My 2017 Honda Civic Si!

mister_egg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OWP Civic Si Coupe
Hey all!

Just wanted to share my '17 OWP Si Coupe that I purchased this past Saturday.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Honda Civic Si! Omrcbt6

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Honda Civic Si! mVy4Kjb

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Honda Civic Si! YYK20VN

Coming from a '15 WRX, I can say that I've been enjoying the new Si quite a bit. I actually prefer the Si over it so far. I like that in the driver's seat, everything feels centered around you, and that you feel "cozy"(?), for a lack of a better word. Part of that is owed to the seats, which feel amazing compared to the WRX. I've also noticed the difference in chassis and suspension, with the Si always feeling firm and planted, while my WRX didn't feel as confidence-inspiring, and had noticeable body roll in comparison. Both cars have turbo lag for sure, but I can only describe the difference being that in the WRX, the build up and the actual moment of hitting boost was kind of like the car going "Oh. Alright." In the Si however, I feel that it's always trying it's best while building boost, and once it does, it delivers, and the satisfaction is undeniable.

I don't want to make this post too long-winded since there have been many posts made already of people's impressions of the car, but I just wanted to share a little bit of my own in comparison to my previous vehicle.

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Congratulations on your purchase!

Now, go remove that hideous dealer advertising (decal and license plate frame) from the rear and peel off that 1970s-era aftermarket pin striping from the sides before it's too late. :p

OP
OP
mister_egg

mister_egg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OWP Civic Si Coupe
Congratulations on your purchase!

Now, go remove that hideous dealer advertising (decal and license plate frame) from the rear and peel off that 1970s-era aftermarket pin striping from the sides before it's too late. :p
Haha, I'm definitely going too! I have blank plate frames on the way, but i'm not sure how I should go about removing the pinstriping. I've had them on cars I've owned previously but never bothered trying to take them off. Is it as easy as just picking and peeling it off like a sticker?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since it hasn't been on there long, you should be able to peel it off with enough patience if it hasn't been baked on by the hot sun already. You might need to soften it with a hair dryer to facilitate removal as you go. Cheap and thin or brittle pin striping tends to break off in small pieces. I'd wash it first then gently use your fingernail to lift enough to grab and pull - you don't want your fingernail dragging dirt across the paint.

My brother had a black 2010 Altima coupe that had silver pin striping installed. After a couple of years, it began turning red-brown as if the metallic flakes in it were rusting. He was unable to remove it himself, so he had a body shop do it. Unfortunately, it took some paint off with it. He had new pin striping installed to conceal the damage then traded the car back to the dealer who installed the pin striping.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since the pin stripe was more than likely installed pretty recent you should be able to remove it with no problems. I despise the pinstripes on cars lol.

The car looks great though!

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We match (I also just bought a 17 white SI coupe) - minus the pinstripe

looks hot!

nutsack

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Vehicle Showcase
Did Hall charge you over sticker? When I complained about them charging me for pin stripes they told me it would be an additional $200 for them to remove them. They are probably the last Honda dealer in the area to not include free lifetime oil changes when you purchase a vehicle from them.

OP
OP
mister_egg

mister_egg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OWP Civic Si Coupe
Did Hall charge you over sticker? When I complained about them charging me for pin stripes they told me it would be an additional $200 for them to remove them. They are probably the last Honda dealer in the area to not include free lifetime oil changes when you purchase a vehicle from them.
Surprisingly no, but then again my friend was able to connect me with a salesman whom he is friends with as well, who is apparently friends with the GM of the Honda dealership so I was able to get it for MSRP + accessories. So maybe having a low degree of separation helped me out a bit. Though even before I was thinking about buying the Si, I told him that I wasn't going to buy anything unless they removed those added dealer "accessories" and it was up to them if they wanted my business or not because I wasn't really pressed to get a new car in the first place. As far as free oil changes go, the last two cars that I've owned were from Casey and RK and none of them offered free oil changes either OR free state inspections, so this is all new to me that I even get the first few oil changes free and free state inspections.

OP
OP
mister_egg

mister_egg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OWP Civic Si Coupe
Since it hasn't been on there long, you should be able to peel it off with enough patience if it hasn't been baked on by the hot sun already. You might need to soften it with a hair dryer to facilitate removal as you go. Cheap and thin or brittle pin striping tends to break off in small pieces. I'd wash it first then gently use your fingernail to lift enough to grab and pull - you don't want your fingernail dragging dirt across the paint.

My brother had a black 2010 Altima coupe that had silver pin striping installed. After a couple of years, it began turning red-brown as if the metallic flakes in it were rusting. He was unable to remove it himself, so he had a body shop do it. Unfortunately, it took some paint off with it. He had new pin striping installed to conceal the damage then traded the car back to the dealer who installed the pin striping.
Guess what I did on my lunch break, lol:

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Honda Civic Si! e0nXJa

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Honda Civic Si! DZavaxR

So the pinstriping was really easy to remove, lol. I thought it was going to be more difficult than the dealer branding on the back, but it was actually much easier, lol. It's a really hot day today, so all I had to do was rub my fingertip against one of the edges of the vinyl and it would start to peel off and give me enough to start pulling the whole thing off. It does look a whole lot more sexier, doesn't it?

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't think the pinstripe looked bad, but I think without is cleaner - very nice! we have the exact same car, same color and all!

OP
OP
mister_egg

mister_egg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OWP Civic Si Coupe
I didn't think the pinstripe looked bad, but I think without is cleaner - very nice! we have the exact same car, same color and all!
I agree that the pinstriping isn't as bad on this car/color. But I do prefer the cleaner look, so I'm happy. Congrats on yours, I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I complained about them charging me for pin stripes they told me it would be an additional $200 for them to remove them.
Guess what I did on my lunch break, lol:

So the pinstriping was really easy to remove, lol. I thought it was going to be more difficult than the dealer branding on the back, but it was actually much easier, lol. It's a really hot day today, so all I had to do was rub my fingertip against one of the edges of the vinyl and it would start to peel off and give me enough to start pulling the whole thing off. It does look a whole lot more sexier, doesn't it?
You may now pay yourself $200 for a job well done.

Is that a Pokemon hiding in the rear window? ^o.o^

Last edited:
OP
OP
mister_egg

mister_egg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OWP Civic Si Coupe
You may now pay yourself $200 for a job well done.

Is that a Pokemon hiding in the rear window? ^o.o^
Haha, thanks! Though dealer's should really just stop putting them on in the first place.:thumbsdown:
And that is a Pokemon, it's a Slowpoke, I put it there sort of as a joke.:thumbsup:
Sponsored