myself really missing is proximity entry and keyless start - find myself reaching for the door handle and wanting to just leave the keys in the console once I'm inside. Headroom, I'm 6' and the LX has tons more headroom without the sunroof.

hunterbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Yes I am six feet even and neither Accords or Civic with the sunroof are comfortable for me in terms of headroom. But the 10th gen Civic w/o sunroof has loads of headroom to spare. I can even wear a hat.

I wonder how much the sunroof actually reduces the headliner height, must be at least 3" or so.

OP
OP

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder how much the sunroof actually reduces the headliner height, must be at least 3" or so.
Its pretty significant for sure, 3" could be right. My seat height is almost all the way down in my Sport Touring hatch with the sunroof, plus all the way back as far as the power seats will go. Sedan does seem to have a bit more rear legroom too - not a biggie for me but its nice if you have someone in the back more often.

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
I felt the same about the LX, reminded me of my 2015 Civic EX, but with crappy seats

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I felt the same about the LX, reminded me of my 2015 Civic EX, but with crappy seats
Are the seats in an EX-T manual the same as an LX? The 2016 and up Civic has been praised for long distance comfort. Wondering if that differs by trim. Most reviews are with the highest end models.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I have a (Canadian) 2.0 LX CVT Sedan as a loaner at the moment. Seats are not as nice as the Turbo Coupe (same as USA EX I think) that I had last year. The other two CivicX's that I've driven are the Si and the Type R - of the four, I'd say that the Si's are the best for street use.

My biggest complaint with the LX are with the halogen headlights. The lights are okay - low beams are decent, but the high beams are not that great. However, you get no respect on the highway (Interstate-like) at night. People just pull out in front of you as if you're not there. Same me, same driving, same cruise control speed, but the drive has much less drama when I am in Civics with full LED lights.

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I

My biggest complaint with the LX are with the halogen headlights. The lights are okay - low beams are decent, but the high beams are not that great. However, you get no respect on the highway (Interstate-like) at night. People just pull out in front of you as if you're not there. Same me, same driving, same cruise control speed, but the drive has much less drama when I am in Civics with full LED lights.
When do you use the high beams? Or how often? I've been pulled over and ticketed in the US for having high beams on. In the middle of nowhere never expecting to see a police officer. Officer was probably hoping for something else, but nothing to be found. It's not legal in the US at least to drive with the high beams on full time. If you have high beams on while driving on a US highway, you'll most likely get pulled over. Laws might differ from location to location though.

I've also received an "excessive use of the horn" ticket in the past. Ouch.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
When do you use the high beams? Or how often? I've been pulled over and ticketed in the US for having high beams on. In the middle of nowhere never expecting to see a police officer. Officer was probably hoping for something else, but nothing to be found. It's not legal in the US at least to drive with the high beams on full time. If you have high beams on while driving on a US highway, you'll most likely get pulled over. Laws might differ from location to location though.

I've also received an "excessive use of the horn" ticket in the past. Ouch.
I turn on my high beams when there is no vehicle in front of me or approaching within about a quarter mile.

The rule here is "every driver should not make use of his/her high beam headlights when they are within 60 metres of following a motor vehicle or within 150 metres of an approaching vehicle." (150 metres is about a tenth of a mile). However, I find those distances annoyingly close if a car near me is using high beams, so a quarter-mile is more considerate.
Sponsored