OP
KnoxTn17Si

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
The one thing though that did happen when I got home after tint.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Aegean Blue 17Si 20170620_142534
Sponsored

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
Hm. You think that would have happened upon leaving the detailer, no? I wonder where the sensor is for the key.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I see the error message, but the engine is running. So you can still shut off the car and start it back up and drive it?

OP
OP
KnoxTn17Si

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
I see the error message, but the engine is running. So you can still shut off the car and start it back up and drive it?
Yes....had no problem. Push the start button, drove to work. Drove fine, hope when I get off work the message is gone. If not, wait another day and if not gone, going to dealership. I've read others having that problem after tint job. We're is the senor at is a good question.

OP
OP
KnoxTn17Si

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Hm. You think that would have happened upon leaving the detailer, no? I wonder where the sensor is for the key.
I would think that also. Didn't come up till after got home and 2 hours later leaving for work. Bam.... there it was :rant:

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag

20170620_142534.jpg
Is there anything on your keyring that that transmits a wireless signal? Or anything you have in the car plugged in? We see this on Nissans sometimes. Certain things transmit a similar signal as the key fob wirelessly and it can sometimes interfere. Big ones that we see are wireless transponders that open gates. Also your Aegean blue si looks awesome. That tint looks really good on it too!

OP
OP
KnoxTn17Si

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Is there anything on your keyring that that transmits a wireless signal? Or anything you have in the car plugged in? We see this on Nissans sometimes. Certain things transmit a similar signal as the key fob wirelessly and it can sometimes interfere. Big ones that we see are wireless transponders that open gates. Also your Aegean blue si looks awesome. That tint looks really good on it too!
Thanks... Well got off work tonight and got in the car and the message was gone. Hopefully it won't come back on. From what I've read, it seems to do with moisture from getting windows tinted. Only thing on my key ring is house key.

OP
OP
KnoxTn17Si

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Awesome! Just thinking of the front half (partial package) for $900 at the moment. I'll ask about the full package tomorrow. For the tint, is that charcoal or black, and can you even tell the 70% is even there? I was looking at 80% for the windshield, which is all but clear, but that 70% looks good too!
We can get a 2 car special on the clear bra if your down?

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
We can get a 2 car special on the clear bra if your down?
Hey that'd definitely work. If you can wait, it'll probably be between 2-4 weeks. Any idea what the price would be?

OP
OP
KnoxTn17Si

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Hey that'd definitely work. If you can wait, it'll probably be between 2-4 weeks. Any idea what the price would be?
I had Tim quote me full package for 2 cars 2 weeks ago. He said $160 off each car. I'll call and check and see if that's still good for just doing the front.

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
Is that key / signal issue still occurring?