Muffler and resonator delete on Type-R

S&R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itr
Does any of the deletion compromise the integrity of the motor or anything? With back pressure needed and all? Also does it add any hp or is it just for sound?

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag
Does any of the deletion compromise the integrity of the motor or anything? With back pressure needed and all? Also does it add any hp or is it just for sound?
No, because we have forced induction. Less restrictions on the exhaust mean better performance, though a resonator delete will probably result in zero performance increase.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
this is the one I'm trying to delete hope i can get a decent sound..
dudes from MD love their cars Honda this much fam?...

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
From the cat down. There is a little down pipe that curves over the steering rack and then the exhaust with 3 resonators and two mufflers bolts up to the flange. Unbolt it and see how loud it is. It shouldn't throw a code because there is no sensors back there. But I would imagine back pressure would change. But if you ever wondered how loud the car can get. Unbolt the exhaust lol it's technically a two piece system but one piece for the simple answer. No axle back bolts or that stuff

Samlietxh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R #5483
Country flag
There has already been a comparison vid out for the CTR exhausts.
Skip to 3:09 for the comparison.

Midarete

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #4870
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really liked the sound of the red type r, and decided to pull the trigger and do exactly what he did.

Both mufflers deleted and both resonators deleted. Only thing left is the middle resonator from the triple exhaust.

Since there aren't many videos of this exact setup besides the red one, I made a video of some stand still revs and some small little drive by.

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
I had a shop route me on a custom catback. 3 inch pipe from cat back. Leave the two resonators on the main pipe and remove resonator and mufflers near the tips. Then replace the tips with different custom tips. They quoted me $700.

I've seen some pictures of past exhausts they've done and their welds are simply amazing. They typically do custom exhausts for rally cars but are eager to get their hands on the type R.

Any thoughts? What kind of sound should I expect from this? Should I go through with it?

Midarete

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #4870
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a shop route me on a custom catback. 3 inch pipe from cat back. Leave the two resonators on the main pipe and remove resonator and mufflers near the tips. Then replace the tips with different custom tips. They quoted me $700.

I've seen some pictures of past exhausts they've done and their welds are simply amazing. They typically do custom exhausts for rally cars but are eager to get their hands on the type R.

Any thoughts? What kind of sound should I expect from this? Should I go through with it?
Seems like you are just trying to do a muffler delete to be honest. Tips won't really change the sound, There are a bunch of videos on youtube with muffler deletes. Why not keep the stock exhaust the way it is and just get a muffler delete for nearly 1/7th of the cost and add in a few more bucks to get the shop to weld on some new tips.

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
I really liked the sound of the red type r, and decided to pull the trigger and do exactly what he did.

Both mufflers deleted and both resonators deleted. Only thing left is the middle resonator from the triple exhaust.

Since there aren't many videos of this exact setup besides the red one, I made a video of some stand still revs and some small little drive by.

Hey I was wondering if you have any drone issues? And does it make the car to loud when cruising around 80?

Midarete

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #4870
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey I was wondering if you have any drone issues? And does it make the car to loud when cruising around 80?
Drone is there at certain RPM range, hear it a little bit when letting off throttle. I drive on the highway for about 38 miles one way and average around 60 - 70 mph. With music on, the exhaust does not bother me at all. You hear the exhaust for sure, but it does not ring my ears as much as my FRS did with a Invidia Catback.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag

This sounds better than any aftermarket exhaust I've heard to date. I LOVE hearing the turbo whistle through the exhaust.

Sounds amazing man.

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
Seems like you are just trying to do a muffler delete to be honest. Tips won't really change the sound, There are a bunch of videos on youtube with muffler deletes. Why not keep the stock exhaust the way it is and just get a muffler delete for nearly 1/7th of the cost and add in a few more bucks to get the shop to weld on some new tips.
They told me that just doing the muffler and resonator delete would be only 200 less.. they said most of the time will be spent messing with trying to find the best way to reform that area since I'm taking it all out. I am having a really hard time find any shop that will deal with stainless. This is the only shop out of 11 shops I've called that will do stainless.

What size pipe is the oem exhaust? They are putting 3inch from the cat back if I do the full pipe.
Sponsored