Muffler and resonator delete on Type-R

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I actually deleted the 2 center resonators today...I was trying to decide between 1 and 2 but went for both since I thought deleting 1 would be a popular mod and going for both would be far and few in between and I was interested to see how it'd turn out. There are pros and cons...the pros are that it finally has the growl and deep exhaust note that should have come with the car and has a really mean idle tone, but the cons are that it's drone city, so much so that I wish I only deleted just 1 center resonator LOL. I can see why now the engineers really focused on drone from going FK2 to FK8. It's not the best but it's not the worst drone I've experienced in a car. It's ok...exhaust is always an easy fix and I was thinking aftermarket anyway down the line but hope my ears can take it for the time being.

hwessin

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually deleted the 2 center resonators today...I was trying to decide between 1 and 2 but went for both since I thought deleting 1 would be a popular mod and going for both would be far and few in between and I was interested to see how it'd turn out. There are pros and cons...the pros are that it finally has the growl and deep exhaust note that should have come with the car and has a really mean idle tone, but the cons are that it's drone city, so much so that I wish I only deleted just 1 center resonator LOL. I can see why now the engineers really focused on drone from going FK2 to FK8. It's not the best but it's not the worst drone I've experienced in a car. It's ok...exhaust is always an easy fix and I was thinking aftermarket anyway down the line but hope my ears can take it for the time being.
How difficult were the deletes? Do you have any photos of your process/results? Sounds great!

RosevilleSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
I went to a shop...took them 30 min. I didn't have a chance to take a pic before they took it off the lift.
I'll take befores if you can take shots of the deletes.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Off topic question. Is it true that the exhaust system is one piece? I saw an IG post yesterday lol.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Off topic question. Is it true that the exhaust system is one piece? I saw an IG post yesterday lol.
I believe it is one-piece yes.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Sounds like a 9th gen 2.4L Si
I was wondering why it sounded familiar. I kinda agree with you here. Sounds just like someone's Si I knew when I had mine.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sounds awesome!

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went to a shop...took them 30 min. I didn't have a chance to take a pic before they took it off the lift.
So, the delete that they did, can it be undone, if you decide the droning is too much? Did you inquire as to maybe putting in a diverter, whether manual or electronic for days you want to be inconspicuous?

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I'll take befores if you can take shots of the deletes.
Sorry...haven't had a chance to get this car on the lift again and don't know when the next time it will be on one, so it might be a while before I snap some pics.

So, the delete that they did, can it be undone, if you decide the droning is too much? Did you inquire as to maybe putting in a diverter, whether manual or electronic for days you want to be inconspicuous?
Ehhhh, yes and no, haha. Yes b/c any legit muffler shop can bend and weld whatever you need together, even if its welding back in old hardware. However, it will not look OEM. No, in my case, b/c I doubt the muffler shop I used kept my old resonators (and I didn't ask to keep them) so I'd probably have to go out and buy another resonator or just wait for an aftermarket exhaust.

I'm not much of a diverter guy so I never inquired about them.
Sponsored