First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, do you get a lot of thumbs up, and comments(other than here) on how good it sounds?
Sponsored

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
So, do you get a lot of thumbs up, and comments(other than here) on how good it sounds?
Actually, it's more so because I drive the CTR than the sound. You hear modified exhaust day in and day out around me, so loud exhausts don't really catch too much attention.

J-Arias

CTR874
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cu2Tsx, type r
Country flag
I actually deleted the 2 center resonators today...I was trying to decide between 1 and 2 but went for both since I thought deleting 1 would be a popular mod and going for both would be far and few in between and I was interested to see how it'd turn out. There are pros and cons...the pros are that it finally has the growl and deep exhaust note that should have come with the car and has a really mean idle tone, but the cons are that it's drone city, so much so that I wish I only deleted just 1 center resonator LOL. I can see why now the engineers really focused on drone from going FK2 to FK8. It's not the best but it's not the worst drone I've experienced in a car. It's ok...exhaust is always an easy fix and I was thinking aftermarket anyway down the line but hope my ears can take it for the time being.
is that your ctr the one in the video?

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
is that your ctr the one in the video?
No. The guy in video, I think, got everything cut out except for the middle of the 3 rear mufflers. At least, that's what I got from his responses on YouTube. I don't know how he's able to live with that...I'm already really annoyed at the drone from getting the 2 mid-resonators cut out. But now I know that I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust that uses LOTS of resonators, or a really good mid-resonator and a trick, drone-reducing rear muffler.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
No. The guy in video, I think, got everything cut out except for the middle of the 3 rear mufflers. At least, that's what I got from his responses on YouTube. I don't know how he's able to live with that...I'm already really annoyed at the drone from getting the 2 mid-resonators cut out. But now I know that I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust that uses LOTS of resonators, or a really good mid-resonator and a trick, drone-reducing rear muffler.
you mean like.... stock?

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
you mean like.... stock?
At the exit, there's a right and left muffler w/ the middle one being the resonator. I think the guy in video had the right and left mufflers cut, leaving the middle one alone. Also, I think he got both of the mid-resonators cut.

As for me, I cut both the middle mid-resonators and didn't cut any part of the triple exhaust.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
LMFAO, you had to do meatball surgery to get a fart can sound...classic debauchery! I wonder if you can do that to a human body. You know, take out a spleen and make a fart sound as you walk. and it gets faster if you start to jog and then when you sprint, it sounds just like the clip.

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag
Man... I'm not sure about that fart can sound on the SI. I'd like a bit more aggression in my idle, but that sounds terrible.

I'm curious what it sounds like with only 1 resonator out if, as the OP said, 2 is drone city.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Man, I wish we could get an external wastegate. Yes it would be loud, but only at WOT + Max boost. Otherwise, the car would be stock-exhaust quiet!

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Has anyone here done just 1 resonator delete? Im curious on how it sounds and if it has any droning.
There are people who have done just 1 resonator (the bigger of the two) but haven't heard much from them.

Man, I wish we could get an external wastegate. Yes it would be loud, but only at WOT + Max boost. Otherwise, the car would be stock-exhaust quiet!
YES TIMES A MILLION! I went external on my STi years ago, and it was my favorite mod.

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
There are people who have done just 1 resonator (the bigger of the two) but haven't heard much from them.

YES TIMES A MILLION! I went external on my STi years ago, and it was my favorite mod.
Do you have a link i can't find a video that just did 1 resonator delete.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you have a link i can't find a video that just did 1 resonator delete.
No video link. I just remember seeing a few people posting that they either did or were planning a mid-resonator delete back during 1st wave. I haven't heard anything since...all I've seen so far is the RR CTR with everything cut and the PMM CTR with the same amount cut as me.

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
No video link. I just remember seeing a few people posting that they either did or were planning a mid-resonator delete back during 1st wave. I haven't heard anything since...all I've seen so far is the RR CTR with everything cut and the PMM CTR with the same amount cut as me.
Ok thanks for the info ill continue looking :thumbsup:

J-Arias

CTR874
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cu2Tsx, type r
Country flag
im thinking just deleting the one in between the exhausts.
Sponsored