MPG Using Ktuner/Hondata

DontDrinknDerive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I'm curious, how many MPGs have you gotten after tuning?

To make it easy, here's the format to follow.

Model: (e.g. EX-T/Touring)
Hardware: (e.g. Hondata/Ktuner)
Map: (e.g. 6PSI Stock Tune/6PSI Custom Tune)
Transmission: (e.g.CVT/MT)
Misc: (e.g. additional relevant mods)
Sponsored

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
its the same as factory if you drove it the same before the tuner.

so theres no need for this

your mpg will probably go down the first few weeks since you are wanting to floor it more than usually to test the new power out

OP
OP

DontDrinknDerive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
its the same as factory if you drove it the same before the tuner.

so theres no need for this

your mpg will probably go down the first few weeks since you are wanting to floor it more than usually to test the new power out
Are you sure the increased power doesn't affect mpg keeping all other things constant? Sources? Seems counter-intuitive.

Either way, as goes all things science, getting more data helps confirm/refute things. So I wouldn't be so quick to say "theres no need for this". At worst case, we will get a confirmation that mpgs were not affected.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Are you sure the increased power doesn't affect mpg keeping all other things constant? Sources? Seems counter-intuitive.

Either way, as goes all things science, getting more data helps confirm/refute things. So I wouldn't be so quick to say "theres no need for this". At worst case, we will get a confirmation that mpgs were not affected.
The increase of power is only if you go WOT. The partial throttle is not touched

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
for hondata that is
Like I said before. If you don't have a lead foot. Your mpg should be the same as factory map. Even if you messed with the partial throttle response on ktuner.

If you are purposely giving it more gas than necessary to go faster, hear the turbo , having fun or hearing your blow of valve then of course your mpg will drop

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Like I said before. If you don't have a lead foot. Your mpg should be the same as factory map. Even if you messed with the partial throttle response on ktuner.

If you are purposely giving it more gas than necessary to go faster, hear the turbo , having fun or hearing your blow of valve then of course your mpg will drop
My BOV is "always" going off ;)
Honda Civic 10th gen MPG Using Ktuner/Hondata 20170410_084201 Honda Civic 10th gen MPG Using Ktuner/Hondata 20170410_093205

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
ha! it went bad already?
looks like its picking up a lot of engine bay dirt?
Yuup Haha. And yah Maine winter did the dirt. I'll be cleaning out the bay for the next meet

Arlington10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Anyone with real mpg numbers after tune, please post. :thumbsup:
What are real #s? The variables are too much, each person drives differently. I mean, I hammer down on mine all the time with the +6 psi on 93, I get 32-35 mpg when I drive to work during the week, but I get like high 20s on the weekend when Im buzzing around town to get groceries and other short runs i make

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
My 2016 ext w/ the hondata 6psi injen sri tune is averaging about 45mpg with the lastest software update. I got just under 600 miles on a single tank of gas and made it from STL Kansas City to and back on a single tank.

The latest revision yields similar fuel economy to a nontuned car.
Sponsored