SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
You are comparing apples to oranges. Civic followers exceed focus/golf combine. And add Type R heritage to that, its no comparison. this is a very different product
Lol its really not man. All three are hot hatches, all three are in the same class of vehicle. I get Honda, Ford, and VW have their followers, but this isn't comparing apples to oranges. You can compare all niche cars in the same category, and see they all followed a trend when released.

Mopar followers wanted the Hellcat/Demon but the Demon won't have an ADM according to Dodge and their new rules

GM followers wanted the Z/28/ZL1/ZR1

Ford followers wanted the GT350/RS

VW followers wanted the R

All the same types of high ADM's, and the thing that they all share in common besides being a niche car, is that they were all nailed with High af ADM's and they ALL sat. This argument will go round and round, but as history shows, the Type R will fall into the same category at some point.
Sponsored

OP
OP
xpimpindistressx

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
Lol its really not man. All three are hot hatches, all three are in the same class of vehicle. I get Honda, Ford, and VW have their followers, but this isn't comparing apples to oranges. You can compare all niche cars in the same category, and see they all followed a trend when released.

Mopar followers wanted the Hellcat/Demon but the Demon won't have an ADM according to Dodge and their new rules

GM followers wanted the Z/28/ZL1/ZR1

Ford followers wanted the GT350/RS

VW followers wanted the R

All the same types of high ADM's, and the thing that they all share in common besides being a niche car, is that they were all nailed with High af ADM's and they ALL sat. This argument will go round and round, but as history shows, the Type R will fall into the same category at some point.
there a logical reason why Fast and Furious put 3 civics in their first movie... but we all have different opinions

OP
OP
xpimpindistressx

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
I didn't forget but I'm trying to figure out what exactly is the point of your post. Opening scene uses three black civics. Great! Now what does that have to do with this thread?
too lazy to explain. if you don't know then you just don't know

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm almost sure a saw a VW as one of the main cars in that movie. Maybe even a FORD Lightning?

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
The S2000 also had low production numbers, the AP1 was hand assembled next to the NSX at the Tochigi factory. Roughly 5,000 units per year were imported into the US. For the first few years dealers kept saying the S2000 was limited and Honda was only going to build the car for 3 years. That 3 years turned into 10 years, Honda made as many S2000's as they could sell. Don't believe the dealer lies, the hype is only to their advantage. This is the same situation, only 17 years later. 6000 units in the first 9 months is plenty for the US market, once a Type R sits on the dealer lot for a while, the prices will come down. It's been proven time and time again, the ADM only lasts so long. Geez, when the 2017 CR-V was released last December, dealers put ADM on the first couple months of inventory they received, and this was on a car that everyone know Honda was going to sell 360,000 units in this year. That's a thousand cars a day! Now dealers are selling below invoice. Those buyers who wanted the CR-V last December paid approx. $4,000 more for their car than if they had waited 6 months. I totally understand that if you want it now, the dealers will take advantage of you. So I sit back and watch the feeding frenzy.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Justification on why you paid over MSRP for a Type R is pretty useless, other than the fact you wanted the car now rather than later.

That's it. That's the reason. Nothing more, nothing less.

OP
OP
xpimpindistressx

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
Justification on why you paid over MSRP for a Type R is pretty useless, other than the fact you wanted the car now rather than later.

That's it. That's the reason. Nothing more, nothing less.
You not owning one and talking to me about this is pretty useless. You are consider by most a "tire-kicker"

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You not owning one and talking to me about this is pretty useless. You are consider by most a "tire-kicker"
Not really in all honesty. Your post justifying why a person should pay ADM is pretty useless considering that it is NEED vs. WANT. You WANTED the car now, so you paying a markup for it, whether it be 1K, 2K, 3K, 5K, or more, was your choice. What matters is that you yourself are happy with your purchase and you yourself feel justified in spending $X.XX amount of dollars over MSRP. If you look back 5 years from now, and are comfortable with paying what you did for the car, then why does anyone else's opinion matter so much? Don't get triggered so easily.

Calling me a tire kicker is hilarious though. The difference between me and you is that I have enough patience to wait it out. I also have a 2016 Acura so I am in no rush to jump in and pay over MSRP for a car that will be obtainable at MSRP or cheaper at some point. I've called about 30 dealerships thus far, and I myself cannot justify paying $50K for a Civic right this very second. Type R or not. But if you are active like I am, prices in some areas have already started to drop. There are used ones popping up as well online already. It's only a matter of time.

But, enjoy the car. You bought it for a reason, and that reason was you WANTED to be one of the first owners of the first Model year of the Type R in America. If that makes you happy, more power to you.
Sponsored