First Name
Clemente
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@dc2turbo i believe u were spot on sir. Some how there was a miscommunication with the computer or what u said
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mentoz

Mentoz

First Name
Clemente
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I figure it went into limp mode. Do you know what was the CEL that it threw? We can tell you easily what happened then
I do not

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would change the title to something more like "My car went into limp mode" or you are going to get a lot unwanted hate from people if this thread catches on

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I find it so hard to believe that this is true lmao

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I find it so hard to believe that this is true lmao
lol it is so all over the place. He blew the CVT and traded it for and SI but now the CVT isnt blown and they cleared the CEL. I dont blame anyone for trading the cvt for an SI but this was so random. People on this board are too smart to just accept the OPs opening comment as fact.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I just wish they would call it something other than "limp mode". Just sounds so wrong. ;)

OP
OP
Mentoz

Mentoz

First Name
Clemente
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:imnew:
lol it is so all over the place. He blew the CVT and traded it for and SI but now the CVT isnt blown and they cleared the CEL. I dont blame anyone for trading the cvt for an SI but this was so random. People on this board are too smart to just accept the OPs opening comment as fact.
Wasn't trying to be random. tbh I really thought it broke but show how much I know. I appreciate the response from everyone

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wasn't trying to be random. tbh I really thought it broke but show how much I know. I appreciate the response from everyone
Welcome to the forum. A big topic has been who or how is the first cvt on the forum going to blow up so when I saw your thread i was immediately intrigued. If you ever want attention again post that title lol. Anyhow, enjoy and look forward to seeing how you lile your Si.

tylerbooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
My car has done this 2 times already. (6mt sport). A few lights come on and it goes into limp mode. Lights are brake system. Traction control. And I don't remember the other off hand. The first time I fixed it by re flashing my hondata tune. The second time just happened today haven't done anything about it yet because I just got off work. But this morning it went into limp mode and when I came back it wouldn't even start. Hoping reflashing it fixes it.

I have hondata flashpro 9 psi injen CAI base tune. Prl catless downpipe front pipe combo. So my check engine light has been on for that.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
My car has done this 2 times already. (6mt sport). A few lights come on and it goes into limp mode. Lights are brake system. Traction control. And I don't remember the other off hand. The first time I fixed it by re flashing my hondata tune. The second time just happened today haven't done anything about it yet because I just got off work. But this morning it went into limp mode and when I came back it wouldn't even start. Hoping reflashing it fixes it.

I have hondata flashpro 9 psi injen CAI base tune. Prl catless downpipe front pipe combo. So my check engine light has been on for that.
Have you updated your flashpro? you can disable the O2 now. Also if you are hitting overboost CEL then you need to adjust the TC MAX BOOST IAT and PA tables. raise it up .1 or .2 bars at a time til it doesn't trip the CEL

Rennokas

First Name
Renno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage, soon Civic 1.5t
Anynews from your dealer/honda ? Would really like to know what they have to say about this :D

OP
OP
Mentoz

Mentoz

First Name
Clemente
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anynews from your dealer/honda ? Would really like to know what they have to say about this :D
Last I heard was that they reset the cel and it was working again and they were trying to replicate the issue. And also my flashpro wasn't up to date
Sponsored