Muffler and resonator delete on Type-R

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
They told me that just doing the muffler and resonator delete would be only 200 less.. they said most of the time will be spent messing with trying to find the best way to reform that area since I'm taking it all out. I am having a really hard time find any shop that will deal with stainless. This is the only shop out of 11 shops I've called that will do stainless.
Sounds like that shop doesn't want to work on your car unless they get the full amount. I got both my mid-resonators cut out and replaced with SS for $120. This shop also has an in-house mandrel bender so it's considered a little "pricier" than the other shops in the area.
Sponsored

jdogcarroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic coupe ex-t lunar silver
$700 for a pipe, some tips, and a "custom" muffler delete? woooo wee! Put that towards a catback/FP/DP guarantee it will be way better quality than that shop can work up.

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
$700 for a pipe, some tips, and a "custom" muffler delete? woooo wee! Put that towards a catback/FP/DP guarantee it will be way better quality than that shop can work up.
While I agree, It looks like all the catbacks are around 1500-2k right now. That seems a bit steep to me for a catback that isnt actually producing any gains.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
While I agree, It looks like all the catbacks are around 1500-2k right now. That seems a bit steep to me for a catback that isnt actually producing any gains.
I don't get the hype om buying TBE or CBE, while on a turbo car the real gains can be seen on a aftermarket downpipe with a proper tune. I know all claim some HP gains, but that doesn't address the bigger picture of having the car tuned. Me after the cat(personal choice)on a DP, I would do just one resonator with straight pipe. Becausearacecar :D

sushi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R
How does it sound? And does it drone at 70-80 on freeway of low speeds?
I’m guessing, unfortunately, it drones. I’ve done several muffler deletes on other vehicles and they sounded amazing until I hit highway speeds.

Midarete

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #4870
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How does it sound? And does it drone at 70-80 on freeway of low speeds?
I’m guessing, unfortunately, it drones. I’ve done several muffler deletes on other vehicles and they sounded amazing until I hit highway speeds.
Drone isn't as bad as you think. Maybe because I had a FRS before and with just a catback it was drone city. around 2.5k RPM there is a big drone, around 3k there isn't as much.

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
So if I wanted to remove the resonators--which do I remove to avoid droning?